Latest rink update

Skippy

Ger-Devils said:
So the issue is mainly with that tall building? That's one of the last things to be built anyway! Get the rink/snowdome signed off and get on with it.
Take a look at it again mate. I read it as the problem is the whole thing.

Koop11

I feared this may be too good to be true. I hope these concerns from this organisation don't impact on the timely decision of the planning application.

osh

Koop11 said:
I feared this may be too good to be true. I hope these concerns from this organisation don't impact on the timely decision of the planning application.

I would hope and imagine that enough talk between the developer and CCC had been carried out to ensure that any recommendations have been included in the submitted plans. The big question is when is the meeting taking place for approval, surely it is just a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's after so much time ?

osh

So, does anyone know what date will CCC will sit down and decide to make a decision on approving planning permission for the Cardiff Pointe project? Surely It was meant to be this month sometime?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #168
Sorac had a very productive meeting with the Council today, and were assured that everything is on track with the timescales for the completion of our new home. Next season should therefore be our last in the BBT, before the Devils get the home they richly deserve.

Wannabe2 said:
Sorac had a very productive meeting with the Council today, and were assured that everything is on track with the timescales for the completion of our new home. Next season should therefore be our last in the BBT, before the Devils get the home they richly deserve.
Good to hear!!!! Exciting times!

osh

Did the council say when this planning application is being discussed for approval? I assume it wasn't this week (5th December) otherwise they would have said. Did they say when an announcement is likely to be made? The next planning meetings are as follows 9th January & 13th February 2013.
Goos work by SORAC once again.

hope every thing is ok with this as its 5 weeks now since the planning when't in, is this normal for something thats been so long in the making, hear the owners of the swimming pool are not happy with some aspects of the build and are holding things up, would this be a problem and hold up the completion date ? there seems to be a lot of good meetings with green bank and the council etc but nowt seems to be happening. there are still plenty of people down the rink who are convinced that this project will never happen, but i do still remain positive, till the bitter end.

redtilldead said:
hope every thing is ok with this as its 5 weeks now since the planning when't in, is this normal for something thats been so long in the making, hear the owners of the swimming pool are not happy with some aspects of the build and are holding things up, would this be a problem and hold up the completion date ? there seems to be a lot of good meetings with green bank and the council etc but nowt seems to be happening. there are still plenty of people down the rink who are convinced that this project will never happen, but i do still remain positive, till the bitter end.
The Planning will not be determined until March, you can probably appreciate the amount of documents related to an application of this size, if not look here

http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-a ... APR_102095

Meanwhile perhaps the Council need to be reminded of the amount of people that depend on this facility and you can register and add your comments in support of the Planning application. Even though it may appear that there is 'nowt happening' the Council are in talks with the developer and will be trying to make them jump through hoops,( Shame they didn't do that with the original PI application ) hopefully this will avoid any issues coming to light at the March Planning meeting causing yet more delays and slippage.

SORAC can keep pressure on but as individuals everyone can play a part by supporting the application

Thank You

rocketbob

Wonderful work by SORAC and all those involved. :D :D :D
Just looking at the plans and elevations is getting me excited about the new arena. I hope it all goes as smoothly as possibly for such a massive undertaking. Bring on the CIIA (or maybe the DevilDome). :RAWK :RAWK :RAWK

100% behind sorac, definatly not having a bad word said in that direction. the problems with differant councils with differant agenders over all these years , it was never going to run smooth was it. if it wasent for sorac, well we'd have had no rink, no future and probubly folded a few seasons ago. so as i say, to the bitter end.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #176
It is frustrating, and it has been a long long time, and as you say these things drag on and on. Getting cheesed off with things has become almost a habit. This fight was started 7 long years ago, and Sorac has no intention of letting anything slip after this saga, we have gone too far down the line to ease any pressure now. There is without a doubt light at the end of this dark wet gloomy tunnel, and the end of the BBT is in sight, just a case of everyone sticking to our guns now, then hopefully we can disband and get on with our lives.
HAPPY NEW HOME DAYS.

The plans look fantastic, I just hope that the council get this done and the team and city get an arena facility to be proud of.

I was surprised today to see some tweets from a GP and clinical lecturer at Cardiff Uni by the name of Anne Marie Cunningham ( @amcunningham on twitter ) voicing her complete displeasure at the council apparently channelling £8 million in funds towards the project, rather than building more social housing in the city area :DWD

'I'm stunned that @cardiffcouncil is already proposing diverting £7.9M to an ice rink instead of social housing'

'So why are @cardiffcouncil proposing spending £7.9million on an ice rink rather than affordable housing?'

'I am really shocked/stunned etc at this decision about ice rink vs social housing... terrible!'

Koop11

Very short sighted view when you think what the rink could offer the community from a health and social aspect. Also when you consider the plans for a huge investment in housing in North Cardiff over the next 15 years.

We’re all entitled to our opinions though.

Without wishing to come across negative, I do worry about the timing of the decision on the plans which suggests could be at the end of the season. Local Government are very good an issuing news that might not be popular at timely opportunities. I hope this is just paranoia on my part but you can’t blame people’s worries given the amount of times the future home has taken a back step.