max banned

toy_car_uk said:
jester said:
It would appear Matheson is out indefinitely with concussion can't remember the hit or what happened afterwards.
Wonder if MB new about this before his tweet? Wonder how classy he feels at the moment :|
What about the hit that took Max out for most of last season, should players have been banned for that?
What about the hit that ended Voth season early?, Should players have been banned for that?

What about the rest of the giants team, not one of them reacted to the hit by max? Was it because the hit was ok, or was it that they don't play as a team and don't care?

No official made a call on the night, why do you think that was?
it convenient to say he does not know what happened, but plenty saw the hit and a few pointed out on the night that Matheson's head bounced off the ice.

If you want to talk about classless, look at the giants team and coach.
Max has far more class than Christensen ever will. As for the team just look at there behaviour at the end of the game. Despite being call over the PA many times to remain on the ice for the stars of the match skated off.

The Giants have taken another tittle, 'worst moaners in the league'
Lol your funny see my post on previous page if you didn't ask for those incidents to be reviewed what do you expect to happen?
According to MNL Keefe skated over to go with MB but he skated off?
Worst moaners in the League lol, that is actually held by a certain set of fans " looks around to check he's in the right place" yep thems the ones

DevilDom

jester said:
DD it does because MB tweeted about classy directed to the @belfastgiants.

FWIW Keefe tweeted about this after the game the giants were told there was no man of the match they weren't told about the 3 stars system.
Whinging to the league? two players have been cited by DC IIRC TH and MB, both Devils players which is obviously the problem if they had been other teams players would you be worried?
CN cited DD last week because it was not upheld I don't see to many people slamming him.

There is a system in place to be used if a coach feels a hit is worthy of review, if the Devils choose not to use it that is their problem.
The giants plyaers were told numerous times about the 3 stars. I even leaned over the balcony and spoke to Graham Walton to tell him about and was given a mouthful back for my trouble. I actually wanted the Giants to be rightly awarded for a very good display.

If you are classing DC in the same bracket as CN then thats says it all really. Max is an honest hard hitting player. There was no intent to injure and IMO there was no need for DC to ask for the review. I don't like the review system as it stands. It should not be up to opposition coaches to cite players. The decent coaches in the league don't use it they just go with the refs decision on the night or if the league decide to independently.

It seems a few ex players have the similar thoughts on DC too - the coach who defended his players hitting a ref.

jester said:
Lol your funny see my post above if you didn't ask for those incidents to be reviewed what do you expect to happen?
Worst moaners in the League lol, that is actually held by a certain set of fans " looks around to check he's in the right place" yep thems the ones
ignoring the points being made and trying to belittle the person making the point says it all really.

Injuries happen, the Devils play hockey a contact sport and if they are not happy about something they sort it out on the ice. The Giants have become a bunch of moaning prima donnas this is not football.

toy_car_uk said:
jester said:
Lol your funny see my post above if you didn't ask for those incidents to be reviewed what do you expect to happen?
ignoring the points being made and trying to belittle the person making the point says it all really.

Injuries happen, the Devils play hockey a contact sport and if they are not happy about something they sort it out on the ice. The Giants have become a bunch of moaning prima donnas this is not football.
No I did address the points you didn't, belittle where? if you raise another point I will be happy to debate it.

DevilDom said:
jester said:

FWIW Keefe tweeted about this after the game the giants were told there was no man of the match they weren't told about the 3 stars system.
Whinging to the league? two players have been cited by DC IIRC TH and MB, both Devils players which is obviously the problem if they had been other teams players would you be worried?
CN cited DD last week because it was not upheld I don't see to many people slamming him.

There is a system in place to be used if a coach feels a hit is worthy of review, if the Devils choose not to use it that is their problem.
The giants plyaers were told numerous times about the 3 stars. I even leaned over the balcony and spoke to Graham Walton to tell him about and was given a mouthful back for my trouble. I actually wanted the Giants to be rightly awarded for a very good display.

