max banned

enforcer24 said:
This decision in my mind is a TOTAL AND UTTER JOKE. The refs and officials of the Elite league are wrecking the sport in this country. Before long it will be like Europe with no physicality at all and mark my words fans will do what they are slowly doing now and turn away for good. I for one being one of them. I love the Cardiff Devils and ice hockey full stop but its getting to a stage where I am sick to death with all the bull"""t from the league and officials. Its spoiling the sport. Unless it changes the game will die in the UK. People are sick to death with it !!!! :oops:

Ridiculous post other teams have had players banned, and aren't crying buckets. I take it you havent watched European hockey much it's far from non-contact and has far better attendances than the EIHL.

So how many fair hits have you seen already this season let alone over the years where a player is put in the bin for a clean check or in the case of this topic being banned for a fair hit? THATS my point. Whats the point in throwing fair hits if your going to be sin binned or banned for it???!?!?!??

Haven't seen the hit yet, is there footage of it?

If the league reviewed it and it was to the head then its a ban according to the rules. Checks to the head are very dangerous and are rightly punished at all levels of ice hockey, including the NHL, it dosen't matter if it was deliberate or not.

KaneDevils

Jester

The thing is mate, people get annoyed and disillusioned at the inconsistency. You may feel like some of us are "crying" or "whinging" as you elegantly put it, but we are passionate, paying fans who have a right to speak.

There have been far worse incidents that have gone unpunished. One player from team X gets a 5 game ban, another player from team Y gets a 3 game ban for the same incident. It tarnishes our league with the taste of unprofessionalism and people will soon get very tired of it.

osh

Very disappointed in the manner in which Max has been banned, however, after match citing is an avenue that is available for all teams to explore if they feel badly enough about an incident which they feel hasn't been dealt with properly by the match night officials. So, it would appear that all the officials missed the actual contact and no penalty was called. The guy was obviously caught and I have to say that myself and others around me thought it was a slightly high hit that Max got away with at the time ( I don't believe it was an intentional high hit or serious attempt to injure ) If they have decent camera footage, they make their decisions accordingly, lets accept it and move on.

DWD

enforcer24 said:
This decision in my mind is a TOTAL AND UTTER JOKE. The refs and officials of the Elite league are wrecking the sport in this country. Before long it will be like Europe with no physicality at all and mark my words fans will do what they are slowly doing now and turn away for good. I for one being one of them. I love the Cardiff Devils and ice hockey full stop but its getting to a stage where I am sick to death with all the bull"""t from the league and officials. Its spoiling the sport. Unless it changes the game will die in the UK. People are sick to death with it !!!! :oops:
Awww bless.

I take it you haven't watched much hockey in Europe then? I was at Eisbaren v DEG last week, more physical than any EIHL game I've watched in the last 5 years.

Quit yer yappin.

If Max's hit wasn't outside the rules... He wouldn't be banned. Simple as that.

KaneDevils

DWD

Your post is oiled with irony.

If Max's hit wasn't outside the rules... He wouldn't be banned. Simple as that.
i take it you don't watch much EIHL hockey? :lol:

What gets me, it was that bad a hit he's been banned for three games, but all THREE officials missed it. :lol:

osh

[quote="KaneDevils"

What gets me, it was that bad a hit he's been banned for three games, but all THREE officials missed it. :lol:[/quote]

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I assumed linesmen could only call an intent to injure penalty to the ref, so if they didn't think it that serious, no report to ref! You seem to forget that the opposition has every right to cite a player, Giants did so, were vindicated, yet you still whinge, and believe me you are deffo whinging. :lol: :lol:

Given the amount of reviews requested by teams already, would it not be a good idea for the league to introduce a system similar to tennis where each team can only request a maximum of 3 challenges/reviews a season or similar? If they're successful they then get both their money back and the challenge back.
Clearly unlikely to happen given that the league make more money out of the current system but seems a good way to stop teams requested reviews for the sake of it.

osh

KaneDevils said:
Really Osh? The resident "know-it-all" is bang wrong.

