Latest rink update

from my limited experience of earthworks for buildings (few dealings with skate parks in the past) I figured the large indent in the floor maybe where the main pad will be. I'm going to take progress shots as I go swimming once a week :)

I'm no expert either but do buildings no longer require foundations, the drawings of the ski slope would be very near the ice pad if your photo shows the ice pad and judging by the height I would have expected to see something in the ground coming out of it, to me the site looks like a car park.

[imghttp://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/67341000/jpg/_67341581_masterplan.jpg][/img]

The ground works for the ski and mall area does not appear to be moving forward, I know its a 5 yrs plan but if all was given the green light doing all the ground work in one go would seem logical.

The main reason I ask is that the build was meant to start in August 2013 & complete end of the yr 2014, 16 months in total.

The actual build start date was February 2014, so add a 16 month build time for the rinks so completion is June 2015.

So are the Devils in the BBT for another yr ? ;:|

Arrrrrghhhh my bad I thought it was going this yr. 40 odd pages is a lot of reading, I've been going off internet news updates.

Any chance someone could update the mainstream media :lol: :roll: :RAWK :oops:

Yes I've been living and working abroad for several yrs. :DWD

For sure its great news, although I was surprised contracts have been signed now. I guess the foundations will now begin to be built.

Lets hope the team issues can be sorted and Ice Hockey becomes the biggest player in the rink on weekends and not other crowd pullers, I'd hate to be moved to mid week game schedules.

Ocko

I would be amazed if we get trumped for other events Chillee. There is still the CIA after all, which will still be a better concert venue because of the shape. We are getting full bowl seating in the rink which isn't really suited to concerts. There isn't much else that would move us IMO.

chillee said:
For sure its great news, although I was surprised contracts have been signed now. I guess the foundations will now begin to be built.

Lets hope the team issues can be sorted and Ice Hockey becomes the biggest player in the rink on weekends and not other crowd pullers, I'd hate to be moved to mid week game schedules.
It is the build contracts that have been signed signed as The Development agreement covers the users of the rink and there are no 'contracts' in place for usage after completion

Ocko said:
I would be amazed if we get trumped for other events Chillee. There is still the CIA after all, which will still be a better concert venue because of the shape. We are getting full bowl seating in the rink which isn't really suited to concerts. There isn't much else that would move us IMO.
Depends on the Ice Skating competitions or ice shows I guess would be the greatest threat unless there is a possibility of the rink being covered and used on the weekends for many many possibilities especially when the ski slope, bars and restaurants are up and running.

It will be a major crowd puller in the surrounding area, as it has an arena with facilities similar to the Dome in London, there could be issues if the Devils don't fill the arena especially at peak times.