Latest rink update

I still wear my tin foil hat when watchin TV. :pickle You cannot trust the govt.

I guess it comes from lookin at the various designs by other companies and them being shelved does not help, I'll be happy when the building is done.

I just don't want the whole project moth balled and find the BBT has simply been moved inwards to the new site to make room for more lucrative house building on the prime site it currently sits and find the whole project hasn't been fully financed. ;)

Fingers crossed.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #486
Give it a rest mate please,our new gaff is being built, it's on schedule, we will be in there July 2015 and it will look lush, it will be operated by Chris Hartrey for Greenbank. its already looking good down there believe me.

Wannabe2 said:
Give it a rest mate please,our new gaff is being built, it's on schedule, we will be in there July 2015 and it will look lush, it will be operated by Chris Hartrey for Greenbank. its already looking good down there believe me.
Time will tell. ;)

Wannabe2 said:
It sure will and then hopefully you will be as satisfied as us lot.
I'll be like a pig in shite. :pickle

On a nother note I guess to GreenBank if there reading, any available info on what corporate sponsors are interested, the naming of the rink etc etc etc.

Who are SORAC ?

Sorry to ask, but I looked on your web link and found a forum which contained the last posts in 2011 & your last tweet was Aug 2013, so thought how much would you be in the know, to know, so to speak.

I'm sure your right and that the ground works are on schedule and there are no issues, the Devils will be in a new rink and everything in the garden is rosy.

Although I still feel that the Devils empire is about to fall apart, the rink plans are to change and the need for a winter sports centre will be shelved.

Earnie

chillee said:
Who are SORAC ?

Sorry to ask, but I looked on your web link and found a forum which contained the last posts in 2011 & your last tweet was Aug 2013, so thought how much would you be in the know, to know, so to speak.

I'm sure your right and that the ground works are on schedule and there are no issues, the Devils will be in a new rink and everything in the garden is rosy.

Although I still feel that the Devils empire is about to fall apart, the rink plans are to change and the need for a winter sports centre will be shelved.

Is this guy for real?
When they lay the foundation for the pad Chillee should be invited to attend. I mean like a coin when they lay the keel for a new ship.

Do you remember these headlines from January 2012 announcing the build to start.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-16759703

I quote

A new winter sports complex in Cardiff Bay's landmark International Sports Village is to finally go ahead.

Work on a 150m ski slope, a nursery slope, skating arenas plus shops, bars, restaurants, a hotel and new homes will start immediately.

The project will be developed by Helium Miracle 113, a subsidiary of Wigan-based Greenbank Partnerships.

Last year, the council broke off its deal with Planet Ice, which won the initial tender, in a row over funds.

The council then re-opened the tender process.

Or this

A contract with a leisure firm to design, build and run a new ice rink for Cardiff may be ended by council leaders.

Planet Ice was awarded the tender last August to build the rink for Cardiff's International Sports Village.

But the council has now said it has not had "the comfort required" from the firm to show this could go ahead, and a fresh tender is to be considered.

Planet Ice has been asked to comment on the matter.

Under the existing contract the firm, which operates a temporary ice arena in Empire Way, Cardiff Bay, was due to run the new rink as well as design and build it.

So is it so stupid. I mean they announced the build to start immediately in 2012, its still 2014 is it not, so why the delay ? why believe this time is different than 2012, oh yea forgot, some ground works have started, well there is no turning back from that point now is there.

Have Hope#35

chillee said:
Who are SORAC ?

In answer to your ludicrous question:
Mark Phillips, vice chairman of Save Our Rink Action Committee (SORAC), said “It is so exciting to see the new ice arena coming out of the ground. The focus of our campaign has always been to see top-class ice facilities return to Cardiff, and the plans being developed by Greenbank are fantastic.

“IAW will provide winter sports fans with a superb arena and will create a world-class training and leisure destination. The opening of Ice Arena Wales next year will see our decade-long campaign achieve its goal. Of that, everyone at SORAC can be proud.”

Finny

chillee said:
Now call me cynical but the Ice Arena seems to be the one building in Cardiff Councils plans that they simply cannot seem to or want to build. :RAWK
I won't call you cynical. There are fare more appropriate words for that but I'll get a telling off from the Mods.

However, your posts are ridiculous, stupid and idiotic. The Arena is BEING BUILT AS WE SPEAK. Well, maybe now this second as it's 5pm on a lush Friday afternoon and I hope they have finished for the weekend. But pop down Monday between 9 and 5 and you'll see builders on site building it.

Finny

chillee said:
So is it so stupid. I mean they announced the build to start immediately in 2012, its still 2014 is it not, so why the delay ? why believe this time is different than 2012, oh yea forgot, some ground works have started, well there is no turning back from that point now is there.
Where did they announce the build to start immediately in 2012? If you can find a quote I'd love to see it because that was never the case. It was always going to start in late 2013/early 2014.
It ended up being started in between those dates and it would have started earlier had the council not held up things.

The second story you quoted was regarding PI winning the initial tender by basically getting the plans for the Skydome and drawing a box around that. It never progressed from that and was always (fortunately) going to fail.

Now I admit there is a chance that a meteor could hit the site and destroy everything or a mystery virus could wipe out the whole human population in a couple of days. But if we are optimistic for a second and pretend that neither of those will happen - the arena will be finished.