Latest rink update

Electro

Likely be on a Thursday lunchtime.

There will be a curling events that month on the public pad & under 11's, 12's & 16 regional final ice dance pagents on the Arena pad.

It's actually on a Sunday.

Devil94 said:
So around 1500 tickets for each team. How many season tickets have we got? If we get through, won't be many on general sale.
With only 1500 tickets available per team I can't see that they can possibly do a deal for the season ticket holders first as there will practically be no seats on general sale.

Bar area is better. Now also a coffee shop. Attended a Childrens Birthday Party there on sunday impressed with the way IAW handled the party requests. Rachel 18th is there this thursday so checked out the bar area. All very accommodating, looks good.

Let's hope IAW puts on better security at the next event.

I'm surprised there wasn't a better police presence considering the current threat from ISIS. Boxing in the past has tended to attract service personnel, the proximity of the IAW to the Special Forces Support Group HQ at RAF St Athan l would have expected better.

Earnie

Electro said:

I'm surprised there wasn't a better police presence considering the current threat from ISIS. Boxing in the past has tended to attract service personnel, the proximity of the IAW to the Special Forces Support Group HQ at RAF St Athan l would have expected better.

Seriously out of order comment to make. I hope mods will remove it.

Why is that out of order.

The article was critical of the security staff compared to other venues.

It's public knowledge. Google RAF St Athan it was also all over the media in 2006 when they moved in.

It's public knowledge that military personnel are potential targets and as such measure are or should be considered for their protection.

KaneDevils

Earnie said:
Electro said:

What on earth? :?

Ocko

Ridiculous comment and that's from a serving member of the Armed Forces. I'm based in Portsmouth you don't see police lining the streets outside of the base. Unless there is a specific military event with very specific advertising of a military presence there will never be extra security nor a need for any. you can't expect extra police just because soldiers are known to attend an event. You do realise SFSG aren't special forces right? They're and infantry support unit for SF and just regular soldiers, albeit usually Paras, they don't require special treatment like the SAS or SBS.

I stated a "better police presence", the response to 100 + people fighting at an indoor event was criticised in the report.

You kinda read 2+2 and made your own answer.

Earnie

The point I am trying to make is that we live in a troubled world as they well know in France. Comments relating to whereabouts or movements of our security forces, armed forces and even police should not be discussed on a public forum.

Ocko

Electro said:
I stated a "better police presence", the response to 100 + people fighting at an indoor event was criticised in the report.

You kinda read 2+2 and made your own answer.
Yeah I get that and dont dispute the security relations in response to the fighting. But the fact there might've been armed forces personnel there is irrelevant. Bringing a handful of soldiers into the argument is a bit pointless.

Mooney#16

Electro you have to be the most educated person I've ever had the fortune to interact with. Your in depth knowledge on such a broad spectrum of subjects is truly inspiring as to the capabilities of the human brain and your presentation style of these fact based opinions is wonderful to observe. Don't go changing.

Devil_Abroad

Mooney#16 said:
Electro you have to be the most educated person I've ever had the fortune to interact with. Your in depth knowledge on such a broad spectrum of subjects is truly inspiring as to the capabilities of the human brain and your presentation style of these fact based opinions is wonderful to observe. Don't go changing.
Hey!!! What about me??!!!! :O :(

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Earnie said:
Electro said:

dont take the bait, he is a joke of a human being, total plank.

There has not been a blackout within the media of public events that may contain military personnel.

The media reported recently on the 75th anniversary of the SAS in Hereford attended by 5,000 ex members and the Royal Family.

Again my reaction was in response of the criticism laid towards the security staff at the IAW compared to other venues and the low number of officers sent to deal with the problem.

It's venues that pose a soft target that potentially have the most risk, you don't need to be 007 or a genius to watch the news, especially when the French authorities admitted there stretched and did not police Nice correctly.

Devil_Abroad

I think you'll find no country can police everything in that way which is why the British authorities prefer intelligence led policing.

This possibly should have been dealt with better by IAW either through vetting fans coming in - already drunk then no entry - and once in ensuring that no-one drinks too much inside. Where they see fans have then get the stewards to turf them out before incidents get out of hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk