New Signing

terry hunt

I like the comment he has an agitating style.
We could do with a Sacratini type of player.
The only thing is he has played in a different country every year.
Lets hope he is not on a european tour before retiring.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

A cracking signing - an experienced, consistent player with a winning mentality. A great addition to our roster.

Hope he enjoys his time in Cardiff

Chris

Administrator
Bit random, but is this the first non-canadian import that we've signed since the takeover?

Doesn't really make any difference, but it's good to get another body in and playing! Hurrah :D

JC23

Bit random, but is this the first non-canadian import that we've signed since the takeover?

Doesn't really make any difference, but it's good to get another body in and playing! Hurrah :D
Yes indeed.
Phil Osaer, Sean Scarborough, and Jamie Milam being the last Americans.

Finny

No. We had Kurka last season and Tahtinen midway through the first.

Mixed feelings really. His stats look good and I'm assuming the thinking is to provide cover in case we have another injury BUT it's a risk in terms of team chemistry, who do you rest and does this mean Lord is back on the bench? I think it's no coincidence that our form has improved since Lord has been playing...he has lifted the whole team by example. I would have been more than happy to carry on as we were and have bad memories from late additions last season. Time will obviously tell though and hopefully this new player will have a positive impact and help us get over the line.

Wannabe2

Great move by our ambitious club, welcome to Wales Denny. Lord has to keep playing he is on fire, it's going to be a tough final stretch but we are capable of beating anyone.

Pe
Mixed feelings really. His stats look good and I'm assuming the thinking is to provide cover in case we have another injury BUT it's a risk in terms of team chemistry, who do you rest and does this mean Lord is back on the bench? I think it's no coincidence that our form has improved since Lord has been playing...he has lifted the whole team by example. I would have been more than happy to carry on as we were and have bad memories from late additions last season. Time will obviously tell though and hopefully this new player will have a positive impact and help us get over the line.
Personally I thought the additions of last year really improved the team and in the latter part of the season were some of our more consistent guys.

As for lordo I think he's made it clear he'd rather be on the bench not playing and if Kearny can bring the energy that lord does then maybe this is a very clever move

august04

Morissette being on the bench while he's injured, gives us more experience there. Even with a new signing, I expect and hope to see Lord playing in every game until the end of the season. We simply have to play our best/form players in the run in and he's too good to leave out.

ASHIPP

Lordo said in an interview earlier this week that he would probably be playing in many games now. Whether that changes remains to be seen.

The arrival of such a strong addition to the roster gives Lordo more options - he can rest players carrying knocks and put out the strongest team possible every game.

Andrew is playing so well himself and is a terrific leader - hope he does continue to play at least for the remainder of this season.

backrow

Devils are very tough to beat when they play their best defensive hockey. Hopefully, their best two way players are kept in the line-up to help keep them on a successful streak!