Non payment

Ger-Devils

I would prefer to hear something from the club on this before believing what has been written on a plyers facebook. As has been stated earlier in this thread, players are not played when their season is over. I've also heared he will not be back next year

Cant beleive this is true but who knows,but i spoke to miller at end of the season,he wont' be back next season going along lines to do with coaching a.ka. gered adams must have been a personality clash.

Gazza272

b.goldberg said:
Cant beleive this is true but who knows,but i spoke to miller at end of the season,he wont' be back next season going along lines to do with coaching a.ka. gered adams must have been a personality clash.

Adams Jibe number 1 of the off season for Goldberg :lol:

Wonder what the streak of them will be through the summer ;)

*Little in joke for all you old school wrestling fans*

Way to take all the attention off our new signing...not a classy act to make this news public, at least in my view it's not the conduct of a professional sportsman. A shame as I thought he was starting shine towards the end of the season...

kettdevil1

devilish said:
Way to take all the attention off our new signing...not a classy act to make this news public, at least in my view it's not the conduct of a professional sportsman. A shame as I thought he was starting shine towards the end of the season...
Exactly.

Thinking back this isn't the first time this player has aired his thoughts using Facebook. Not a good move and not exactly professional I would suggest.

DevilDom

kettdevil1 said:
devilish said:
Exactly.

Thinking back this isn't the first time this player has aired his thoughts using Facebook. Not a good move and not exactly professional I would suggest.
Couldn't agree more. I really liked Miller as a player and would have liked to have him back, but not after this. Not professional at all and timed to take attention away from the signing news today from a player who obviously has an axe to grind with the coach.

Lets just hope people and players see this for exactly what it is - an immature act by an immature player.

Completely agree with DevilDom, wasn't impressed with his previous comments on facebook about this forum and not impressed with this one. Not a topic that should be discussed on a social website if your a professional sportsman. As good a player as he could be i don't want to see him back next year.
Hopefully this situation will be sorted swiftly, can't imagine the club would want this hanging over them.

Koop11

I personally won’t mind if Miller doesn’t return next season. Whilst on his night can be very explosive and very good, I feel he is a selfish player in that he’ll take stupid penalties in the offensive zone and play his game when he feels like it.

If however the suggestion that the club has not paid money that he is owed then that isn’t good. That said, he’s apparently made comments on his FB page which doesn’t make the suggestion true.

With regard to the player budget being cut next season, I have heard once again from different people that this is absolute noise. With season ticket sales up on last year at this time I cannot see why they would drop the budget. We’ve made some great signings so far and there is nothing to suggest there is a drop in budget.

DevilDom

I think that what is becoming apparent to me now is that the rumours during the season of there being problems in the dressing room may be true.

This would maybe explain the erratic performances (particularly away from home) and the fact that on occassion players did not seem to be following the coach's instruction or appeared to not know what the instruction was.

I'm from the Alex Ferguson school of thinking in that you are either with the coach or out with no in-between - No player is bigger than the team or club. Whilst i accept that this may not always be as easy to apply in ice hockey with the availability of players being an issue, I still think it should hold as much as possible - whoever the coach is. I also feel I personally owe G an apology as I criticised performances that now seem may have been more down to certain players than the coach.

If Matt isnt getting any of his calls returned etc I dont blame him putting his comments on facebook maybe he will get a response from Shannon possibly who is on facebook ???
Same old Free Speech and all and :?: if this is true I would consider cancelling my season ticket!

Thought all this c--p went when Bob went away???

Before anyone shoots me down that is my opinion!!!! :D

Kipper

Phil PLT has explained clearly what the process is.Every end of season some players at all clubs are unhappy about some money they think they are owed not being paid.I know of instances where club cars have been returned damaged,apartments left like skips, utility bills unpaid etc.This is why some of the players' final wages are retained in case they leave any "surprises" behind. Why should the club pick up the costs that players have incurred?

By the way,I have no knowledge if any of the above is relevant to Matt Miller but they are mentioned as examples of what can happen.

G has been abroad since mid-April so is not in a position to resolve this matter but I'm no doubt someone in the Devils office is on the case and it will hopefully be resolved to everyone's satisfation asap.

I have also heard that Matt will definitely not be returning next season.

I understand what your saying Kipper but there is no ecuse for not answering the guy fair play? and as for him not returning shame but I dont blame him do you?

How do we know that Miller hasn't had his calls answered? He's posted it on Facebook.

He also said on there that he'd had no communication from G about next year, when G stated otherwise.

I don't know who is telling the truth, but alot of people on here always seem eager to side with players over management and coaches...I know which is more likely to have the long term well being of the club at heart!!

DevilDom

Angelic_Devil said:
I understand what your saying Kipper but there is no ecuse for not answering the guy fair play? and as for him not returning shame but I dont blame him do you?
Its pretty un-professional to go public with something like this though. Not only is it a slur on the club but it could affect new player signings and thus has an impact on us fans.

Sheincar

Well people on here are not averse to making public their criticism of Miller as a player so not sure why he should take fans feelings into account. He is a friend of Jon Pelle so clearly hasnt put the boot in about the club.

DevilDom

Sheincar said:
Well people on here are not averse to making public their criticism of Miller as a player so not sure why he should take fans feelings into account. He is a friend of Jon Pelle so clearly hasnt put the boot in about the club.
Yes, my opinion is that he has been unprofessional posting this on a social networking site - I've defended Miller in the past, particulalry after the play-off final when I thought some were unfair to criticsm him. Regardless of whether the club has not answered his calls / emails, I personally don't think he should have gone down this route as others have explained there is a process to be followed.