Latest rink update

I know I'm being really lazy, forgive me for not reading the previous posts to find this out, however I'm finding it a bit daunting!

Is there any indication when the new rink may be open? Any scheduled date/season? Thanks.

mazza03

Wannabe2 said:
mazza03 said:
Finny said:
I think if everything goes to plan, work will begin this coming Summer with a completion date of Summer 2014.
I hope so because I don't think BBT will last much longer.
Dont think i will either Maz. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know that feeling Glyn I just hope we have a new rink before I'm too old to go. :DWD

Earnie

I was at a developers presentation at the C B Yacht C tonight. Seemingly a show house will be completed by Autumn 2013
As far as I could gather the builders for first phase housing (near the Ely river) are not necessarily the same as builders of the Ice Rink.
I was not able to glean a start date for the Ice Rink.

What is now the swimming pool car park will eventually be housing but not before another car park space is allocated.
An alterntaive road link will be laid to the CBYC from more or less where the end of the road is near the BBT.

It was mentioned that some cars attending ice hockey games park in the access lane to the CBYC. Please do not do so.

4/3/2013

D

Deleted member 1337

From this new rink, as a player I want to request a few things, two zambonies - on for a dry cut and one wet cut. Also, high quality and equal changing rooms for all teams, unlike the ones at the moment - two large rooms with pegs for the away team or DCF, and one with NHL(ish) style stalls( I don't know what to call them but if intregued there's the Vancouver Canucks dressing room tour on YouTube) and finally, as many will have noticed on sunday, a safer on-ice confiquration ( boards doors glass etc) as three of my friends, and Ben Olson have had their sticks stuck in the doors and/or boards.
I know it sounds fussy, but , most players are fussy!

Planning application for the new ice rink goes to special planning committee in April. Despite the delay all parties remain optimistic but it has to go in April as patience is wearing thin as more time goes by

osh

SORAC said:
Planning application for the new ice rink goes to special planning committee in April. Despite the delay all parties remain optimistic but it has to go in April as patience is wearing thin as more time goes by
Sad to say, we won't start the 14/15 season in the new arena by the look of things.

KaneDevils

Well 6 months isn't a USSR.as were already 5 years behind, but it's if 6 more months get added on to that

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Any chance you can update your Tapatalk? I'd guess 98% of your posts actually make no or little sense. :?

new rink ,,perhaps,,,,,,parking maybee ,,,,same old staff sorry no no no,,,,,, what next p,i p,i pi...thought we were looking for a new start.... sorry chris you have done a fair job in a rubbish site ,but the pi way is not the way . we need a total new approach and total new staff.....

Have Hope#35

osh said:
SORAC said:
Sad to say, we won't start the 14/15 season in the new arena by the look of things.
Confirmed that the plan is to have it finished by Dec 2014... Lets face it, we won't be in the New Arena until 15/16 Season! I hope i'm wrong but I doubt it :(