Latest rink update

Chris

Administrator
Finny said:
chillee said:
Now call me cynical but the Ice Arena seems to be the one building in Cardiff Councils plans that they simply cannot seem to or want to build. :RAWK
I won't call you cynical. There are fare more appropriate words for that but I'll get a telling off from the Mods.

However, your posts are ridiculous, stupid and idiotic. The Arena is BEING BUILT AS WE SPEAK. Well, maybe now this second as it's 5pm on a lush Friday afternoon and I hope they have finished for the weekend. But pop down Monday between 9 and 5 and you'll see builders on site building it.
We've got a 'Get Out of Jail Free card' around somewhere for situations like this ;)

Have Hope#35 said:
It's on site you tool... This was all prior to the detailed design of the scheme! Stop looking back at all the hurdles SORAC & Others have had to jump in order to get the new rink and look forward at what's being built in front of your very own eyes! :DWD
Here's a link you want to read: http://www.icearenawales.co.uk/#news
Well aware of the arena web site thanks, planet ice still have internet details of there plans.

Have Hope#35 said:
Mark Phillips, vice chairman of Save Our Rink Action Committee (SORAC), said “It is so exciting to see the new ice arena coming out of the ground. The focus of our campaign has always been to see top-class ice facilities return to Cardiff, and the plans being developed by Greenbank are fantastic.

“IAW will provide winter sports fans with a superb arena and will create a world-class training and leisure destination. The opening of Ice Arena Wales next year will see our decade-long campaign achieve its goal. Of that, everyone at SORAC can be proud.”
SORAC have several interviews going back a few yrs pretty much stating the same.

Finny said:
Where did they announce the build to start immediately in 2012? If you can find a quote I'd love to see it because that was never the case. It was always going to start in late 2013/early 2014.

The 1st quote was cut and pasted from the 1st paragraph of the announcement in January 2012, the link above it takes you straight there. :roll:

Again I've been away from the country and returned recently, so no idea who SORAC are or what they did.

Now please tell me I'm wrong, l never stated what l know to be pure facts and I have no issue reading intelligent information as to why my point of view is incorrect, but girls please refrain from personal insults, its against the rules and you just look kinda, well, dumb.

Have Hope#35

chillee said:
Finny said:
Where did they announce the build to start immediately in 2012? If you can find a quote I'd love to see it because that was never the case. It was always going to start in late 2013/early 2014.

The 1st quote was cut and pasted from the 1st paragraph of the announcement in January 2012, the link above it takes you straight there. :roll:

Again I've been away from the country and returned recently, so no idea who SORAC are or what they did.

Now please tell me I'm wrong, l never stated what l know to be pure facts and I have no issue reading intelligent information as to why my point of view is incorrect, but girls please refrain from personal insults, its against the rules and you just look kinda, well, dumb.
Unfortunately only one person looks dumb on here at the moment and that's you! You can't post prehistoric articles and be expected to be taken seriously! As for not knowing who SORAC are it's inexcusable... If you'd have bothered to do even the slightest bit of research on the 10yr struggle to get a new Ice Arena then you'd have come across SORAC... Without them there possibly wouldn't even be discussions about a New Rink, let alone one BEING BUILT!!!

Ocko said:
chillee said:
Who are SORAC ?
The fact you ask who SORAC are at least confirms, if nothing else, that you are as clueless about the whole project as your posts suggest.
I believe history shows the development has been announced several times before, contracts withdraw, SORAC from what I read and the photos shown on Twitter according to the well informed SORAC building started in May 2013, when it hadn't.

I read nothing more on SORAC's forum or twitter account promoting the actual start, is that not strange, you'd have thought more would be written, but hell how many times can you cry start for the same build. :oops:

Nothing against SORAC and to be frank nobody is going to state anything different on the Inferno until the brown stuff reaches the fan, if it ever will.

Have Hope#35 said:
chillee said:
Finny said:

Unfortunately only one person looks dumb on here at the moment and that's you! You can't post prehistoric articles and be expected to be taken seriously! As for not knowing who SORAC are it's inexcusable... If you'd have bothered to do even the slightest bit of research on the 10yr struggle to get a new Ice Arena then you'd have come across SORAC... Without them there possibly wouldn't even be discussions about a New Rink, let alone one BEING BUILT!!!
I had no reason to research anything and openly admit I didn't no who they are, again I was not in the country when the rink closed, the BBT opened.

Post history shows plans have changed and I see no reason why if the investors are not willing to finance the project, why it could not change, after all Greenbank are not paying for it.

Finny

This is the one and only time the building work has ever been announced as starting as it is the only time the building work has ever started.

Are you trying to wind us up? I can't believe anyone can be this stupid for so long.

Yes you have been out of the country for a couple of years and making a couple of mistakes initially is fair enough. But instead of making yourself look more and more stupid do you not think it might have been just easier to admit you were wrong?

