Mini Bus anyone?

Thread starter #1
Hi guys
Im a relatively new follower of the cardiff devils (started watching at the start of last season). I live in the valleys of south wales and without a car i am finding it increacingly difficult to get to cardiff for my hockey fix.
What i was wondering was, does anybody ever organize a mini bus from any valley towns to the rink and back for a home game? If not, would anybody be interested in something like that?

I'm sure there must be someone willing to offer a lift??

I cant help you I'm afraid, I come from down west. Perhaps it could be worth asking the rink if you could put a notice up around the rink on a couple of match nights appealing for a lift? Not a great deal of attendees post/read on here.

osh

Clare said:
I'm sure there must be someone willing to offer a lift??

I cant help you I'm afraid, I come from down west. Perhaps it could be worth asking the rink if you could put a notice up around the rink on a couple of match nights appealing for a lift? Not a great deal of attendees post/read on here.

CardiffdevilsCaswell; perhaps if you say where exactly in the 'South Wales valleys' you are from, there may be someone who reads the forum willing to assist. Perhaps you could contact someone who puts the programme together may help you also. devils are great supporters and I feel sure someone will be able to help you.

Clare; Are you seriously suggesting that quote; ' Not a great deal of attendees post/read on here' ? unquote. So most people who post don't go to games, I can't accept that somehow.

There are nearly 900 Inferno members. I would imagine that there is a fair proportion who are visitors from other teams, but for you to suggest that not a lot of attendees post/read here is absolute nonsense imo. It makes a mockery of all the posts from members about games, are you suggesting that people comment on games without actually attending ?

Chris

Administrator
I think she meant it the other way to be honest...

There's probably only a core membership on here of maybe 25-50 who post regularly, sure there are almost 900 members but probably 1-200 have never posted more than 1 or 2 posts.

There's a lot of people who view the forums who aren't registered I guess, but the site certainly doesn't represent the views of the wider crowd or even attract/get noticed by them...

Therefore it may be an idea to ask if something could be posted down the rink, there's more people down there than view or post on here so there's nothing to lose.

Chris.

Oh Osh get off your soapbox you idiot. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS PLEASE

Yes, there are 900 members but only about 50 regular posters as Chris says. Approx 1500-200 people attend games.

As much as you might think the Inferno is the centre of your world, its not the centre of everyone elses! There are a lot of people who attend games who have never even heard of the Inferno.

TheStub

OSH: I would suggest that you have either miss read, or failed to understand Clare's post. Her point is the majority of fans do not post here - not that those who post here don't attend.

Of those 900, probably 50 or so post regularly. There are ~2000 in the rink... so if a minibus scheme were to work there is a better chance of advertising around the rink than simply around here.

Although, opinion here will be a good starting point.

I'm sensing deja vu!

Caswell - I do apologise!! Please, tell us where exactly you are from.

I wonder if The Inferno as an associate of the Devils could promote car sharing amongst forum members via the rinks notice boards??

Finny

I was going to suggest creating something on the Inferno where people can list where they come from - I think there is a Cardiff City FC website which does something similar. However, as has been already pointed out - not everybody reads the Inferno. Though I don't know why!!!

Perhaps this is something CDSL (or the Red Army as they are to be re-branded) could try and sort out - as I assume they will be having a desk at the rink on game nights?

Aye, go for it. I'm sure with the support of the club there could be something set up with people who dont read the forum, and also to try and encourage those who currently dont, to start reading!

Finny

This was the website I was thinking of:

http://www.cardiffcityexiles.com

Would it be useful for us to do something similar?

No idea how many 'exiles' we have - and whether they are in the South Wales area or around the UK. Obviously it could be used to help South Walians to get to home games and help those further away to group together for away games?

TheStub

I'm sure it's something we could look at setting up. I've often thought about coming from down West, and arranging some sort of transport.

It can see it being useful in the long run.

osh

Clare; I assure you I am not on any soapbox and am far from being an idiot as you suggest. Perhaps you are 'having a go' at me due to the fact that I commented on your use of hidden swear words in a number of posts eh ? Lets keep personal insults such as yours off the forum eh, I would assure you that I will politely reply to any pm you may wish to send though.

TheStub

osh said:
Clare; I assure you I am not on any soapbox and am far from being an idiot as you suggest. Perhaps you are 'having a go' at me due to the fact that I commented on your use of hidden swear words in a number of posts eh ? Lets keep personal insults such as yours off the forum eh, I would assure you that I will politely reply to any pm you may wish to send though.
I guess it is more for your insulting reply to her message.

For which there is no apology. Grow up - this is an internet forum

Osh I called you an idiot because you are an idiot. You didnt read my post properly. Simple as! I bear no grudges - unlike some.

I couldnt care less what you have complained about in the past. I think your complaint is that by the time you messaged the Mod, the post had already been changed ;)

Sheincar

If I remember rightly a few years ago there was a section on here or its predecessor where people could ask for or offer lifts. I think it just fizzled out in the end.

TheStub

Sheincar said:
If I remember rightly a few years ago there was a section on here or its predecessor where people could ask for or offer lifts. I think it just fizzled out in the end.
It's a shame.

I suppose, most people self arrange lifts. I know we normally we have almost a car full. Mind you, with my car that is 2 humans and 2 hamsters :lol:

Perhaps a raise of hands if you think it is of merit?

osh

Stub, my initial reply to Clare can hardly be labelled as insulting, I find being called an idiot far more insulting than anything I have posted about Clare. You obviously don't see it that way I wonder why? It make me wonder whether you two are in cahoots ? It certainly seems that way otherwise how would she have known I had pm'd a mod to complain of her language. Anyway, thats my input on this one, its run its course.

Good luck Caswell with your attempts to get transport sorted.

Well, I would. But I have a two seater sports car and with the other half in there, there aint really much room for anyone else! HA!