New signing being announced tomorrow

KaneDevils

I know I know. Just having a laugh. I know it's rare on here but it is still allowed !!
I haven't a clue who it is but I'm excited none the less. :|

DevilDom

I think there will be quite a few disappointed people tomorrow.

Look at our crowds so far - does anyone really think we can afford a big name signing like Pecker let alone an NHLer?

Lets just be grateful we'll have another body on the ice whoever it is and not put the hopes for our season on their backs!

voth26

As DD says lets just wait and see, good to see ragan doing his bit for the devils, im not expecting a "name" so i wont be disappointed just glad to have another player who will hopefully steady the ship and give the existing guys some confidence to play their game. roll on saturday

DevilDom

Batman said:
Anyone else up at 6.00 this morning for the announcement, wonder what the hold up is?
Visa problems (not!). Probably waiting for the hysteria to die down so when they announce and unknown Brit player people are less disappointed!

voth26

I wasnt expecting a big name so i wouldnt be disappointed but i'm under whelmed with this signing, he's a big ole boy for sure is he in the devils line up for steelers game?

It says 6'3" and 207lbs on elite prospects, and 6'6", 235lbs on the Devils website.

Big difference between the two..maybe he's had a growth spurt recently?!

Earnie

Lets not knock it and wait and see what the lad can do. With the recent poor attendances Ragan could have gone the other way!

Have Hope#35

If he can perform on the big stage then give him a chance I say... We have nothing to lose! I'd like to see him thrown in at the deep end on Saturday night, he'd be desperate to impress i'm sure... Even if he only gets a few shifts!

Bit disappointed that Ragan hyped it up in the way he did... I think we'd have all been a lot more pleased if we hadn't had the heads up!

TommyDevil13 said:
It says 6'3" and 207lbs on elite prospects, and 6'6", 235lbs on the Devils website.

Just checked Elite Prospects which clearly states 6'6 and 235lbs. 22 yrs old.
Positive move and possibly an additional 'wake up call' to existing defencemen.

drainage

CornwallTaffy said:
TommyDevil13 said:

Just checked Elite Prospects which clearly states 6'6 and 235lbs. 22 yrs old.
Positive move and possibly an additional 'wake up call' to existing defencemen.
They have changed it - I looked about 15 mins after the announcement and it said 6' 3" and 207lbs his growth spurt was in last couple of hours it seems !!!

He is a big lad - hopefully he uses that on ice and we see the benefit !

DevilDom

I'm looking forward to watching him play. He adds size to our D and it appears he is not afraid to drop the gloves either. We were all impressed with Batch last season so hopefully he will be able to make a similar step up. It's also a shot across the bowe's of the likes of Batch, who IMO has started slowly this year and the other D men that we have someone else if they are not performing.

Lets give the guy a chance and get behind him and the team on Saturday.

drainage

DevilDom said:
I'm looking forward to watching him play. He adds size to our D and it appears he is not afraid to drop the gloves either. We were all impressed with Batch last season so hopefully he will be able to make a similar step up. It's also a shot across the bowe's of the likes of Batch, who IMO has started slowly this year and the other D men that we have someone else if they are not performing.

Lets give the guy a chance and get behind him and the team on Saturday.
Totally agree ..... lets give him a chance !