NHL Game Center Live

KaneDevils said:
Why would i want to watch a game from 4 years ago? :lol:
Being able to watch any of those games over the last 4 months has kept me occupied enough so I'm not complaining. Also, sometimes a highlight will be shown from a particular game and you have the option to watch the game the highlight was from if need be. There's plenty of the best hockey going to be seen in what's available, and far better than anything you'll see this side of the pond, so it's nice to have that option. Nobodies being forced to watch them, but it's there if you choose to. Some people aren't even aware you can do that and just think it's a live broadcast only service.

People are no doubt happy watching their Brad Voth tribute DVD's with footage from years back. Watching old games on Gamecenter is no different.

KaneDevils

Well my subscription is due to be auto renewed so I'll leave it as that :)
I appreciate what your saying, watching old games from the current season, yes, I can understand that. But watching a game from 4 or 5 years ago to me is pointless. ;:|

each to their own! :p

People are no doubt happy watching their Brad Voth tribute DVD's with footage from years back. Watching old games on Gamecenter is no different.
;:|

KaneDevils said:
Your right mate, bugger. OK, plan B will be The Senators Vs The jets !! :cool: OR, Pens & Flyers on stream. Decisions decisions !!
Haha i watched the Jets v Senators game,was going to watch the Kings v Blackhawks game but it was blacked out :( Don't know why because it wasn't on premier sports :? Gamecenter wouldn't work on my xbox so i had to watch it on my laptop. Hopefully they'll fix it soon!

Habs v Leaves (yes, that's the plural of 'leaf', sorry) is on Premier Sports so maybe for the best I don't get caught up in that now. I can actually have a Sunday, as opposed to the final period lost behind a whiskey-induced mist and a massive headache tomorrow. Thank God for blackouts.

why do nhl need black out for people living out side of usa it not like we can get nbc , plus there ipad and xbox apps just failed on the first night and I though eihl was bad

devils2001uk said:
why do nhl need black out for people living out side of usa it not like we can get nbc , plus there ipad and xbox apps just failed on the first night and I though eihl was bad
Glad it wasn't just my phone app that wouldn't respond to CPR last night, but the blackouts are there because the NHL has sold the broadcast rights to certain games to a channel operating in our territory so they'd be in breach of that agreement by making the games available here too. Doesn't matter that it's a subscription channel.

Can't watch the Habs game for 48 hours, so stuck on Bruins v Rangers. As much as I loathe the Bruins, the show's opening montage to the opener off the new Dropkick Murphys album made me smile more than a bit.

Skippy

Man this black out thing is a pain.

Watching Canucks v Ducks..

Managed to avoid the score so far.. I'm sensing its not going to end well ):

kettdevil1

skippy said:
Man this black out thing is a pain.

Watching Canucks v Ducks..

Managed to avoid the score so far.. I'm sensing its not going to end well ):
Depends what you want to happen.......... although I could guess...........

Interesting to see Matt Beleskey out there just a few weeks after seeing him playing for the Blaze.....

No sign of Biz for the 'Yotes on opening night.

Re the 48hr blackout, the Kings vs Blackhawks game was blacked out last night ( odd because it wasn't listed as being shown live by that Sky Channel but being shown this morning) - the Flyers vs Pens was shown live and also blacked out. Both still are this just now at 2.30pm to me if I connect to GCL through my PC. However, through the GCL app on XBOX 360, I've been able to watch both full games this morning ;)

GCL was playing right up last night, can only assume the thing was inundated and couldn't handle it. Couldn't connect via XBOX GCL app at all, and the PC was hit and miss. All fine this morning with both so hopefully they've sorted the problem out.

TheStub

Spearsy said:
There is a website called ustream.tv you can watch premier sports on there so problem solved regarding black out games
Provided you are down with premier sports accidentally blacking out their own games :lol:

Mind you MSG+ did it during the Devils game the other night. They forgot the rule on adverts after an icing :DWD

Anyone else feeling narked by the unskippable adverts they've put into all TV commercial breaks on GCL?

I've seen the same 'That's Life' NatWest ad in every single break in the first 2 periods on this Bolts/Habs game. If I wasn't home alone I'd have punched someone by now.

It's a violation of me human rights, it is.