Non payment

Sheincar said:
If the club dont want this hanging over them perhaps they should answer his phone calls & emails.
How do you know they havent ?...how do we know he has tried to contact them ??

Facebook is a place for useless rubbish,fun and people to meet up with new friends. I put all kinds of rubbish on mine :lol: .Its quite scary what people believe on mine .

If you (Not you Sheincar, i mean in general) hadnt been paid by your employer would you go and broadcast it on Facebook ?...unless of course you knew they were not going to take you on after the summer and you suffered from sour grapes !!!

As for the comment about in the dressing room....coming back from Belfast last season it was quite clear there was an atmosphere between a couple of the players....and yes,one of them was Miller.

Rempel16

It certainly does seem unprofessional form Matt. He knows full well that the only people likely to take an interest in this are Devils fans.

I was in two minds about whether I would be pleased to see him back. I think on his day he was fantastic, very strong on the puck and quick as lightning. But, he disappeared in a lot of games also and could be very frustrating to watch.

He was brought in to be our secondary toughness after Voth. Well a pre-season fight and a tilt with Mark Lefevbre doesn't cut it for me.

This has certainly made my mind up now, I think i'd rather us look elsewhere.

ASHIPP

If there are any genuine issues over the sensitive matter of payment, Facebook is not the place to be discussing it no matter how aggrieved that person is. Whilst this goes on, it can't be good for the organisation.....or for Matt's signing prospects if he is publically being negative about his previous club. I still believe strongly that the Club would not deliberately leave themselves in this situation. Perhaps there has been a simple mistake or misunderstanding......or Killer has an axe to grind. It is disappointing to think this might be the case. Am sure this matter will be resolved quickly and privately - Shannon and G are probably aware of it by now.

I am a very big fan of Killer but disappointed to learn that he might not be returning next year, as he was explosive and sometimes awesome on his day and a great character. If there is any truth that he was involved in unresolved personality clashes/locker room tensions (for whatever reasons) which were impacting on morale/performance, then it's clear that it's something G wants to eliminate next season. The team is far more important than the individuals in it.

It's obvious from recent press releases/statements that G has already targeted the Vother and Tylor for returning contracts - 2 great examples of total team players. :cool:

Let's hope it's sorted swiftly for both sides. Much as I would love to think Matt is returning to the Devils, perhaps he'll be bound elsewhere in the EIHL? :?

If Miller is owed any money from the club then I agree that it's a poor show not to pay him. He shouldn't have put this in the public domain though.

I'm just putting this out there, and it may cause a fuss but it's what I think. What does bother me is some of the comments on there. Some people need to get their tongues out of his backside. Why on earth would the club 'allegedly' not paying a player what he is fully owed, make you so ashamed to the fact that you want to cancel your season ticket?!

Whoever has said that has made a ridiculous comment if you ask me. It may not be right, but Im sure it will happen again and Im sure it has happened before. While Miller is skating round for his new team next season, can you honestly say you'd be happy at home on a Saturday or Sunday night while the Devils were playing in an exciting match, content that because Miller was unhappy with money, you gave up your ticket? I think not.

Max

Max Beerbarrell said:
If Miller is owed any money from the club then I agree that it's a poor show not to pay him. He shouldn't have put this in the public domain though.

I'm just putting this out there, and it may cause a fuss but it's what I think. What does bother me is some of the comments on there. Some people need to get their tongues out of his backside. Why on earth would the club 'allegedly' not paying a player what he is fully owed, make you so ashamed to the fact that you want to cancel your season ticket?!

Whoever has said that has made a ridiculous comment if you ask me. It may not be right, but Im sure it will happen again and Im sure it has happened before. While Miller is skating round for his new team next season, can you honestly say you'd be happy at home on a Saturday or Sunday night while the Devils were playing in an exciting match, content that because Miller was unhappy with money, you gave up your ticket? I think not.

Max

There is nothing like players not getting paid, to bring some strong reactions from fans, this is a mild reaction compared to the last time it happened ( allegedly ) and the ensuing season that never was. There are people within the Devils organization that will remember only to well, the fallout on that occasion and that is why I can t believe this would be allowed to happen again if at all possible. Therefore this must be some kind of misunderstnding or the club are in such a mess that nothing can be done about it.

Hopefully its the former

The fact that he expressed his displeasure about players being criticised on an internet forum and then criticises the club through a similair medium just confirms that his inconsistency is not limited to his performance on the ice. I can't understand why the signing of Birbraer was met with a fairly muted response whilst everyone clamours for Millers resigning, both signed as first line players, both inconsistent throughout the season the only noticeable differences were the points production and, as Koop11 said, Miller was liable to take dumb penalties in the attacking zone. The timing of his outburst, as has been said, smacks of unprofessionalism and/or sour grapes and for my money, tells us that he is exactly the type of personality G neither wants nor needs in the dressing room. As for not buying a season ticket over a dispute between player and club, who will this affect apart from yourself?

Wannabe2

The days of players not getting paid at Cardiff are long gone, and amen to that. Players are docked 10% of there wages each month, then at the end of the season if they produce there utility bills showing they are paid, then they recieve there 10% back. This is so that the club dont get stung as has happened in the past, if there accomodation is left in tidy condition, and bills are paid then there isnt a problem to any parties, cant see a problem in that arrangment myself.

I haven't been on the forum for a couple of days so have just read all the comments on this thread.

Firstly I cannot believe a 'professional' sportsperson would make comments about his own personal issues on an open forum. I do not buy into the opinion that there are any financial problems with the club.

Secondly I can't believe some of the responses to these comments, especially the one threatening to withdraw their season ticket. As usual these sort of comments are made after one persons side of a two sided story. I certainly do not expect the Devils organisation to respond to his issue in an open forum.

