New D man signs....Name announced on Monday

Awesome signing! :eek:

Can't believe they managed it tbh... is it a uni deal or something?

Got to give the club credit for this signing!

E.D.S.

Gaz G said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1zaZe_qP4

Fair to say he can handle himself hahaha

The best clip ever. 2 clean hits and then a one punch TKO. The stuff dreams are made of.
Welcome to Wales Sir.

ASHIPP

WOW! :shock: What an incredible signing! This is more than most of us probably ever imagined would happen. The team are amongst royalty with this player.......as if the Devils don't have enough class already! ;) :cool: Can't wait to see him play - the place will be buzzing.
So impressed with the Club managing to recruit someone with so much experience - imagine what he will be able to demonstrate to the players and bring to the team. Does he have family in the UK? Is he using this as a springboard to Europe? He's going to be an instant hit with the fans.
Welcome to Cardiff Craig. Hope he can cope with the Big?Blue Tent :shock:

ASHIPP said:
I think it's the tent that convinces these guys to come. Can you imagine the conversations with his grandchildren, What did you do grandpa? Well kids, I played hockey on Wayne Gretzkys team and then one time I played in a blue plastic tent for Cardiff. How many players can say they have done both of those things? :lol:

voth26

it would be interesting to find out what the players think of this signing, in my opinon its a stroke of genuis by g and the management, it would be interesting to find out how we got craig here in the first place G must have some pretty amazing contacts to have sealed this one

Fantastic signing, and I can't wait to see him ruling the ice in our rink :)
Great work from everyone involved in getting him here.

Hopefully(!) this will be enough for everyone that questioned the intent?
I'm guessing this wasn't a deal put together overnight and has taken some time to finalise.

Is he here yet?

Ummm, wow! What an awesome signing, i was very disheartened when Sawyer left as i thought he was our best Dman and couldnt see us signing someone as good to replace him. How wrong i was, this guy looks shear quality, being a C of his AHL team also indicates he is a team guy so he should be giving his all every game. Would be great player for youngsters on the team to learn from and also hopefully the juniors if he can get on the ice with them too!

Stunning Job G and Franny, very impressed! Sorry, Sawyer who?? ha

drainage

Gingers Husband said:
ASHIPP said:
I think it's the tent that convinces these guys to come. Can you imagine the conversations with his grandchildren, What did you do grandpa? Well kids, I played hockey on Wayne Gretzkys team and then one time I played in a blue plastic tent for Cardiff. How many players can say they have done both of those things? :lol:
I think the story should be "I played in a GROTTY blue plastic tent in Cardiff !! " Some of the teams fans took quite some time and thought and maybe the expense of a reputable PR firm to rename the rink - its only fair we use it !! :lol: :lol:

Fair play this guy does look the business. Let's just hope he sticks around and doesn't jump ship mid season and put us back up the creek without a paddle, as Sawyer did.

rocketbob

I really hope Weller stays all season, but at least he has been up front and told us he may jump ship. That means that G and Franny can keep their eyes open for other guys should Weller get a better offer. Should be less out of the blue than Sawyers departure and be less disruptive if it does happen.

Rempel16

Well after being initially very excited about this signing, I will now hold off until I see him on the ice for the Devils. Personally I think he will get an offer elsewhere before he even gets here. I hope I'm wrong.

Koop11

Well if anyone has questioned the club’s ambition then think again. This is an incredible signing. Massive credit and thanks has to go to Paul and the team for financing this deal and great job Gerad and Franny for negotiating the contract. Gerad has asked for patience and it’s been worth the wait.

This is a true sign of our intent. This guy cannot come soon enough. His pedigree says it all. I’m buzzing. I can’t wait for him to pace up his stakes for the Devils.

Don’t know what else to say. Awesome!

Ger-Devils

Rempel16 said:
Well after being initially very excited about this signing, I will now hold off until I see him on the ice for the Devils. Personally I think he will get an offer elsewhere before he even gets here. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm wary of it but c'mon we can all enjoy seeing a player of his caliber in our team. It sends signals out to the arena teams that we mean business. Great business and will help our team in more ways than 1 he will.

rocketbob said:
I really hope Weller stays all season, but at least he has been up front and told us he may jump ship. That means that G and Franny can keep their eyes open for other guys should Weller get a better offer. Should be less out of the blue than Sawyers departure and be less disruptive if it does happen.
Where have you seen the comment about jumping ship? I am surprised they would have signed anyone who would advertise the fact they may not stick around

the video on walesonline said that Franny is aware that other better teams may want him and him and his agent have been very honest in the negotiations.

Gazza272

Thread starter #80
Seems Cardiff could tick all the boxes for Weller at this time.

New baby and he wants to try europe so lets see:

Free healthcare?
Same language so his wife can talk to someone should anything go wrong?
League with a proven track record of being a shop window for higher european leagues?
Take in the sights of the UK while he's here?

Think this season could tick all the boxes for him, he's only 29 and has millions in the bank. I'm sure a year on wages a little less glamarous wont be too much of a stretch for him. He also has time on his side to have a proper crack of europe later on.