Latest rink update

pjj365

Electro said:
Just look at the rounabout about 100 meters from the IAW front door.

Consider who in the area has phone lines.

My opinion is there is no money. But that should change now.
This is what I mean about specfics not supported by evidence

The existance of a junction or even a whole exchange does not mean there is a spare conection. The number of phone lines could be relevant - the bandwidth could be at capacity. IAW needs more than just a phone line anyway it needs a good data line

As to funding we can guess - some might even know but so what - we are where we are

None of this changes the shambles on a handover that should not have happened. Nor does it change anyone's conserns over the future management of the facility

At this stage there appears little more to say without repetition so I will bow out for now

It's the site of a £400 million development. The planning of phone infrastructure was taken into into account and laid a long time ago.

Simply use BT page. There is plenty of access at that box, with connection times of 2 weeks.

august04

Electro said:
Just look at the rounabout about 100 meters from the IAW front door.

Consider who in the area has phone lines.

My opinion is there is no money. But that should change now.
Genuine question, why should that change now? If it was a money issue, then sure, the start of public skating, bar takings etc will get cash flowing but might be a while still if they're relying on that kind of thing before the fit out can be completed properly.

fantastic venue, the atmosphere has been carried from the bbt to the IAW , seating much better, lighting was great as well, new intro was brill, hats off to all the staff and management who have made it possible this week with ticket sales etc . cant wait for tomorrow . :)

Not usually one to be negative, but the seat bases are too flexible - you turn to let someone walk by and the side drops - both of ours are already showing white stress marks where they flex, and noticed it on seat next to us - which had been used for one night only, by a young lady who was definitely not heavy....

Other than that, very happy with IAW, hope they get phones sorted soon, sounds like that was a nightmare for all involved

youngbob said:
Not usually one to be negative, but the seat bases are too flexible - you turn to let someone walk by and the side drops - both of ours are already showing white stress marks where they flex, and noticed it on seat next to us - which had been used for one night only, by a young lady who was definitely not heavy....

Other than that, very happy with IAW, hope they get phones sorted soon, sounds like that was a nightmare for all involved
Sixteen million pounds, and seats from the Pound Shop, my poor arse

youngbob said:
Theres a seat in Block 9 thats unusable already. Hopefully it was an accident

Couldn't make the opening night but was lucky to have hospitality tickets for last night. Wasn't really sure what to expect having read all the comments on this forum, but I'd like to congratulate Todd and the team for putting on a great night.

Was very well looked after - Kris and the hospitality team were first class. Great experience, great view, good atmosphere (when we got going) and a great result. Kudos to the Giants fans for adding to the experience.

Some people on this forum need to realize how lucky we are in having this facility. Yes, it may have some minor gripes, but it's a million miles better than the WNIR and condemns the BBT to the 19th century!

People harp on about the cost and it should be 100% perfect - get a grip, it's 98% perfect and that's good enough for me. Appreciate it, appreciate the groundwork SORAC put into this.

pjj365

Unfortunately as yet there is no mechanism for customer feedback - not critiscm but fair constructive comment - other than this forum

But I would suggest any comment is deferred until after the final home game of the season. Things take time to bed in and some aspects of the operation were improved in 24 hours over the weekend. I have no doubt IAW will observe, assimulate and learn to improve the experience from game to game over the next few weeks.

Only then is it fair, or even worthwhile, to comment

In the meantime, as it has been raised - the seats. I have learnt to not lean too heavily to the side when I talk to my companions

osh

As I've mentioned before, there are a number of constructive comments that can be acted upon over the off season. Last night's game seemed to cope pretty well will food and bar outlets. The sound isn't the best ( at the moment ) would imagine that can be quite easily rectified with a couple of more strategically place loudspeakers. The seats are a problem however, very flimsy on the sides and won't last long. That could be a problem that should be acted upon almost as soon as the last game finishes. The seats would have been inspected long before installation and I would not deem them fit for ( long term ) purpose. I would imagine there is a defects period wherein such issues can be challenged and changed accordingly. Won't be cheap to do, but it is definitely within a defect category. I would go back to the manufacturer and insist on more sturdy seats. Overall, fairly satisfied with what have been presented with ( for the money spent )

It's true that a few "issues" can occur in any development. The difference is when it's done competently the general public are oblivious to it.

Kier have done a fantastic job in the build quality, but it's Kier, so nothing less than perfect rarely becomes apparent.

The seating, the speakers, the phone system are all issues that should not be issues. Whilst not as important as say the fire alarm system or plant equipment for the ice. There all working post handover, important stuff tends to be.

Someone choosed the seats, someone choosed the sound system, was it the same someone who possibly neglected to realise that a business selling tickets would need the necessary phone and booking system to be able to function.

I'm sure it'll all be ironed out. Assuming the issues are due to a muppet/s not doing their job properly. That has an easier solution than the alternative, that being the possibility these issue's are budget related.

Anyway good result considering and at least a decent ice pad. Hopefully people returning to or on there first visit to a Devils game will have enjoyed it and return regularly.

I only wished it had been built years ago, I'm not going to forgive the persons that wouldn't move on certain plans.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1,956
Electro said:
It's true that a few "issues" can occur in any development. The difference is when it's done competently the general public are oblivious to it.

Kier have done a fantastic job in the build quality, but it's Kier, so nothing less than perfect rarely becomes apparent.

The seating, the speakers, the phone system are all issues that should not be issues. Whilst not as important as say the fire alarm system or plant equipment for the ice. There all working post handover, important stuff tends to be.

Someone choosed the seats, someone choosed the sound system, was it the same someone who possibly neglected to realise that a business selling tickets would need the necessary phone and booking system to be able to function.

I'm sure it'll all be ironed out. Assuming the issues are due to a muppet/s not doing their job properly. That has an easier solution than the alternative, that being the possibility these issue's are budget related.

Anyway good result considering and at least a decent ice pad. Hopefully people returning to or on there first visit to a Devils game will have enjoyed it and return regularly.

I only wished it had been built years ago, I'm not going to forgive the persons that wouldn't move on certain plans.
Believe me Sorac wishes it had been built years ago, it would have saved passionate people a lot of time and money mate, but guess what those very same people are chuffed to hell and back to see there dreams come true. Our precious club is still here unlike many others who have fallen unfortunately by the wayside due to not having any facilities, Seeing as we now have the best venue the Devils have ever had, it's now time to sit back, chill out, and enjoy the greatest sport on the planet. is it perfect no are you or me no, We are now on our way to the top, time to stop whinging and enjoy the ride, COME ON YOU DEVILS.

I agree with many of your comments and sentiment. I do wish you would stop mistaking criticism for whinging.

You remember Durham, having a good fan base, multi million pound owners and a history of winning cups was still not enough to keep them going.

The IAW can only exist as long as people visit it. The IAW is a newer facility, but does it offer anything that the WNIR didn't, that rink was loosing money.

Finny

Electro said:
I agree with many of your comments and sentiment. I do wish you would stop mistaking criticism for whinging.

You remember Durham, having a good fan base, multi million pound owners and a history of winning cups was still not enough to keep them going.

The IAW can only exist as long as people visit it. The IAW is a newer facility, but does it offer anything that the WNIR didn't, that rink was loosing money.
Two pads?
Bigger capacity?
Dance Studio?
I think I saw adverts for a chiropractor too?