Latest rink update

Diafol

Quote:

The “shell and core” of the ice arena – the new home of the Cardiff Devils – will be completed by May 31, 2013, in time for the start of the 2014-15 ice hockey season

I hope that's a misprint, what about the 15 months in between ?

Ger-Devils

Diafol said:
Quote:

The “shell and core” of the ice arena – the new home of the Cardiff Devils – will be completed by May 31, 2013, in time for the start of the 2014-15 ice hockey season

I hope that's a misprint, what about the 15 months in between ?
This is Walesonline we're talking about............ :DWD

Wannabe2 said:
We have 2 more seasons in the BBT.
Id start to get into the mentallity that its going to be 3 to avoid dissapointment. The ammount of paper work and health and saftey policyies these magor projects have means progression speed gets up to a snails pace at best. Just worked on a massive and i mean massive project as a spark and got kicked off site for 7 months whilst they reviewed there risk assesment policyies. Though i could be proved wrong, they way things are to day twists my mellon!

Theyre using the rinks parking for the 2012 olypic swimming pool... so might also be a factor as to the time scale.

But i bet were not charging them like they charge us to park there!! Planet Ice are too soft !!!

I vote to move the drummers next to the away fans and drown them out!!! haha!!!

Most of the sponsors arent pleased with where the drummers are which shows are the seats arounf the drummers are farely empty.. I know the Fluers were considering moving the drummers back when they were involved....just saying!

YE of course doesnt take than long on a Cardiff Bus! :shock:

NO! The swimmers are using the OLYMIC SIZE POOL in the bay leading up to it.... obviously for practise and such

haha sorry nickname.. Matt & Fluer Burge

Used to joke that behind every man is a great woman so called them the Fluers

Think they had a few sponsors complain about it.

I didnt say back..... I said moving them away from the sponsors bar... to drown out the away fans.

Just saying what they mentioned 2 years ago. Obviously theyd have a hard time doing it, which is why they never.

kevinG said:
I didnt say back..... I said moving them away from the sponsors bar... to drown out the away fans.

Just saying what they mentioned 2 years ago. Obviously theyd have a hard time doing it, which is why they never.
It won t make any difference as the Sponsors bar is to the side in the new rink

Koop11

As we fast approach May (where has this year gone!), I was wondering whether anyone knows what the timetable for the planning application was? I understand it was being submitting very soon.

SORAC are meeting with Council Representatives for an update next Thursday. We wish to take this opportunity to clarify a few issues.

1) SORAC acts in the interests of all users in its dealings with the Council and Developer

2) Paul Ragan acts in the Interests of the business The Cardiff Devils in his dealings with the Council and developer

3) SORAC does not blindly follow Paul Ragan in his attempt to get the operating contract and will support whichever proposal the committee feel is the best for the future of Ice Sports in the capital

4) SORAC will protest in the strongest terms if we feel that the new facility dosen't get the operator it deserves

5) It is not in the remit of SORAC to be involved in fans/parents disputes with the club or the DCF. We were formed to ensure a replacement for the WNIR

In the light of recent proposals/events it may be beneficial to set up a new action group to address these issues. ( we have done our share of volunteering, so its over to you for that )

Kipper

SORAC said:
SORAC are meeting with Council Representatives for an update next Thursday. We wish to take this opportunity to clarify a few issues.

1) SORAC acts in the interests of all users in its dealings with the Council and Developer

2) Paul Ragan acts in the Interests of the business The Cardiff Devils in his dealings with the Council and developer

3) SORAC does not blindly follow Paul Ragan in his attempt to get the operating contract and will support whichever proposal the committee feel is the best for the future of Ice Sports in the capital

4) SORAC will protest in the strongest terms if we feel that the new facility dosen't get the operator it deserves

5) It is not in the remit of SORAC to be involved in fans/parents disputes with the club or the DCF. We were formed to ensure a replacement for the WNIR

In the light of recent proposals/events it may be beneficial to set up a new action group to address these issues. ( we have done our share of volunteering, so its over to you for that )
As the original Chairman of SORAC I was lucky to have guys like Wannabe2 and Jody working alongside me.They are men of integrity and will do their best for all rink users not just the Devils.One of the reasons I fell out with Bob Phillips back in the day was because I wouldn't allow SORAC to be used as his private army in his legal battles with the Council.

I am sure that if for example Paul Ragan were to make a similar request then SORAC would refuse because it would be outside its terms of reference. Once the final plan is agreed and building commences then SORAC will have served its purpose and will no doubt disband. Glynne, Mark and the existing committee should be proud of what they have and are achieving.

Whoever the new operator should be whether it is Paul Ragan or someone with experience,I feel they should set up a Rink Users Committee to make sure that the new facility is run in accordance to the requirements of all user groups.

Koop11

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-17949233

With Labour looking likely to take control of Cardiff in the local elections (subject to a recount on council leader Rodney Berman's Plasnewydd ward), I wonder whether this will have an impact on the development of Cardiff ISV.

You would hope that once the dust settles on the council elections, there can be movement on the planning permission for the development.