This is a private matter and should be dealt with as such, I don't see it as any of my business or that of other people. It is disappointing he chose to vent his obvious issues with the club in this manner.

HC42

4 pages ago Phil PLT explained the situation that is most likely to behind this issue. it doesnt seem like Miller has acted at all professionally and it doesnt seem like he is coming back, so can we please move on.

Players are no always in the right, clubs are not always in the wrong.....MOSTLY, but not always :)

I agree that the 'threats' to cancel season tickets are a knee-jerk reaction based on hearing one side of the story. Unfortunately, those of us who have been watching ice hockey in Cardiff for some time, remember the last time players weren't paid.

With regards to Matt being unprofessional in posting his comments on Facebook, how would we feel if our employers didn't pay us money we had been promised/earned? I would be spitting feathers and telling everyone I could. Does that make me unprofessional? Possibly. Would I care? Not a bit!

Hopefully someone from the club has now contacted Matt and the matter has now been resolved.

ASHIPP

gneissgirl1 said:
I agree that the 'threats' to cancel season tickets are a knee-jerk reaction based on hearing one side of the story. Unfortunately, those of us who have been watching ice hockey in Cardiff for some time, remember the last time players weren't paid.

With regards to Matt being unprofessional in posting his comments on Facebook, how would we feel if our employers didn't pay us money we had been promised/earned? I would be spitting feathers and telling everyone I could. Does that make me unprofessional? Possibly. Would I care? Not a bit!

Hopefully someone from the club has now contacted Matt and the matter has now been resolved.
Get your point, but Matt is not going to solve this issue by publically discussing it on Facebook is he? Whatever has gone on is a matter between him and the Club. Non-payment of players has happened before.......a VERY long time ago so the current circumstances suggest it could be a misunderstanding or a mistake. The Club will sort it privately with him. :cool:
Much as I am a big fan of Killer, I hope these comments about his old club don't damage his own prospects for signing elsewhere. :?

gneissgirl1 said:
Unfortunately, those of us who have been watching ice hockey in Cardiff for some time, remember the last time players weren't paid.
But the difference here, as already explained several times now is that a percentage of the players wages are witheld until the Club are sure that there are no outstanding bills still to pay. This is nothing new to the season just gone, it happens every season and indeed it is something the players are made aware of at the start of every season.

Wannabe2

If there was a problem paying players then dont you think there would be more people moaning, unless of course others have supplied there paid bills, and had there witheld monies returned to them. Jon Pelle was recommended by Miller, would you recommend a mate to someone who treated you badly, hello i dont think so, think this thread has seen its day myself. Its surely onwards and upwards now. :roll:

If it is what Phil says (e.g final bills etc), then most companies will take at least 30 days to produce a final bill - depending on the billing dates etc and then sending bills out etc etc.

Perhaps if this is the case someone from the club can explain this to Matt?

agree this does not look good for the club, but wether matt placed this on FB or not is up to him. His contract with the Devils and us as fans ended the day after the playoffs. Every players private lives are their own I think during the summer months, as has been explained, they are not being payed by the Devils and therefore have the right to do what they want, even if we don't agree. Chances are Matt is the type of guy who wont put up and shut up like some of the players who have to if they want to come back next season.
Best of luck for the future Matt, enjoyed every time you run the keeper and the amazing bursts of energy you had, when the games were a bit flat.

Sliput

devil99 said:
agree this does not look good for the club, but wether matt placed this on FB or not is up to him. His contract with the Devils and us as fans ended the day after the playoffs. Every players private lives are their own I think during the summer months, as has been explained, they are not being payed by the Devils and therefore have the right to do what they want, even if we don't agree. Chances are Matt is the type of guy who wont put up and shut up like some of the players who have to if they want to come back next season.
Best of luck for the future Matt, enjoyed every time you run the keeper and the amazing bursts of energy you had, when the games were a bit flat.
I must be in the minority because i think this makes Matt Miller look a bit silly and acting like a child throwing his teddies out of the pram !!

Sliput said:
devil99 said:
I must be in the minority because i think this makes Matt Miller look a bit silly and acting like a child throwing his teddies out of the pram !!
I agree with you as he shouldn't be posting this on a public forum, and as for the player himself i wouldn't be to bothered if he didn't come back here he played ok in spurts but that is far as it goes!!! we can do better..

For those questioning Matt's professionalism in posting how unhappy he is on his Facebook page, you'd be well to remember that professionalism is a two way street, and maybe the Devils office should remember that as well.

Matt posted "they wont even talk to me have emailed and got no reply back and i have phone and left msg's with ppl in the office and sill didnt get a reply back."

Maybe if someone at the club had shown Matt the courtsey of at least responding to him and discussing the issue, then this would never have been in the public domain.

Finny

And what if the club have explained the situation to him but he still posted it?

I notice amongst the butt kissers on his facebook page, others like Mags and Anne Hall have asked if it was because of the 10% bills rule, and offered to contact the club themselves.
But he hasn't replied to them.

Centre Ice said:
For those questioning Matt's professionalism in posting how unhappy he is on his Facebook page, you'd be well to remember that professionalism is a two way street, and maybe the Devils office should remember that as well.
My bold. You are right, and as you know I am not the biggest fan of the way the club handles several aspects of it's business but if the shoe was on the other foot and the Devils had posted something along the lines of Matt Miller aint getting his 10% cash because his accomodation was dirty or his car was damaged and we can't get hold of him because he's gone fishing would that be okay?
At the end of the day he is in the marketplace for employment and an outburst like that against his previous employers won't do him any favours, that was the point I was trying to make about professionalism maybe I could have worded it better but you know I struggle without my expletives and I just wouldn't get away with it on here.