Meet the players evening....( £25 each to get in)

Thread starter #2
:evil: :evil: :evil: What a joke. Dont they get enough money off us during the season. They will start pricing people out of the events.......

Finny

I believe this is a pre-season version of the End of Season Dinner Dance and I think they are hoping it will give the club a massive media boost just before the start of the season. Posh event with 3 course meals and speeches etc.

As with the Farwell to the players evening, I think they are hoping to have a more traditional night the following week.

So basically if you want to pay the £25 to meet the players a week in advance you can and help contribute to the DCF. Else you can go (for free?) a week later as usual.

With such an important event a week and a half before the season starts I would guess this means the players will all be in Cardiff well before the first league game (barring any unforseen events e.g. Volcano's).

Thread starter #4
i can understand it finny but its just another expense for the fans. I can see that there is an unofficial one the week after the pre season games but it wont be the same.

It's not an enforced expense though. The usual pre-season stuff is still being done, so if people don't want to pay they won't be worse off than previously.

Unless people are worried that all the players will meet other fans first and won't want to be their best friend

Chris

Administrator
I suspect because there's been no announcement about a free/cheap one, other than Finny mentioning it.

Maybe time to wait and see if the club actually says something about one first...

Release now on the Devils site and contains this line

"The Devils will also be hosting an informal event similar to seasons past in The Wharf pub"

So there you go.

D.A.

Finny

andydevils said:
i can understand it finny but its just another expense for the fans.
You don't have to go though. I get the feeling it will be a more a corporate event which they are inviting the fans to go to too. I've been told by ex-sponsors that in the Bob years and even since to a degree the sponsors weren't treated well enough to make them 'want' to return the following year.

I guess this will be part of the attempt to change that. I would guess quite a few prospective sponsors might also be invited in the hope that they can be wined and dined enough to decide to sponsor the club after all.

Apologies if this upsets anyone - but I always find it childish, embarrassing and quite cringeworthy that fans get upset if someone gets to meet a player before them. I think Bluedevil has put it quite well in their post above.

If you want to meet the player asap then you can - it will just cost you £25. If you don't want to pay £25 then meet them a week later. Or meet them at the airport when they first arrive in the country.... actually perhaps I shouldn't joke about that and give people ideas....

I dread to think of the reaction if we had a Season Ticket Holders Exclusive event the day before.......

Finny

Chris said:
I suspect because there's been no announcement about a free/cheap one, other than Finny mentioning it.

Maybe time to wait and see if the club actually says something about one first...
I thought it was mentioned on the video interview when they first moved to the wharf, and then also mentioned something additional to start the season with a bang?

Chris

Administrator
Ah perhaps, I haven't watched many of the videos so chances are i'm wrong.
I dread to think of the reaction if we had a Season Ticket Holders Exclusive event the day before.......
I'm not sure you should even joke about that, heaven forbid that the people who put money into the club during the off-season which allows the club to run over the summer, sign players and do whatever else get to do things days/hours/minutes before others...

That's enough time for a mental breakdown I do believe.

Chris.

Thread starter #15
omg guys. Just reading all the responses. I probably should hold my hand up now as i did NOT read the first one properly.

I would not pay to meet the Devils or corporate event(whatever it is).

I will wait for the following week. It just seems better preperation is being made this year lol as last year was a bit rush and not all the players were there and things like that.

Have we got a professional club at last.

Finny

andydevils said:
omg guys. Just reading all the responses. I probably should hold my hand up now as i did NOT read the first one properly.

I would not pay to meet the Devils or corporate event(whatever it is).

I will wait for the following week. It just seems better preperation is being made this year lol as last year was a bit rush and not all the players were there and things like that.

Have we got a professional club at last.
It certaintly seems so. The sponsors are happy and the club get some important money for the DCF - whilst the rest of the fans can meet with the players in a more relaxed atmosphere for free a couple of days later.
Hopefully this will make everyone happy.

Wannabe2

Think this is a good idea, as it will help DCF and give something back to the corporates, as long as the club totally makes sure that there is a meet the players later on for the kids, and older kids like me and for the fans in general, then that will be fine, then hopefully everyone wins.

No one would be forced to fill a gift aid form, if the person doesn't pay tax they would be inelligible anyway!

I'd like to think if at all possible gift aid would be claimed by DCF.