Imagine building a rink is 10 steps from 1 to 10 with 1 being " we should build a new arena" and 10 being "the first game in new arena is tomorrow".
All these previous plans you keep mentioning only got as far as step 2 or 3.
Greenbank are now on step 9.

Aren't you a little bit curious as to why everyone else thinks you are wrong?

Finny

chillee said:
Post history shows plans have changed and I see no reason why if the investors are not willing to finance the project, why it could not change, after all Greenbank are not paying for it.
So who are paying for it?

KaneDevils

I see the "attack the post not the poster" rule has gone down the pan :lol:

I said yonks ago he was posting simply to stir the shit but nobody listened.

Finny said:
This is the one and only time the building work has ever been announced as starting as it is the only time the building work has ever started.
There is a photo dated May 31st 2013 on SORAC twitter page states, ground breaking day for the new arena. May 21st there is a photo of 2 guys stood next to a digger saying ISV phase 2 started.

Are you trying to wind us up? I can't believe anyone can be this stupid for so long.
I heard a whisper the financiers have been hard to come by and some look to pull out.

Yes you have been out of the country for a couple of years and making a couple of mistakes initially is fair enough. But instead of making yourself look more and more stupid do you not think it might have been just easier to admit you were wrong?
I have several times. :roll:

Imagine building a rink is 10 steps from 1 to 10 with 1 being " we should build a new arena" and 10 being "the first game in new arena is tomorrow".
All these previous plans you keep mentioning only got as far as step 2 or 3.
Greenbank are now on step 9.
Yes, but imagine your instructed to building a garage, you put up 3 of the 4 walls and the people paying you pull out, do you continue or slow things down whilst other options are explored with the possibility that those 4 walls may get either knocked down and something else built in its place.

Since when has construction work been so definitive as to not be changed. :roll:

Aren't you a little bit curious as to why everyone else thinks you are wrong?
Not really, everybody has and is entitled to an opinion, as to the validity of what I heard, it could be something or nothing, I doubt anybody is going to agree with me until it all falls through, which may not happen.

I'm curious though as to who the investors are though, not just who is paying the £16 million for the rink but also who is in on the rest of it.

Anybody know ?

Like I stated before when the doors have opened I'll be there to watch the first game in the new rink.

Guys...

Inside every cynic is a heart-broken romantic.

I'm sure Chillee just doesn't want to see the Devils family screwed over more than they have been already.

So stop hating. It seems that for Chillee, seeing is believing; not a bad philosophy in the world of ice rink construction.

Gwynfor said:
Guys...

Inside every cynic is a heart-broken romantic.

I'm sure Chillee just doesn't want to see the Devils family screwed over more than they have been already.

So stop hating. It seems that for Chillee, seeing is believing; not a bad philosophy in the world of ice rink construction.
Thank you.

Everybody is entitled to there views, even the paranoid, who Zed is I have no idea. Maybe Wildthing has had one to many Wild nights. :lol:

But if anybody does care to google the project, there is a lot of info from the council, Helium Miracle 113 from 2012, you can read copies of the council meetings regarding the timelines of the various stages, the penalties to Greenbank for not building the rink and ski slope, the studies that are to be done through the projects concerning viability, etc etc etc, yet none that I could find regarding the current project with the amended time lines for the various studies projects.

All I could find was there is no deadline or penalties in delaying the projects including the rink should finance, investors or the simple fact that an ice rink is no longer financially viable, which I guess Ragan dumping the Devils team would impact on.

So no, I would not count on the rink being 100% guaranteed yet, releasing the third announcement of the project within the media and a few concrete posts into the ground does not prove the project will complete.

Chillee

I'm forced to take back my words: you are probably not paranoid or cynical. You are, I suspect increasingly, just monumentally cretinous.

I'll try and be charitable in my response because it is likely that you have led a troubled life on the wrong side of the Mental Health Act, and as such have had little contact or interaction with society. Nonetheless, for the record:

- Greenbank (via its subsidiary company Helium Miracle 113 Ltd) has signed an Agreement with the Council to build the Sports Village, including the new Ice Arena, on the Council's land.

- There are no investors other than Greenbank, which is funding the build programme. Greenbank will operate the Ice Arena under its company Ice Arena Wales Ltd. The freehold of the site will be transferred to Greenbank from the Council

- Planning permission was granted in July 2013, from memory. Thereafter, Greenbank contracted with Kier for a detailed design and cost for the Arena. This was completed in January and a full build contract was signed for the Arena shortly after. Work commenced on site in March this year, and is ahead of schedule. It is due to open to the public in July 2015.

The signing of the Build Contract effectively means that Greenbank has guaranteed to pay Kier for the entire construction process. As such, steelwork, seating, ice pads and plant has all been pre-ordered. There is no backing out, even if Greenbank wanted to.

I hope that puts your tedious little mind at rest, although I doubt it will.