New signing being announced tomorrow

DevilDom said:
I'm looking forward to watching him play. He adds size to our D and it appears he is not afraid to drop the gloves either. We were all impressed with Batch last season so hopefully he will be able to make a similar step up. It's also a shot across the bowe's of the likes of Batch, who IMO has started slowly this year and the other D men that we have someone else if they are not performing.

Lets give the guy a chance and get behind him and the team on Saturday.
+1

The guy is a big lad - got a feeling he tangoed with Ross Wilkinson in the recent NIHL 1 game against Streatham Redskins & gave a good account of himself.

Those fans expressing disappointment with the hype around this signing possibly need to give some credit to G and PR for doing something proactive about a situation that needed something being done. They are damned if they do something, they are damned if they don't. If the message doesn't get out in a positive way, one can hardly expect to get positive results.

Sliput

Block 2 Noise Boys said:
Those fans expressing disappointment with the hype around this signing possibly need to give some credit to G and PR for doing something proactive about a situation that needed something being done. They are damned if they do something, they are damned if they don't. If the message doesn't get out in a positive way, one can hardly expect to get positive results.
Totally agree with you. I am just amazed at the negativity by some people. Who did they expect ? Some NHL'er ?

As for PR's PR....we need to welcome players and make a big deal out of it whether it be an import or some fresh faced 16 yr old Brit !! They are all members of OUR team.

Slartibartfast

This signing makes sense. We need 6 D but dropping G back has taken away from our offense particularly with Max out for 3 games.
This will allow 3 D pairings to get used to playing together and give us a reasonable third line offense.
Shrewd move

Tyke Devil

Be good to give him some ice time tomorrow.

One thing for certain, the NIHL Devils team is looking very decent. Think I will be heading down the BBT on Sunday.

Kipper

Saw Rupert on the ice this morning and he knows what he is doing. He will be a good option in the Josh Batch mould and could develop into a good GB player given the chance.He is very keen to be here and earn his place. A hungry player can only benefit the room and the more competition the better.Good luck to him and well done Cudd and G for giving the guy a chance to show if he can cut it at Elite level.

My guess is he will be very cheap so PR won't have to break the bank to afford him

kettdevil1

DevilDom said:
I very much doubt it will be an import.

Young Brit with potential. Josh Batch type player.
Good shout.

Intriguing signing and one that could be very good indeed. I suspect he might see some ice time on Sunday when Olsen is around, the only way to combat a 6 foot 6 player is often to come up with one of your own..

osh

Good luck to him, hope he does well.

( the whisper is he's been brought in to protect Didiomete :lol: :lol: )

ASHIPP

Best of luck to Rupert. Hope he is given some shifts on Saturday. We could certainly do with balanced pairings on D which will allow G to play forward. Most of the teams in this league have 2 British defencemen.

Earnie

WELCOME RUPERT TO OUR TENT
ANY HELP IS WELL SENT
JOIN STU AND MAC AND THE REST
SQUEELERS TOMORROW WILL BE A TEST

oh dear ............ sure others can do better!

Diafol

ASHIPP said:
Best of luck to Rupert. Hope he is given some shifts on Saturday. We could certainly do with balanced pairings on D which will allow G to play forward. Most of the teams in this league have 2 British defencemen.

As long as his team mates don't leave him exposed at the back - it wouldn't be right to leave Rupert bare...

I'll get me coat :oops:

voth26

Diafol said:
ASHIPP said:

As long as his team mates don't leave him exposed at the back - it wouldn't be right to leave Rupert bare...

I'll get me coat :oops:
LOL thats so wrong on many levels, is yours the duffle coat and yellow checked scarf!! lol