Latest rink update

Devil_Abroad

But you said they sit to the left looking across from the boxes? That would mean they play left to right and I'm assuming the boxes are the BBT end not main road end so they play left to right towards Morrisons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxy

I was told on the weekend that the home and away were reversed in the new rink so looking across ice devils bench would be on the left,

Devil_Abroad

So if the Devils are on the left, the question is which side are the players bench - Toys R Us or BBT - I thought the bar / boxes were BBT side and if so the players bench is on the Toys R Us side? If on the left they will be skating towards Morissons 1st and 3rd period?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1,607
Okay they play twice towards the pool, they enter the ice Toys r us end, the home bench is then on THEIR LEFT. OR OUR RIGHT if looking from the hospitality boxes, which are indeed the BBT end.

Devil_Abroad

Wannabe2 said:
Okay they play twice towards the pool, they enter the ice Toys r us end, the home bench is then on THEIR LEFT. OR OUR RIGHT if looking from the hospitality boxes, which are indeed the BBT end.
Thank you, that makes more sense

Wannabe2 said:
Sorry to be dense here but does that me the same layout and "shooting ends" as currently at BBT?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1,610
Nitra said:
Wannabe2 said:
Sorry to be dense here but does that me the same layout and "shooting ends" as currently at BBT?
Yes

Wannabe2 said:
enwnigel said:
http://360.io/T6MXAn
Using the link above which was posted earlier, are the players benches on the opposite side to the hospitality boxes?
If so, is the home bench to the left or right of the entrance onto the ice.
Yes they are opposite, home bench to the left.
Wannabe2 said:
[quote
Okay they play twice towards the pool, they enter the ice Toys r us end, the home bench is then on THEIR LEFT. OR OUR RIGHT if looking from the hospitality boxes, which are indeed the BBT end

You have me confused here Wannabe, In my post you replied that the Home bench is on the left when looking from the hospitality boxes yet in a reply to another poster you state that it is on the right.
So I am stood on the ice with the hospitality boxes behind me and looking at the players benches with the tunnel separating them is the Home bench to MY left or MY right.

enwnigel said:
Wannabe2 said:
enwnigel said:
http://360.io/T6MXAn
Using the link above which was posted earlier, are the players benches on the opposite side to the hospitality boxes?
If so, is the home bench to the left or right of the entrance onto the ice.[/quote]
Yes they are opposite, home bench to the left.
Wannabe2 said:
[quote
Okay they play twice towards the pool, they enter the ice Toys r us end, the home bench is then on THEIR LEFT. OR OUR RIGHT if looking from the hospitality boxes, which are indeed the BBT end

You have me confused here Wannabe, In my post you replied that the Home bench is on the left when looking from the hospitality boxes yet in a reply to another poster you state that it is on the right.
So I am stood on the ice with the hospitality boxes behind me and looking at the players benches with the tunnel separating them is the Home bench to MY left or MY right.
You asked if the home bench is on the left or the right of the entrance onto the ice to which Wannabe replied to the left. It would be on the opposite side when looking from the other side of the Ice thus to your right when looking from the boxes.

It didn't need any great foresight to envisage this confusion !!
Why oh why hasn't management issued:
1. a seating plan with blocks / seats numbered
2. additional symbols / arrows denoting
a) direction of the team's play
b) outside arena landmarks ( Morrison's / BBT etc )
.......to assist itself and supporters proceed through this process with minimum fuss. Easy to do and common sense!!

Milky

100% - as the players walk out of the changing rooms they sit on the left hand side facing the ice (that is from the Toys R us side). The home end is to their left which is the Morrisons end.

They will attack twice to their right (which is the swimming pool end). This is obviously reversed if you are sat on the corporate boxes / main bar side of the rink.

There definitely seems to be price differences for different blocks (which makes perfect sense to me). I guess it may cost more than present to sit in the middle block on the half way line.

Sheincar

Sorry all this ToysRUs, Morrisons, Pool talk is confusing me no end. Is it same layout as now or not? Not from boxes etc as I've no idea where they are!

dave

As you come into the rink from the main enterence so the co-operate side the devils home bench is opposite on the right.
So there are 2 ends the Swimming pool end and Morrisons end.. Or Penarth facing end and Cardiff facing end in other terms.
Devils will play towards the Swimming pool/Penarth facing end twice and Morrisons/Cardiff end once.