I think its the correct decision. ;)

Bit harsh on yourself there KaneDevils, yes you are a resident know it all, (but at least you've admitted you are bang wrong. ;)

Not many others trying to shoot me down for my honest opinions, just you as the resident know it all ! :lol:

Kipper

The three officials on the ice saw the hit and didn't think Max was at any fault. This decision was taken in Elite Towers wherever that is located these days

jimmy snels

Forgetting the obvious failures in the system, does no one think its strange that belfast would want us short benched against the steelers knowing its a minimum of 3games ban?? Good work ! And u wonder why people rip the p out the Irish :DWD

KaneDevils

osh said:
KaneDevils said:
Really Osh? The resident "know-it-all" is bang wrong.

I think its the correct decision. ;)

Bit harsh on yourself there KaneDevils, yes you are a resident know it all, (but at least you've admitted you are bang wrong. ;)

Not many others trying to shoot me down for my honest opinions, just you as the resident know it all ! :lol:
Eh? :?

i have merely pointed out the inconsistency with decisions carried out by the men in suits. I'm not too sure what your going on about? If you think I'm "whinging" read the other posts about Max' ban and also the Devils vs Caps thread to which we won.

So ...... all three officials saw the hit and didn't see it worthy of a 2 minute minor, yet it's reviewed and then deemed worthy of a 3 game ban. Sounds a bit weird don't it ? :lol:

osh

KaneDevils said:
So ...... all three officials saw the hit and didn't see it worthy of a 2 minute minor, yet it's reviewed and then deemed worthy of a 3 game ban. Sounds a bit weird don't it ? :lol:

Who has said all 3 officials saw the hit? Ok, let's assume they did, perhaps that tells us a little more about the standard of our officials ( which we all know is poor at best ). I haven't seen slow motion video of the incident, but surely G and Franny will have seen it and if it wasn't an illegal hit they would be appealing? Max is one of my favourite players on the team, I felt the hit was high at the time but in no way an attempt to injure.

It would appear Matheson is out indefinitely with concussion can't remember the hit or what happened afterwards.
Wonder if MB new about this before his tweet? Wonder how classy he feels at the moment :|

Kipper said:
The three officials on the ice saw the hit and didn't think Max was at any fault. This decision was taken in Elite Towers wherever that is located these days
Here you are m8 -

Elite League disciplinary panel
Motorpoint Arena,
Broughton Lane,
Sheffield
S9 2DF

DevilDom

jester said:
It would appear Matheson is out indefinitely with concussion can't remember the hit or what happened afterwards.
Wonder if MB new about this before his tweet? Wonder how classy he feels at the moment :|
It doesn't change anything. Nobody wants players to get injured but it is still a contact sport at the moment and this unfortunately does happen.

The point is that since DC took over at the Giants he has IMO tarnished their reputation as probably the best run and respected club in the league with his whinging to the league. Thursday night was an example of that with the Giants players refusing to stay on the ice for the 3 stars awards and then the citing of Max. It seems DC is trying to make the Giants the new squeelers of the league.

DD it does because MB tweeted about classy directed to the @belfastgiants.

FWIW Keefe tweeted about this after the game the giants were told there was no man of the match they weren't told about the 3 stars system.
Whinging to the league? two players have been cited by DC IIRC TH and MB, both Devils players which is obviously the problem if they had been other teams players would you be worried?
CN cited DD last week because it was not upheld I don't see to many people slamming him.

There is a system in place to be used if a coach feels a hit is worthy of review, if the Devils choose not to use it that is their problem.

jester said:
What about the hit that took Max out for most of last season, should players have been banned for that?
What about the hit that ended Voth season early?, Should players have been banned for that?

What about the rest of the giants team, not one of them reacted to the hit by max? Was it because the hit was ok, or was it that they don't play as a team and don't care?

No official made a call on the night, why do you think that was?
it convenient to say he does not know what happened, but plenty saw the hit and a few pointed out on the night that Matheson's head bounced off the ice.

If you want to talk about classless, look at the giants team and coach.
Max has far more class than Christensen ever will. As for the team just look at there behaviour at the end of the game. Despite being call over the PA many times to remain on the ice for the stars of the match skated off.

The Giants have taken another tittle, 'worst moaners in the league'