If you are classing DC in the same bracket as CN then thats says it all really. Max is an honest hard hitting player. There was no intent to injure and IMO there was no need for DC to ask for the review. I don't like the review system as it stands. It should not be up to opposition coaches to cite players. The decent coaches in the league don't use it they just go with the refs decision on the night or if the league decide to independently.

It seems a few ex players have the similar thoughts on DC too - the coach who defended his players hitting a ref.
Obviously there was confusion regarding the 3 stars idea as the Giants were told to leave the ice when it happened in Sheffield, and I'm not knocking you but a fan leaning over to tell you about awards is hardly gospel is it.( apologies if your part of the staff)

Name a decent coach in the EIHL era who hasn't asked for a review? By ex players I assume you referring to Voth. That's hardly a surprise is it?

DevilDom

jester said:
Name a decent coach in the EIHL era who hasn't asked for a review? By ex players I assume you referring to Voth. That's hardly a surprise is it?
I think you misunderstand my meaning of "decent". I don't necessarily mean someone who has won a trophy with a big budget. I mean coaches who want to see the game played in the right way and don't feel the need to be bitter if a player of there's gets hit hard. Voth was obviously one but there was another comment I've seen.

Anyway, you will obviously defend your coach and team to the hilt. I just don't like the systems and don't like opposition coaches using it end of. If the ref decides something should be reviewed then so be it but not the opposition trying to get some payback for a player getiing injured.

jester said:
No I did address the points you didn't, belittle where? if you raise another point I will be happy to debate it.
1) What about the rest of the giants team, not one of them reacted to the hit by max? Was it because the hit was ok, or was it that they don't play as a team and don't care?

2) No official made a call on the night, why do you think that was?

3) it convenient to say he does not know what happened, but plenty saw the hit and a few pointed out on the night that Matheson's head bounced off the ice.

4) As for the team just look at there behaviour at the end of the game. Despite being call over the PA many times to remain on the ice for the stars of the match ^the Giants^ skated off.

No comment or debate above points.
As for belittling the poster you opened with "Lol your funny"
You just seem to be trolling now, so I wont bother replying after this unless you start debating and not just bating.

DevilDom said:
jester said:
I think you misunderstand my meaning of "decent". I don't necessarily mean someone who has won a trophy with a big budget. I mean coaches who want to see the game played in the right way and don't feel the need to be bitter if a player of there's gets hit hard. Voth was obviously one but there was another comment I've seen.

Anyway, you will obviously defend your coach and team to the hilt. I just don't like the systems and don't like opposition coaches using it end of. If the ref decides something should be reviewed then so be it but not the opposition trying to get some payback for a player getiing injured.
So in reality you can't name a coach them?

But that is the whole point of the review system, on ice officials are not going to ask for reviews because that's admitting they missed something. the coach asks for a review what's the problem?
If after the review nothing is deemed wrong no punishment eg DD
If after review something is deemed wrong, punishment eg MB

It would be interesting to see if they still charge for a review from a coach if they do that means the coach needs to be very sure before asking for a review. (Proving CN is clueless)

toy_car_uk said:
jester said:
1) What about the rest of the giants team, not one of them reacted to the hit by max? Was it because the hit was ok, or was it that they don't play as a team and don't care?

2) No official made a call on the night, why do you think that was?

3) it convenient to say he does not know what happened, but plenty saw the hit and a few pointed out on the night that Matheson's head bounced off the ice.

4) As for the team just look at there behaviour at the end of the game. Despite being call over the PA many times to remain on the ice for the stars of the match ^the Giants^ skated off.

No comment or debate above points.
As for belittling the poster you opened with "Lol your funny"
You just seem to be trolling now, so I wont bother replying after this unless you start debating and not just bating.

It's not trolling when you have a different opinion see my debate with DD.

I think I covered most of your points in my post with DD but here goes

1. According to MNL Keefe tried to but MB skated away and Phillips was going mental on the bench
2. Because officials get calls wrong
3. Yes and ? It was reviewed he got hit in the head makes no odds that he then hit the ice.
4 already answered this one.

