Latest rink update

pjj365

Im getting depressed with 3 games gone

I assume if you have a seadin ticket you will not renew for next season as in your eyes we will not be there next year - at least for the full year

This is unreal

Finny

chillee said:
Been saying that all along. I don't get why people are concerned about Mr King buying the rink in favor of the alternative which is likely to see the BBT in use for a few more yrs. But hey oh they said it'll be built and we'll be in January 2016, so no need to be concerned then.
Whatever happened to chillee? What an expert he was. Claiming we'd be in the BBT for several more years.

Finny

chillee said:
Its an issue, to little attendance to be viable, too little capacity to be profitable. Once the rink is fitted out it will feel cramped, small, but i'm sure the die hards will argue that brings atmosphere, i'm sure it will, but until atmosphere becomes an asset with value, its as much use as skates on a bull.
Yeh, the rink definitely feels cramped and small. You were bang on the money again Electro. Sorry, I mean chillee.

Ocko

Cramped and small? I'd say the opposite, feels as though there is a lot of space that could be used.

Which makes me think, could there ever be any expansion? Where the camera is would be a great place for standing (without impeding the camera of course). That whole level seems like an awful lot of good viewing space that could be used, maybe even better hospitality boxes with it's own seats. And/or maybe a WNIR type balcony type thing either end? Definitely has the height available.

Clearly this is a long term thing but hopefully we could push the 3,500 mark in the future.

pjj365 said:
Im getting depressed with 3 games gone

I assume if you have a seadin ticket you will not renew for next season as in your eyes we will not be there next year - at least for the full year

This is unreal
electro a chum of regan no doubt, :DWD

jimmy snels

Ocko said:
Cramped and small? I'd say the opposite, feels as though there is a lot of space that could be used.

Which makes me think, could there ever be any expansion? Where the camera is would be a great place for standing (without impeding the camera of course). That whole level seems like an awful lot of good viewing space that could be used, maybe even better hospitality boxes with it's own seats. And/or maybe a WNIR type balcony type thing either end? Definitely has the height available.

Clearly this is a long term thing but hopefully we could push the 3,500 mark in the future.
Agree there seems to be a fair bit of space that could be utilised. That upper mes level could EASILY have two rows of standing. Some of the walkways are huge and could take additions as well.
I guess it does beg the question of did we underestimate how many seats we needed mind. But i guess when the bridgend fake taxi man was in charge we never could have predicted the rapid upward trend our devils fortunes would take.

KaneDevils

What is the official capacity of the IAW again, sorry?

On a side note, can we not argue/discuss the points raised by electro. Some seem intent on revealing past user names of others. It really is a tad sad. Who gives a f!#= who anyone is or might be.

Get a life. :DWD

This is mainly in response to pjj365.

Read about the history of Centrum ice rink. You'll read many similarities. Such as a 10 yr build fraut with issues.

That ice rink, multi purpose, with gym, bar and shop lasted 6 yrs.

So yes in response to your comments there have been ice rinks built, commercial properties invested in to then see them close, stand empty or never open.

Look around Cardiff Bay there are a few.

Mooney#16

Feel free to tell me to mind my own business Steve but does that then have any effect on the revenue sharing of the concessionary sales in IAW for the Devils. That struck me as a massive financial plus for organisation and the key leveller against the other larger attendance teams.

SteveKing

Mind your own business Mooney.

Just kidding. We're still working on something now that the arena is open and we know what we're dealing with for next year. We certainly expect to have something in place shortly based on very good dealings we're having with Greenbank.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #2,000
A bigger leveller is having free ice time, Panthers pay about £12-15k per game,Steelers the same that equates to another 800/ 1000 punters for us.