Latest rink update

James

Administrator
Not sure their advertising sales brochure tallies with that though. Look how often 'Elite Ice Hockey' is mentioned in it. Quite a lot. They are using it quite heavily to promote the advertising so must consider it of high importance. Other activities at the rink will also be less likely to be televised.

i think there will be a formal notification shortly, but the workforce will be on site in the week commencing 20 January, with the hoarding going up along the perimeter the following week, followed by site cabins and suchlike.

Obviously, apologies in advance for all the disruption.

Ocko

I'm sure on this occasion we can take the disruption on the chin Pooneil!!

Thanks for the update again, it's getting closer!

kettdevil1

Pooneil said:
i think there will be a formal notification shortly, but the workforce will be on site in the week commencing 20 January, with the hoarding going up along the perimeter the following week, followed by site cabins and suchlike.

Obviously, apologies in advance for all the disruption.
I am sure this has already been covered but......where will the work take place? I have a vague memory of someone mentioning that the car park was the main site, if so, are we going to be shifted along the road to park? Thanks.

rocketbob

Pooneil said:
Can't wait to see the hoardings going up :grin:.

Hi

The hoarding will run along the back of the current arena, taking in the overflow parking area. The parking to the front is unaffected. I understand that the Council is looking at a temporary solution for replacement parking near Toys R Us, but I'll need to check that. The pool car park will remain operational. Hope this helps.

Chris

Administrator
I drove past it today on the way to Penarth and it looked like the boards were down on the corner of the junction nearest Morrisons, there were also some vans and lorries in the back scrubland doing something, so I guess preparatory works have begun... :)

Kipper

My major concern is whether Greenbank will actually let the Devils under the current regime play out of the new arena. The club stumbles from chaos to circus with a disaffected fan base and endless bad publicity.

Greenback are investing millions into this flagship leisure destination and are unlikely to want an anchor tenant mired in failure and controversy to be associated with them. I understand that there is no written contract or legal obligation guaranteeing Cardiff Devils tenure. I am sure Jody would be in a better position to confirm this.Greenback would also no doubt insist on any tenant having a robust and viable business plan before agreeing any contracts.

The current problems with coaches and players being gassed could be the least of the club's problems in the next 12 months. Worrying times

Ocko

Kipper said:
My major concern is whether Greenbank will actually let the Devils under the current regime play out of the new arena. The club stumbles from chaos to circus with a disaffected fan base and endless bad publicity.

Greenback are investing millions into this flagship leisure destination and are unlikely to want an anchor tenant mired in failure and controversy to be associated with them. I understand that there is no written contract or legal obligation guaranteeing Cardiff Devils tenure. I am sure Jody would be in a better position to confirm this.Greenback would also no doubt insist on any tenant having a robust and viable business plan before agreeing any contracts.

The current problems with coaches and players being gassed could be the least of the club's problems in the next 12 months. Worrying times
I wouldn't say worrying times... More like a light at the end of a tunnel. Greenbank will need a tenant who wants to play at the top level, if they chose to not let PR near the place I'm sure there would be someone else willing to run it, who maybe wouldn't make us the circus that we are at the moment.

TheStub

Ocko said:
Kipper said:

I wouldn't say worrying times... More like a light at the end of a tunnel. Greenbank will need a tenant who wants to play at the top level, if they chose to not let PR near the place I'm sure there would be someone else willing to run it, who maybe wouldn't make us the circus that we are at the moment.
There may be some truth here, and may explain why there is a seemingly poorly orchestrated campaign to undermine the ownership.

Yes the ownership do themselves no favours in some regards, but every little mistake is thrown up and every minor little good move is ignored or attempted to be buried.

It's a shame that people who claim to love the team are so intent on damaging it just before we get to our new home.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Kipper said:

There is no contract with the club or Paul Ragan, there is provision in the Development agreement for free ice for 4 X 2 hr training sessions and game time to fulfil fixtures of a team playing in the top flight of British Hockey (EIHL) currently the Cardiff Devils, there is office space provided for whatever club plays there, at current market rate for the area