New Devils Jerseys

Samael

The last time I was a season ticket holder the club was sponsored by BT. The last jersey I bought was the sponsor free one during the cancelled covid season. If this years one is another colour variant I wont care. If its a different design, like the 30th anniversary one with the 86 logo on the shoulders that was rare as rocking horse shit, I will be pissed off.

The main point here though is that of expectation and entitlement.

All you are ENTITLED to is the season ticket.

Certain people are starting to EXPECT more.

I don't know how else to spell this out.

Last edited:

JC23

That's actually the st jersey that I wanted back before I got a season ticket, if what I've heard about the new one is true its an absolute beauty.
I was very very lucky to be able to get two of those jerseys. One for myself, and one for my (then) 6 month old son. Never been happier to have a matching jersey in my life.

drainage

Aren't you already getting the benefit of a discount on the price of the ticket for buying it in advance, not to mention a guaranteed seat of your choosing. I don't want to start a fight now but you sounded quite entitled in your previous post. Season ticket holders are very important to the club, l've been one myself in the past but l never expected additional benefits on top. I was paying to support the club and watch games that is all l was expecting.
I left my ST money with club during pandemic , I didn’t take any refund for games played behind closed doors ….I won’t be buying a jersey as I don’t tend to be a jersey buyer. I get ST doesn’t suit everyone and there are constraints for some but committing to a season ahead of a team and any results is surely something to be recognised? If we play c**p (and I truly hope and pray we don’t) I wouldnt ask for a rebate !

Samael

I was very very lucky to be able to get two of those jerseys. One for myself, and one for my (then) 6 month old son. Never been happier to have a matching jersey in my life.
If that is you in your avatar picture that is the jersey l was after. I wasn't aware that it was a ST exclusive but i'm guessing it is now. All l know is l liked it and it was rare. If those who make the decisions at the club want to start that sort of thing and divide the fans. So be it. I'll stop buying individual tickets and merch entirely and pay my gas bill annually instead.

JC23

If that is you in your avatar picture that is the jersey l was after. I wasn't aware that it was a ST exclusive but i'm guessing it is now. All l know is l liked it and it was rare. If those who make the decisions at the club want to start that sort of thing and divide the fans. So be it. I'll stop buying individual tickets and merch entirely and pay my gas bill annually instead.
The jersey in my avatar on here is the 30th anniversary one, that one wasn’t a ST only jersey, it was a raffle one I believe.

I’ve only ever bought one ST only jersey, and it was the black one from the 15/16 season, and I had Tyson Marsh on the back, as I figured it would be his very last season with us, which it turned out to be.

Samael

That red one is a thing of beauty, despite the sponsors on the arms. Look after it, I'm proper jealous although l understand the black one probably means more to you due to you and your son having one.

BostonBart22

The last time I was a season ticket holder the club was sponsored by BT. The last jersey I bought was the sponsor free one during the cancelled covid season. If this years one is another colour variant I wont care. If its a different design, like the 30th anniversary one with the 86 logo on the shoulders that was rare as rocking horse shit, I will be pissed off.

The main point here though is that of expectation and entitlement.

All you are ENTITLED to is the season ticket.

Certain people are starting to EXPECT more.

I don't know how else to spell this out.
I'm a season tkt holder for over 30 yrs , all I'm interested in is my guaranteed seat, a good team to watch, being with the fan base, and loads of wins,..anything on top of that is a bonus .

Earnie

With the whole team announced at the summit it has left us short of players to speculate about. Discussing Jerseys is not quite the same!

Samael

I'm a season tkt holder for over 30 yrs , all I'm interested in is my guaranteed seat, a good team to watch, being with the fan base, and loads of wins,..anything on top of that is a bonus .
Exactly this.

Anyway this was blown way off topic and l'm mostly to blame, apologies. Chalk it up to the muggy weather and a Devils drought. A few Joey Martin goals against Shuff will wind my neck in.

Devils86

Thread starter #113
For those not on Twitter and/or Instagram the Devils have given the following sneak peaks at the jersey designs - to be released Tuesday night at the STH event. 3C269DB9-1AE2-484F-89BB-FD45062EF25D.jpeg 75B4E9DA-C5F2-4F86-9126-D23773A98A7B.jpeg

Samael

Hopefully the grey one is the ST exclusive, l won't be bitching over that if it is lol

I'd like to see a return of the more 80s & early 90s style Jersey if I'm honest, stylized flames (sorry Guildford) on the hem and the original club logo on the shoulders please. That would look very sharp on a black Jersey with white flames.

Kevlar68

I designed a shirt and sent it to Todd. It was a legends shirt.... 2 years later they had an idea to do a legends shirt.... Hmmmm wonder where that came from :p
Their legends shirt wasn't the one I designed though. My one is my profile pic and that shirt has both logos, original devils logo on shoulders.

Samael

This one below, in black with the lawless logo as shoulder flashes and you are onto 100% win.

I know its the superleague era but we havent had anything this eyecatching in ages and now we are back on the silky screenprints I dont see why we cant have it again. Its all down to the imagination of the graphic designer who is knocking them out and they have been quite boring the last few years imo.

1660483137255.png