New D man signs....Name announced on Monday

wildthing74

If what I hear is true,the Sawyer mess could all be about to go away and he may be free to be back by December.
Even if Weller ends up staying a short while then it may end up being a stop gap for Justin???
I'm going to be happy we got him and not worry about what may or may not happen.We've dealt with players leaving before and will do in the future.
Hope lasts longer than Tony Fiore.He took one look ant WNIR and was back on a plane within the afternoon.And we thought we had a decent home then compared to now!

wildthing74

For sure we would.Would overnight solve any concerns we had.Andy having G back behind the bench would make us stronger too.For me when he did that last year and brought Romfo back we looked a far more organised team and gives us an advantage over teams with player coaches IMO.

ASHIPP

However long Craig is in the UK, his presence is going to be influential in so many ways - not least a massive confidence boost to the defence, experience that he can pass on to other players, huge publicity for the club, a message that the club is serious. I can see even more bums on seats (do I really want to visualise that!) and jersey sales.
British clubs 'showcase' quality players as a springboard into Europe - sounds to me like Craig is utilising the Devils for that purpose. Let's hope he and his family want a bit of stability for the moment (especially so near Christmas) at least in an English speaking country, free health care and an great accomodation, playing at a club with real character. Looking at the number of AHL moves he made last year, he may be satisfied with some stability and the chance to really help out a team.

wildthing74

I only just realised Maxi got drafted higher than Weller in 2000!Max went in the 3rd and Weller in the 5th.Strange how hockey works out sometimes.

wildthing74

Can't wait to see him at the weekend.Gives Penner and Lepine something to think about although I hope he doesn't take Penner's bait.Would be a massive trade down for us if they both got binned.

Wannabe2

Weller is too good a player to get involved with Penner, when penner asks him to go, as he undoubtebly will, Craig with his experience and pedigree will hopefully look at him and laugh, Weller has obviously come across a million Penners, players who are only on the team for one thing as thats all they have to offer. We can take the Panthers on Saturday, but have to stay out of the bin.

ASHIPP

Craig and his family are on their way! I knew the sun was shining for a good reason. :D
Hope they will love the city. Craig will have time to adjust and train before weekend games. Happy days.

wildthing74

Wannabe2 said:
Weller is too good a player to get involved with Penner, when penner asks him to go, as he undoubtebly will, Craig with his experience and pedigree will hopefully look at him and laugh, Weller has obviously come across a million Penners, players who are only on the team for one thing as thats all they have to offer. We can take the Panthers on Saturday, but have to stay out of the bin.
Easier said than done Glynne.Coming with a big rep he'll be under pressure to prove himslef early and a tool like Penner will no doubt go looking for it.
Over the season I'm sure he'll play cute hockey and know when the time is right but first game in that arena especially I would be amazed if he doesn't go with at least one of them.

This is a massive game for us and we need a huge defensive effort against the team who are arguably the biggest offensive threat in the league. Penner brings nothing to the panthers game and would be a pointless scuffle. That said, Weller spanking Lepine could be a good trade, Craig doesn't know the systems yet and may take time to adjust, Lepine seems to be a fairly influential player and taking him out for five may work in our favour. Points first though guys please.

Koop11

I can see there being a big crowd this Sunday. Let's hope Weller can find his feet early on and help bring home two points against Nottingham first and foremost.

A big welcome to the Weller's. I hope their time here, no matter how short, is an enjoyable one.