Latest rink update

Sebastien77 said:
sorry if that has already been mentioned but where is the car park?
Thanks

There will be a site car park, contrary to the belief of our owner we do not have a divine right for a car park. The rink replaces the WNIR and at the WNIR we did not have a car park or the income from one. There is only the front area that is dedicated as car park in BBT the back was just an area of council land that they turned a blind eye to the club using and charging for

Sheincar

As we won't be the only occupants of the site not sure why we should expect to charge for parking. If Morrisons decide not to let us carry on using their car park, then we'll have to use the new multi storey as we did at WNIR. There may be some scope for a deal I guess same as NCP did but then why should we be treated differently to other businesses there.

Ocko

At 17 quid a ticket I dont think there is anymore income that can be dragged out of people. I believe Sheffield is the only venue that charges parking and I dont think the club even get 100% of that.

wildthing74

kettdevil1 said:
TheOtherG said:
Hull charge too, or at least they did last time we drove there
They still do although I don't think it is anything to do with the Rays.....
That would be the council I guess and the beer prices gone through the roof since last season! They pretty much call all the shots.

Ocko

The council own the lot in Hull and are charging the Stingrays for ice time next year, figures around £2,500 have been quoted. That could cripple Hull and harm their participation in the league.

Ocko

Slartibartfast said:
£2500 a year for ice time is a bargain. Most rinks you pay around £150 an hour
That's per week not a season :lol:

You don't pay £150 in most rinks if you're an EIHL team, that's what rec teams get charged for one man and a zamoni not all the additional things that go with match night.

When does the old BBT close its doors ?

Will the 2014/15 team have a training camp facility at the new rink before season starts ?

If not, will they have there training within the BBT until the new facilities are running ?

Is the current build on schedule ?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #415
chillee said:
When does the old BBT close its doors ?

Will the 2014/15 team have a training camp facility at the new rink before season starts ?

If not, will they have there training within the BBT until the new facilities are running ?

Is the current build on schedule ?
2014/15 team will still be at the BBT our last season there, yes, yes.

Ocko

Training camp? I very very much doubt this will ever happen. Not because of the facility but because clubs don't get players in until just a few days before the first game (at best, many still arrive after). It's a penny pinching measure, if they arrive early it's extra wages with no income.

It got me thinking after listening to Whistle in his recent interview, he more or less blamed the small ice pad size as a reason for poor performance this season, due to the reduced amount of set play possibilities on that size pad. Has anybody told Whistle the rink is the same size as the BBT.

Also the works are not progressing very quickly & the site really looks small compared to aerial shots of the development, although this could just be an illusion, Green banks news on their site is a yr old and frankly rubbish.

Ocko said:
The new pad is bigger than that in the BBT.
Thank good for that, I read on the plan's, I guess they could have been a set that has been binned, as they have changed so much, that the size was the same as current BBT. :roll: