NHL Game Center Live

Thread starter #1
Took the time to email the NHL today for a price and info on NHL Game Center live

Just got this reply from them

Please do NOT reply to this Email. If the information listed in this email does not resolve your customer service issue, please call 866-210-6349.
Greetings,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Kindly be advised that you will be able to sign up for a subscription or renew your subscription in the next 24-72 hours at our website: http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenterlive.htm. Pricing for this season is $49.99 with the installment option being (2) payments of $24.99.

If you want to find out about if a device is supported; kindly visit us at: http://www.nhl.come/devices

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Please do NOT reply to this Email. If the information listed in this email does not resolve your customer service issue, please call 866-210-6349.
:D

There's an article on Yahoo that says:
Because the entirety of the NHL playoffs in the U.S. are now broadcast via NBC's networks, all subscriptions for Center Ice and GameCenter Live will include just the regular season.
Anyone know what that means for us? Will they still be showing the playoffs but we'll have to pay more?

rocketbob

Merthyr Devil said:
There's an article on Yahoo that says:
Because the entirety of the NHL playoffs in the U.S. are now broadcast via NBC's networks, all subscriptions for Center Ice and GameCenter Live will include just the regular season.
Anyone know what that means for us? Will they still be showing the playoffs but we'll have to pay more?
As a Tampa Bay fan I won't be missing any of my teams games anyway.:smile:

KaneDevils

I almost feel like am stealing it at that price
Really? ;:|

Think I'll stick to the stream sites. In fact sometimes the picture is as good if not better. Plus there's always the risk of falling asleep the time their on.

wildthing74

KaneDevils said:
Hynod said:
Can you watch the stream sites the following morning if you do fall asleep?
Err, no, but at least you wouldn't of wasted any money. That was my point.
Personally I think £30 odd quid to watch any game and condensed highlights next day is a bargain yeah.

KaneDevils

KaneDevils said:
Diafol said:
I was told yesterday when I signed back up that the playoffs are included.

Regular season ends April 27th

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason ... av-sch-sea
Well if the PO's are included then thats swell, if not I think it's a little dear?
That would work out about £10 a month, think I paid £6.99 a month last season, for the whole season.
I was a bit wrong. Just checked the email I had when I joined up, I paid $23.95 for half a season, with the PO's so Yep, that price for this season (half season?) is bloody dear. :shock:

Dear? ;:|

5 months of NHL hockey for £30 is dear? Real HD quality and not the crappy quality/reliability of stream sites , dual commentaries,picture in picture, all games available to watch live or on demand afterwards. You do realise that you can watch any NHL game from the last 4/5 years on GCL on demand?

GCL includes the playoffs. The only fly in the ointment is that crap that is Premier Sports airing some live games that are blacked out to the UK starting this season.

Last year paid $160 for the whole year which for 9 months of hockey worked out at about £11 a month. People seem content to pay £8 to watch a one off EIHL webcast, so £30 for GCL and everything you get with it is hardly pricey.

KaneDevils

Dear yes, I was comparing it to what I paid for half a season last season. If you see my post above. I signed up early Feb last year, had the rest of the season and the PO's for $23.95. So, a bit dearer this term. Why would i want to watch a game from 4 years ago? :lol:

The Pens Vs The Flyers tonight around 8PM our time F/O

BRING IT ON :RAWK

KaneDevils said:
Dear yes, I was comparing it to what I paid for half a season last season. If you see my post above. I signed up early Feb last year, had the rest of the season and the PO's for $23.95. So, a bit dearer this term. Why would i want to watch a game from 4 years ago? :lol:

I think the Pens v Flyers game is blacked out on gamecenter tonight as it's on live on premier sports :(

KaneDevils

Adamj said:
KaneDevils said:

I think the Pens v Flyers game is blacked out on gamecenter tonight as it's on live on premier sports :(
Your right mate, bugger. OK, plan B will be The Senators Vs The jets !! :cool: OR, Pens & Flyers on stream. Decisions decisions !!

Diafol

Is anyone actually able to log in properly at the moment ?

Can't do it here, it just tells me to upgrade (Did that on Tuesday)

KaneDevils

Mine automatically signed up again, had an email this morning. Didn't think It did that?
I just logged in now fine. If you subscribed last year it should run until Feb 2nd.

Diafol

All sorted now, checked my credit card online and they hadn't actually taken the payment ;:|

Entered my details again and it now works :RAWK