Nottingham today

Hedd Wyn John

Not buying into that, Myers i can understand as he was axed and maybe something happened behind the scenes on his exit, but not to announce Skalde is a mystery not just from me other fans to..
I don't think there's a mystery at all. The Devils outfit is running on a skeleton crew, they are juggling a million things & unfortunately a few 'nice to haves' have been put to one side while they prioritize what needs to be done to so things run smoothly.

Kevlar68

Maybe the club ethos is no person is bigger than the club as a whole so won't single out a coach/player for any extra attention which I think is a great way and from what I've seen in interviews skalde is all about the team and hockey not self gratitude.

kettdevil1

Maybe the club ethos is no person is bigger than the club as a whole so won't single out a coach/player for any extra attention and from what I've seen in interviews skalde is all about the team and hockey not self gratitude.
Agree.... and I am also pleased we are not Sheffield who do the cringeworthy 'welcome backs'. I like Myers a lot as a player, appreciated what he did for us but.... he is a Panther now so we move on

Gough60

What a difference this team looked against domestic opposition, compared to being generally starved of the puck in CHL (home leg V Lausanne aside)
All players putting in a shift and would be wrong to single out anyone. Fantastic team performance all round.
My concern is the Nottingham home kit. How many times are they going to be called for too many men by being confused with the officials.
Always thought Bracknell played with 6 skaters when we had them at home in the old NIR.

revilo

"My concern is the Nottingham home kit. How many times are they going to be called for too many men by being confused with the officials.
Always thought Bracknell played with 6 skaters when we had them at home in the old NIR"

Also concerned with this, they definitely blended in with the officials! But as/more significantly, that jersey is simply hideous! More like zebras than panthers.

moggy#9

What a difference this team looked against domestic opposition, compared to being generally starved of the puck in CHL (home leg V Lausanne aside)
All players putting in a shift and would be wrong to single out anyone. Fantastic team performance all round.
My concern is the Nottingham home kit. How many times are they going to be called for too many men by being confused with the officials.
Always thought Bracknell played with 6 skaters when we had them at home in the old NIR.
Really there should be done sort of sanity check on shirts. Like the strawberry shirts, or when Newcastle wanted to have shirts like Newcastle United.

Ocko

Ok, cheers.
I've heard different, similar to the Hendrikx situation.
Myers had no comms with Devils since the season ended with the start of COVID. He was told he wasn’t being re-signed around time of press release of him not returning was put out. Although it was pretty clear after 18 months without a call they weren’t signing him.

Mazzoak

The Devils social media output has been dreadful since Fie left, and that was a while ago, lets not forget that - and noticeably absent of anything worthy since then. Interviews in short supply too when we have virtually a whole new team to get to know. I didn’t see/hear any post game interviews from the weekend either - well apart from two given by Tim Wallace, coach of the Panthers. I wonder what our coach thought of those games, mind you I don't think he was even announced at his first home game on the weekend. Some welcome that. I remember Kelman saying that the club would never take fans for granted ever again, when interviewed in the Covid shutdown. Still pre-season I know, but I think we have a lot of work to do with room for lots of improvement in my opinion.
The PR side and off ice management has been dreadful since the owners took over, that’s not a criticism, it’s an observation. I never has been great prior either......slight understatement. The day Steve & a Kelman arrived, hired the auditorium, great, looks like we’ve got some real engagement, it’s continued with Steve on here, full credit to that, standouts a mile. Some of the greatest sports owners had/have similar fan interaction.
Then Mega Monday, shirt issues, ticket issues, WiFi issues, crap sound system, l could go on, it’s becoming a growing list of teething issues, only the baby is now no longer, it’s outta diapers, it’s finished pre school. The teeth have grown.....
Obviously Fie was a victim of Covid, l hope, maybe a similarly capable replacement will be forthcoming once normality returns. Is Kelman out of his depth, financial restricted, overstretched, all of the above, no idea, again I’m not criticising, it’s just an observation.
Having said that it’s blatantly obvious that simple things, that carry impact aren’t being understood. An example is a poor acknowledgment of Skalde, the new team, Steve has demonstrated a unique grasp by his engagement here.
You could add the lack of face mask enforcement or announcements as another simple blatantly obvious attention to detail being massively missed. Many fans voicing disappointment in the clubs lack of attention at a time when no end to the current Pandemic has been announced, cases are rising, hospital admissions are rising and potential locking down of venues a real possibility. Not to mention the p8ssing off of long standing fans who’ve paid considerable amounts of money and are not willing to return, the club not acknowledging this fact, they simple aren’t confident enough to risk their health & potentially their life. Unlike the “gifted” corporate freebies people you find around the rink, gifted tickets in the hope they get drunk enough in the bar. No matter what a persons opinion is, Welsh Law dictates face masks are still legally required in indoor venues such as ice rinks, only in the bar and restaurants are mask allowed to be removed. In much the same way a person cannot assault a fan, they’d be removed, police called etc, yet not wearing a mask has the potential to cause more harm to a person than a punch in the face, you’ve basically got large groups of people assaulting others with not even an announcement to say stop, slight exaggeration, no it’s that important, 18 months of tight restrictions wasn’t for a slight flu, it’s killed, millions. So no a simple announcement and some enforcement l don’t believe is over the top...........

Rant over.......

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

If you would like to take a break from all this off ice doom and gloom, our glorious victory in Nottingham is now up on you tube. Erm yes. Remember hockey. That thing we all come to watch. Well as it happens we are doing rather well. One CHL win and 2 domestic wins.
But please don't let this interrupt the misery.