Lord Andrew signs for Devils

Can't understand why people feel the need to find a negative comment to make. Lord help us!

Anyway, I am sure Paul is already searching iTunes for every song with 'Lord' in the title!!

James

Administrator
I can't see the problem with expressing an opinion on the forum. If the player is sensitive enough to take criticism, from people who haven't seen them play yet, to heart, then they are probably in the wrong job anyway. At the very least I'd hope it'd inspire them to prove the doubters wrong :D

voth26

Baz-lar said:
Can't understand why people feel the need to find a negative comment to make. Lord help us!

Anyway, I am sure Paul is already searching iTunes for every song with 'Lord' in the title!!
what about when he scores paul could use "my sweet lord", i'll get my coat

voth26

James said:
I can't see the problem with expressing an opinion on the forum. If the player is sensitive enough to take criticism, from people who haven't seen them play yet, to heart, then they are probably in the wrong job anyway. At the very least I'd hope it'd inspire them to prove the doubters wrong :D
But surely thats the point how can you criticise a player you havent seen play yet, G and franny have both stated he will drop the gloves BUT he isnt going to be the main enforcer as per some of the negative posts regarding his fighting abililites?, lets give the guy a chance to get on the ice an show what he capable of before he slated. welcome to cardiff mr lord

James

Administrator
voth26 said:
But surely thats the point how can you criticise a player you havent seen play yet
Opinions can be formed from stats and YouTube. It doesn't make them right or wrong, it makes them opinions. Personally I think he looks a good signing, yet I say this without having seen him play.

And I actually commented that as a player he seems a good addition.

Would you rather I said about his fighting "he's in the same mould as mike ware or mike McWilliam or even brad voth"?

Seems ridiculous that you can comment about him being a good player (which I also did) , but not about his fighting ability? Makes no sense!

Seems to be of the same mould as Tylor. Hits scores and can drop the gloves, though he is clearly a better fighter than Tylor.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

drainage

paulsasha said:
Why can't certain fans keep their negative words to them selves and leave the signing and searching of new players to G and franny would you want to sign for a team if already fans are saying negative things about you
Welcome Andrew To the Devils team I'm sure you will be a fans favourite and a big hit at the club :Banana
Agreed a YouTube clip and a season judged!!! We really don't help ourselves sometimes! A radical thought but shall we wait and see what he plays like for us..... It's a bit out there and left field but let's give it a go!!

Welcome your lordship!

jimmy snels

Ahl experience, scores, hits and willing to get stuck in. Sounds like a deeds type character. Not a main enforcer but willing to look after mac n blight on their line perhaps? Im happy to see the signings so far and happy to have andy sign.
Lord knows what song he's going to have sung from the blocks mind :lol:

Skippy

jimmy snels said:
Ahl experience, scores, hits and willing to get stuck in. Sounds like a deeds type character. Not a main enforcer but willing to look after mac n blight on their line perhaps? Im happy to see the signings so far and happy to have andy sign.

Spot on.

Great signing from the look of it

Baz-lar said:
Lord of This World by Black Sabbath.

Quite a rate they're coming at us this off season, sterling work lads. Just 4 months until the season starts!

Ger-Devils

Few words from Adam Keefe on the signing

"From what I remember, he will be a good signing for you guys. Tough, plays hard and can play the game as well"

voth26

James said:
voth26 said:
But surely thats the point how can you criticise a player you havent seen play yet
Opinions can be formed from stats and YouTube. It doesn't make them right or wrong, it makes them opinions. Personally I think he looks a good signing, yet I say this without having seen him play.
And thats why i put in my post about him getting on the ice and showing us what he or cant do, the other point to my post was when we have new signings for some reason there is always some negative comments, i can never really understand the reasons why. i would assume G and franny wouldnt sign a bad player granted you dont know until they play but they do enough research on the players they sign so them i trust.

Skippy

Ger-Devils said:
Few words from Adam Keefe on the signing

"From what I remember, he will be a good signing for you guys. Tough, plays hard and can play the game as well"

Oddly more than stats and you tube I'm way happy with the signing with Keefe saying that

Rempel16

jimmy snels said:
I initially thought Mac and Blight line when seeing the signing, but the article suggests he will be a right winger, which is also Blight's position, so i'd guess he is going to start on the 2nd line.

What with rumours etc being thrown about I wonder whether we will look like this on the forwards:

Import Faulkner Blight?
Birbraer? Macrae? Lord
Hill? Myers? Davies?
Quiney Piggott Jones

I have put the 3rd line together for the benefit of this but the 2nd and 3rd could quite easily be juggled about for the right combination.

I'd imagine that if we were to sign Hill, Myers and Davies as well as Richardson and Batch our Brit pack would be pretty expensive, so the final import wouldn't be a stud player imo.... Perhaps another version of Lord, slightly tougher? A player in the Erick Lizon mould would be ideal.

James said:
voth26 said:
I doubt G and Franny have seen him play live so the same way they can sign a player based on video clips, stats and others opinions I'm sure the fans are entitled to form their own opinions also.