max banned

davew

if not appealed, we are surely out of the CC

The crowds for the remaining CC games, will be enivatablly lower as PR failed to give STH the mini package for the group games :DWD .....

This is ridiculous,how come nothing came of the limpright slash to the head on Olson , oh yes that s right it's the steelers. WHAT IS THE FING POINT !!!!!!

DevilDom

Getting really peed off with this. If it were possible DC would go further down in my estimation.

When are we going to start playing the same game and get incidents reviewed? I'm sick of us being the nice guys and getting pooped on.

The stick to Ben's face by lloyd springs to mind.

Skippy

So any team can call for a review now no matter what was called on the night ?

Looks like we are heading for no contact hockey if that's the case..

skippy said:

Sure that's the same in rugby, if anything it's made it more physical, and done away with the cheap shots.

Gazza272

jester said:
skippy said:

Sure that's the same in rugby, if anything it's made it more physical, and done away with the cheap shots.

As said ad neuseum though a check to the head isnt always a cheap shot. In fact the majority of the time it isnt. And the onus is on both players to avoid it.

Max may as well not hit anymore this year.

Remember when hockey used to be interesting because thigns happened on the ice and not in the boardroom? :x

Sure that's the same in rugby, if anything it's made it more physical, and done away with the cheap shots

major difference between rugby and this farce is that the citing is done by an official citing officer who is independent of both teams and countries.

The way this is going in ice hockey is if a coach wants cite he can as long as he pays his money. More cash more cites. Big game tomorrow and player you dont want to play against you does something cite him.

Yes the league has to vaildate it but they have no record of any consistency or fairness that is the problem with the system it is initiated by the team not an official and will always be seen as sour grapes even if you win

Officials should reccomend any issue they are unsure of in their match report NOT to be undermined by Coaches and head of discipline days later

Sport will never move on under these conditions and welcome to european hockey no hitting just play the puck, goodbye crowds and then doug / cory/ finnerty et al can go back to N america leaving the mess here complaing of the bush league they created

hope the hockey is hard and fair over the next couple of weeks rather than hearing of coaches whinging and bleating

I've been looking at the game sheet for Thursday's game and it shows that Max had no penalties. Was their no penalty called or has it been temporarily removed from the sheet?

I'm not totally convinced asking for a review of something that was not originally called is very fair.

This is getting a bit of a joke now.

The refs decision on Ice should be the final decision. By allowing teams to report an incident after the ref has made a decision is basically saying the ref dosent know what he was doing at the time and got the call wrong also if they are allowing teams to report incidents surely teams should be allowed to report and get disallowed goals reviewed as well.

The problem with allowing clubs to report and get a review is that the league relies on club videos. If they dont have video evidence of the incident and the ref missed it this means that the incident didn't happen.

Let the refs control the game and let them make decision on the incident on the night. If you replay the game in slow motion you are always going to find/uncover incidents that the ref missed.

Im just hoping that if you can get an incident reviewed and get players banned easily this season that the league will allow teams to get disallowed goals to be reviewed as they are just as important than a player ban.

DevilDom

Am I right in saying it costs something like £250 to have an incident reviewed but if successful this is refunded?

If this is the case the league are basically saying the big clubs who can afford it can get incidents reviewed but the smaller clubs who can't risk losing the money can't. Seems like a very unfair system to me.

Earnie

Right in front of me at end of Thursday's game every Belfast player shook the hand of Hicks and were all smiles and grinning knowing they had got away with a lot thanks to him. I think only three Devils players shook his hand.

The hit was not even deemed a minor penalty at the time!!

Guess Christianson is still sore because we dumped them out of the Playoff Final last year.We have not forgotten he was the cause of Tyler Michel's six game ban which subsequently cost us the league.

Sad way to go about things really.

Skippy

From Twitter

" Not surprised with @officialEIHL decision but very disappointed with @BelfastGiants Trying to suspend player for honest,hard hit #classless -- Max Birbraer (@Birbraer23)"

If this is the road this league is going down I for one will not be renewing my season tickets next season. I like many fans enjoy watching the Devils for their fast physical brand of hockey and if you take this away you take away the enjoyment of the sport in this country!.
I agree that any dangerous hits should be disiplined, but Max's hit was hard and fair. I always judge it by the opposiing teams reaction after the incident and to be honest I didn't see a frenzy of Belfast players jumping Max.
The incompetence of the people running this league is a farce!
If we see the sport becoming a non contact sport in this country we might as well all pack up and go home and watch the crowds diminish rapidly!
Rant over!!

voth26

didnt lloyd catch ben in the face? ben didnt ice in the last period i think, also i counted at least 3 elbows to the head/face area that lloyd threw and conveinently hicks who was 4/5 feet away missed every single one of them. thought belfast were a classer outfit than that clearly not. all this will do is create a tit for tat scenario, if its a serious hit i'm all for bans to every teams player who commits the offence, but it cant have been that bad because you can sure as hell hicks would have called it, also i thought matheson went off with a leg injury when a devils player got called for kneeing or i have got the wrong player!!!!

Think the Referees need to be held accountable too for their actions..

If this was such a dangerous hit that Hicks missed and has been deemed worthy of a ban then surely it shows the incompetence of the referees..

Pull up the referees too... oh wait not enough of them to do do that...

This decision in my mind is a TOTAL AND UTTER JOKE. The refs and officials of the Elite league are wrecking the sport in this country. Before long it will be like Europe with no physicality at all and mark my words fans will do what they are slowly doing now and turn away for good. I for one being one of them. I love the Cardiff Devils and ice hockey full stop but its getting to a stage where I am sick to death with all the bull"""t from the league and officials. Its spoiling the sport. Unless it changes the game will die in the UK. People are sick to death with it !!!! :oops: