Meet the players evening....( £25 each to get in)

Here we go again :(

If you dont want to go dont go, if you want to go and pay £25.00 then go.

I personally dont see the attraction of meeting players but thats just me.

ASHIPP

Part of the point is being missed here. The press release states it's not only to promote the Devils' organisation but to do something for the DCF .i.e. a charity link and a good cause. Expect there will be a lot of sponsors and business people there too.
Fans have the choice if they want to pay (and contribute to the DCF)- the event offers many activities, of which meeting the team is only one.

If fans don't want to go and would prefer to meet the team at the usual get together later. No confusion. :D

Jones72

Sometimes I get the feeling that if the Devils announced they'll be "giving each fan attending home games £5 cash when they walk through the door...every game" then we'd still get posts on here saying "Why not £10?".

:roll:

Finny

If they are giving me £5 cash it better be a £5 note. I'm not carrying around loads of loose change all night.
It would be far easier if they did an online bank transfer instead. Then I wouldn't even have to drag myself to the stupid game and watch the stupid hockey.

Jones72 said:
Sometimes I get the feeling that if the Devils announced they'll be "giving each fan attending home games £5 cash when they walk through the door...every game" then we'd still get posts on here saying "Why not £10?".

:roll:
Thats how i feel :)

I donated my £15.00 from that awful away game in Nottingham last season to the DCF via Brent so i have done my bit :D

Jones72

Finny said:
If they are giving me £5 cash it better be a £5 note. I'm not carrying around loads of loose change all night.
It would be far easier if they did an online bank transfer instead. Then I wouldn't even have to drag myself to the stupid game and watch the stupid hockey.
Oh man...wait until they annouce that season ticket holders will be getting £5.50.

:cry:

DevilDom

James said:
If I miss a game I won't be able to pick up my free fiver. I'm in favour of the bank transfer.
But if the Devils gave me £5, would that be income I would in theory have to declare to the taxman and pay an extra £1 in tax (£2 if you are lucky enough to be a higher rate tax payer)? :lol: