Latest rink update

osh

A minor issue for me is the fact that there will be a walkway between the plexi and the first row of seats. Now, we all can see how inconsiderate people can be moving about during play at the BBT, if that happens at the new place it could cause a fair bit of aggro amongst fans!

More concerning, and a major issue for me is the announcement that ground works won't start until July or August with a completion date of December 2014, meaning that we won't start the 14/15 season in a new arena. I personally think a more realistic opening date will be the start of the 15/16 season, hope I'm wrong.

I think the walkway is only for fire safety/evacuation purposes. The concourse and all the facilities are at the back/top behind the seating. There shouldn't be any need for people to be walking along the front of the seats. Some dicks will find an excuse though no doubt. Make a cracking dance floor for Taz though.

Jones72

Wannabe2 said:
Think each seat should be supplied with a taser gun, then any inconsiderate buggers could be zapped with it. :lol:
Block 3/Block 2 relations are tense enough as it is. Can you imagine the carnage if there were tasers?!

Nott Simpson said:
Chairman is a month out, ground breaking will be in May
Think that is a bit premature OJ unless the outcome of the Planning Meeting is a foregone conclusion, I am sure an ex council employee wouldn't imply such a thing ;) ;)

SORAC said:
Nott Simpson said:
Chairman is a month out, ground breaking will be in May
Think that is a bit premature OJ unless the outcome of the Planning Meeting is a foregone conclusion, I am sure an ex council employee wouldn't imply such a thing ;) ;)
They are obviously taking a gamble on nobody objecting during the next 3 months. Its to greenbanks advantage to get the new rink open as soon as they can to start recouping the money spent out.