Latest rink update

Foxy

Wannabe2 said:
Ah the famous clock that is now in Fife I believe, Bob sold that a bit rapid.
Fife had the plexi. Caps had the clock if I remember correctly. Sure the same bulbs weren't working when I did a trip up to Scotland lol

The beams in the BBT are 7m above the ice, the beams in IAW are 9.3m above the ice the score board is 4m w x 2.4m h theres plenty of room.
Its just an optical illusion i'm afraid.
Hopefully when i get the drone video back (which shouldn't be to long) it will give you a better perspective.

mazza03

I must admit that when I went to see the new rink I didn't think the beams were too low but as I suffer from vertigo looking up/down is dodgy for me :lol:

d20

Think the new video screens will be able to create another type of atmosphere in the rink with what todd and the crew will be able to do,I would imagine it will be very similar style to nhl games etc

Gaz G

Just got back from taking the kids swimming. It's the 1st time i've seen the new place for months. It looks absolutely brilliant. I can't wait to get in there and have a look around.

Ocko

New rink is completely concrete and both the BBT and WNIR are sand. Sand is awful and makes for horrible soft ice. There aren't many modern rinks using sand anymore.