Latest rink update

zoesdevil

mazza03 said:
zoesdevil said:
Devil May Care said:
I have been lucky enough to have had a tour of the Devils new home this morning thanks to Chris Hartry. Wow, if you haven't been fortunate to have not been inside...your in for a shock!!!!

It is enormous, but at the same time the ice does not seem far away as the steepish rake to the seating. It will be smaller than Nottingham, however it WILL be the envy of the league!

I have created a facebook page to share with you my photos and vids. Hope you like them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cardiff- ... 118?__nodl

Paul
How do I go about this please, can anyone go on a tour? Also how would I contact Chris to organise this? Cheers
PM Chris Hartey on here,I'm inpressed with the ammount of work done since I was last there. :Banana
Ok cheers pal, thanks for that, I'll try & get hold of him to sort it out!!

Finny

Devil May Care said:
I have been lucky enough to have had a tour of the Devils new home this morning thanks to Chris Hartry. Wow, if you haven't been fortunate to have not been inside...your in for a shock!!!!

It is enormous, but at the same time the ice does not seem far away as the steepish rake to the seating. It will be smaller than Nottingham, however it WILL be the envy of the league!

I have created a facebook page to share with you my photos and vids. Hope you like them.

Paul
Some fab photos in there. Thanks for sharing.

zoesdevil said:
Devil May Care said:

Paul
How do I go about this please, can anyone go on a tour? Also how would I contact Chris to organise this? Cheers
Think it could be the last as Chris has just finished puting together a drone video of a spectacular fly over of the BBT and the new arena and fly throughs of the arena itself. Will be ready next week to view.

Finny said:
Devil May Care said:

Paul
Some fab photos in there. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks and you are all very welcome!! :D

Hey, were all Devils and not everybody has the chance to take a look inside, so its good to give as many pics and vids to wet peoples Appetite's!

I can't wait to get in there and enjoy our new home together. We are going to kick ass this season!!!

Looks amazing - can't wait for it to open.

My only question to those that have been inside - from the photo's, the metal beams that run over the main rink look quite low (maybe because we're used to the 'wooden arches' in the BBT). Is this the impression you get when inside? Maybe it's because a lot of the photo's are taken at a high level?

Koop11

They do appear low from the images (I’ve not been fortunate to look inside the new rink during its development) but I think this is a good thing as it will help generate atmosphere.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1,152
The roof beams are fairly low I suppose, they are similar I would say to Hull, but Chris says they will be fine even including the central video clock, and he should know.

Finny

It's been a while since I was in there, but I do vaguely remember thinking that there wouldn't be much space between the ceiling and the media ganty.
But then I thought - why would that matter?

Yes, like everyones said, they are lower than the BBT, but higher than the photos make out. The scale of the arena just does not come over in a photograph. I asure you, everyone will be extremely happy when they they finally enter it for the first time. :Banana

Ocko

I had a visit a few weeks ago and it was quite hard to gain a perspective of the height. But if you say they are indeed lower than the BBT then that is a concern as the BBT is on the verge of being too low!

James

Administrator
surely all that means is you get ever so slightly more whistles blown when a puck goes out of play into the beams? It doesn't happen often anyway and players are aware of the height (unless a pesky banner gets in the way :) )

Finny

James said:
surely all that means is you get ever so slightly more whistles blown when a puck goes out of play into the beams? It doesn't happen often anyway and players are aware of the height (unless a pesky banner gets in the way :) )
Yeh. Well actually the clock is more likely to get in the way depending on how big it is.
But this is hockey. Not rugby. Unless Lordo has some great up-and-under tactic planned?

As other have said a low roof should mean a better atmosphere.