Manchester Storm v Cardiff Devils 28th August

Devil94

Reid Martin Waller was the 1st line all game, and the rest changed throughout the game. I wonder if that's a long term plan, if it is it gives us so much scoring depth. I'm a huge Crandall fan and I think he will create as much chances as Martin, so maybe splitting them up is the way to go.
That meant we had the likes of Sanford and Penny playing on the 3rd line, and that's even with Coughler to come back in.
The call on Duggan was correct. New refs tonight I think? Didn't catch their names but I thought they had a good game in what was a physical affair.

matbur

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but these seemed to be tonight's lines:

Reid Martin Waller
Cox Penny Crandall
Sanford Brittain Brandt
Harewood Davies Duggan

Jardine Crawford
Thompson Richardson
Batch Louis
Kelly

Devil94

I'm not against changing the goal song itself as I think it did need updating, but I'm struggling to find a good reason why to pick that one though.

BostonBart22

From where I was sat and others agreed around me it was a hit to the head think thats why Ginn had the 2 refs over to the bench b4 the srart of the period the storm player was well out of it probably concussed, but thankfully dops won't get involved as it's not a lge game

august04 2.0

It was a strange game last night. I was quite impressed with Manchester for the first half of the game but then they fell apart. Not sure if it was because they lost their legs or that the Devils upped the tempo. Nice to see some goals and get the win and I think we will see much more of an even split in goaltending duties this year. Regarding the Duggan call, why wasn’t he ejected from the game with that 5 minute boarding call? If it’s a 5 minute major, it should be a 5 + Game and out he goes. Some sort of pre season hybrid call?!

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Looked good last night and didn't seem to have gone through all the gears.
You have to tinker with lines during these pre-season games there is no way you can say these are the lines and that's it, end of story, you have to find your best combinations.
With a strong attacking line that keeps teams on the back foot you can have a slightly weaker defence, when the attack is weaker you need a stronger defence. etc etc so to have these pre season games is great to work out that perfect balance.
I'm not getting carried away just yet though, once season starts and results start rolling in then we can judge where we are but i would say we look in good shape once we have a fully fit roster.

lloyd_jeff

It’s really good to watch a goal fest when your on the winning side, just as last week though, it’s not a true reflection on what is to come. Great confidence boost though.