Finny

jester said:
Obviously there was confusion regarding the 3 stars idea as the Giants were told to leave the ice when it happened in Sheffield, and I'm not knocking you but a fan leaning over to tell you about awards is hardly gospel is it.( apologies if your part of the staff)
It was also announced over the PA. Several times.

Finny said:
jester said:
And one of the Devils officials went on to the ice to tell them to stay.
'We didn't know' just won't wash.
classless

Red Red Raz said:
Finny said:
jester said:
And one of the Devils officials went on to the ice to tell them to stay.
'We didn't know' just won't wash.
classless
Ha classless! priceless

One of your players checks one of ours to the head, giving him a serious concussion, one which maybe take weeks to recover from. Yet I don't see many people asking if he is ok. Instead we are classless for asking for a review.

Grow up. A lot of people on here are taking this too far, take the 3 game ban on the chin and move on. The league isn't out to get the Devils, nor are the Giants.

drainage

DevilDom said:
jester said:
It would appear Matheson is out indefinitely with concussion can't remember the hit or what happened afterwards.
Wonder if MB new about this before his tweet? Wonder how classy he feels at the moment :|
It doesn't change anything. Nobody wants players to get injured but it is still a contact sport at the moment and this unfortunately does happen.

The point is that since DC took over at the Giants he has IMO tarnished their reputation as probably the best run and respected club in the league with his whinging to the league. Thursday night was an example of that with the Giants players refusing to stay on the ice for the 3 stars awards and then the citing of Max. It seems DC is trying to make the Giants the new squeelers of the league.
We really need to get away from assuming every hit that is hard is a penalty!! It's a contact sport people get bounced about doesn't mean it's an illegal check !!

If we want to discuss classy then I suggest a look at the Giants and ther behaviour may be worth a look .... People in glass houses an all that !

I don't know if Maxies hit was fair or not not seen the footage and didnt see anythng at the game but think people need to stop calling for blood at every turn ....Ben got hurt so far not seen anyone wanting to sacrifice anyone for it!!

drainage

jester said:
DevilDom said:
jester said:

Wrong try someone north of Nottingham Voth isn't the answer to everything!

drainage

Ha :x classless! priceless

One of your players checks one of ours to the head, giving him a serious concussion, one which maybe take weeks to recover from. Yet I don't see many people asking if he is ok. Instead we are classless for asking for a review.

Grow up. A lot of people on here are taking this too far, take the 3 game ban on the chin and move on. The league isn't out to get the Devils, nor are the Giants.
Why would you expect people to ask how he is ? Equally has anyone wished him ill will ?? Anymore than we expected flowers and cards for Max last season ?? In case you missed it when logging on this is Devils forum ...... it is mostly posted on by people concerned with the Devils

Yes you didn't need to ask for review IMO but you did .... You got him out against Nottingham and Sheffield if that's how you want to win then carry on .... Just be careful what goes around comes around and I for one hope it does

And as for the complete ignorance in leaving ice despite being asked several times to stay .... Only excuse is if your fielding a team of hard of hearing ? No thought not

AMC

drainage said:
Yes you didn't need to ask for review IMO but you did .... You got him out against Nottingham and Sheffield if that's how you want to win then carry on .... Just be careful what goes around comes around and I for one hope it does
How does MB being out against Sheffield and Nottingham help Giants win? And are you saying you want Matheson to check MB to the head and concuss him so Devils can ask for a ban or whatever to even things up?

Earnie said:
JESTER - You are not going to win this debate. Give it up.
Unless someone comes up with some bona-fide proof that what the Giants did was wrong and against the rules, then I don't see how I'm going to lose?
You don't just debate to win its about expressing your point of view.

KaneDevils

You don't just debate to win its about expressing your point of view.
Can't argue with that. Trouble with some on here is if you express your view with more than one post then your deemed to be "going on" or "whinging".

This thread is starting to get a bit personal which is silly. The only ones to have a go at are the people in power. Consistency and fairness are paramount. If these two things are evident, then there shouldn't be an issue.

rocketbob

3 words "seven game ban".

DC is totally classless and has the Elite League disciplinary committee at the top of his speed-dial. He has a dirty team then whines about clean hits by other teams.