Latest rink update

Did they ever say they were looking at buying the rink? I know they had talks when the building stopped and I understand that was because the sale of properties had not met expectations. Maybe they were just going to buy some of the property to get sales back on track. Maybe use them to house players and when they decide to sell the Devils, they could just sell them and maybe get a return on their money.

pjj365

I'm bored with no hockey so dreaming. Never mind the when of opening what about the how? An expensive ( for the owners) thought - how about a game against the Flames - OK I'll get my cote

The new pics look great Chris. I think ive been checking the IAW website about twice a day for the last 2 months and then we get about 15 new photos in one go. This arena is going to be awesome when its finished. The atmosphere on the first game night is going to be unreal!!

Had a site visit today and was told work was on target and there is a lot more going on every time I go in. It is now that I can appreciate where all the money has gone in to the project. The effort and commitment by Greenbank and Chris of Ice Arena Wales is now very evident and as many of the things on the user groups wish lists as possible have been included in the development

They are really cracking on with it, underfloor heating has been installed in some of the changing rooms and now had top coat of screed as have other areas. There are works going on in all areas and it is pleasing to see it all come together after such a long period of campaigning and planning

After the false starts of , Sophia Gardens, Skydome 2 and of course Paul Ragan's failed tender it is great that Greenbank have put their money in to this facility, they may have had a little delay but they were actually the only developer to even break ground and we are now well on our way to the new facility which will be great for the ice users of Cardiff

I have been lucky enough to have had a tour of the Devils new home this morning thanks to Chris Hartry. Wow, if you haven't been fortunate to have not been inside...your in for a shock!!!!

It is enormous, but at the same time the ice does not seem far away as the steepish rake to the seating. It will be smaller than Nottingham, however it WILL be the envy of the league!

I have created a facebook page to share with you my photos and vids. Hope you like them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cardiff- ... 118?__nodl

Paul

zoesdevil

Devil May Care said:
I have been lucky enough to have had a tour of the Devils new home this morning thanks to Chris Hartry. Wow, if you haven't been fortunate to have not been inside...your in for a shock!!!!

It is enormous, but at the same time the ice does not seem far away as the steepish rake to the seating. It will be smaller than Nottingham, however it WILL be the envy of the league!

I have created a facebook page to share with you my photos and vids. Hope you like them.

Paul
How do I go about this please, can anyone go on a tour? Also how would I contact Chris to organise this? Cheers

mazza03

zoesdevil said:
Devil May Care said:

Paul
How do I go about this please, can anyone go on a tour? Also how would I contact Chris to organise this? Cheers
PM Chris Hartey on here,I'm inpressed with the ammount of work done since I was last there. :Banana