Ladies night

ASHIPP

The lasting memory in a matchnight programme article from several seasons ago would have been enough to put anyone off going to one of these - a photo of Max Birbraer and Chris Frank topless with blindfolded lady guests playing 'Guess the Player' :oops: I think that's what a previous ownership regime described as the ' entertainment' that was provided. Cardiff's version of the London Boys....without the jock straps.

Our new ownership and management are a class act - they know how to put on classy events and everyone knows how to behave properly whilst having tons of fun......hopefully the guests will do the same. :cool: A great way to thank the sponsors - but many clubs in the sport combine this kind of event with an awards night at the end of the season which would be more appropriate.

Doubt this will have any impact at all on the players' on-ice performance - they do have lives outside of the sport and seem to be managing their social/free time so far this season!

Electro

Doubt this will have any impact at all on the players' on-ice performance - they do have lives outside of the sport and seem to be managing their social/free time so far this season!
I no right.

The amount of times I've seen them in FYEO it's commendable and frankly the amount of whiskey they consume is simply staggering.

I hope those ladies have a lot of stamina.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E.D.S.

Joking aside this has been a nightmare in the past and we haven't faired well after this event. Could be a coincidence of course.
I think Samael summed it up perfectly.

We have had Ladies nights, Gentlemans Night, Awards nights, Bowling Nights, Meet the player Skating, inside and out. .... And always people complain. It is sexist, should not be men only or woman only, children only, blah blah there will always be someone pissed off, why can't people just let people enjoy themselves with out upsetting others and being generally rude.... Life is too short for nastiness, we all want to meet the players for what ever reason .... So can we all just be nice please xx

Samael

See now theres two things in that paragraph I agree with, it's sexist and people will always be pissed off. The rest is, well let's just say you're not doing your fellow female fans any favours (assuming you are female) because it's idealistic rainbows and unicorns bollocks. I'd rather we were "nice" at the end of the season when we have 3 trophies and a conference title, and kisses are not full stops, just saying.

We have had Ladies nights, Gentlemans Night, Awards nights, Bowling Nights, Meet the player Skating, inside and out. .... And always people complain. It is sexist, should not be men only or woman only, children only, blah blah there will always be someone pissed off, why can't people just let people enjoy themselves with out upsetting others and being generally rude.... Life is too short for nastiness, we all want to meet the players for what ever reason .... So can we all just be nice please xx

Finny

Time for me to be serious on here for a moment.

Too often I forget that my sense of humour doesn't always come across well on a forum like this. Especially when the percentage of people who read this forum and actually know me is very small.

My decision to post what is effectively an in-joke amongst friends was extremely ill-judged and the language used completely unacceptable. For those who did read it and were upset or offended I sincerely apologise and would like to clarify that I neither meant or believe the things I said.
In the past my sister and close friends have attended this event and looking back if such comments had been posted about them I would be equally as angry and upset as some have been at my comments.

I'd like to thanks the Mods for acting swiftly in editing my comments before more people read them and if they feel it would be better to delete them completely I would agree.

Once again my sincerest apologies to anyone who read the comments.

Too often I forget that my sense of humour doesn't always come across well on a forum like this. Especially when the percentage of people who read this forum and actually know me is very small.

My decision to post what is effectively an in-joke amongst friends was extremely ill-judged and the language used completely unacceptable. For those who did read it and were upset or offended I sincerely apologise and would like to clarify that I neither meant or believe the things I said.
In the past my sister and close friends have attended this event and looking back if such comments had been posted about them I would be equally as angry and upset as some have been at my comments.

I'd like to thanks the Mods for acting swiftly in editing my comments before more people read them and if they feel it would be better to delete them completely I would agree.

I get you and found it slightly amusing, but in these times where offence is so easily taken it probably wasnt a wise choice of words

Samael

This is a rare thing indeed, someone admitting they were wrong on an internet forum. If I wore hats I'd tip mine to you Finny as it takes a lot of humility to publicly apologise like that.

I thought your posts were funny, but I also find Frankie Boyle funny too so........

Anyway I have no idea who you are or what the in-joke is but it just made a change from reading the usual grammatically incorrect "DEVILS ARE BRILLIANT:);) *stupid dancing banana emoji* HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS!!!" type of posts that have been flooding these boards for as long as I've been lurking and posting here. Having said that though the joke wasn't on me so it's all too easy to laugh at the expense of others I guess. Draw a line under it and move on now then?

NEXT!

Electro

It's very easy to be misunderstood and then condemned, trial by evidence, on a forum. Maybe Finny this will be something you can learn from in future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See now theres two things in that paragraph I agree with, it's sexist and people will always be pissed off. The rest is, well let's just say you're not doing your fellow female fans any favours (assuming you are female) because it's idealistic rainbows and unicorns bollocks. I'd rather we were "nice" at the end of the season when we have 3 trophies and a conference title, and kisses are not full stops, just saying.
OK ... No kisses however my name is Sandra I am most definitely female, the name may be a clue it is a girls name. I find your tone disparaging nothing in my paragraph was trying to do any fans favours simply voicing my opinion which on a public forum I thought I was allowed to do. I apologise if my kisses offend you I will be jumping for joy when we win the three trophies and the conference title along with all the other fans male or female... All of us being nice together while you are miserable with no one to kiss

Samael

tbh, your gender or anyone elses on here is irrelevant, much like ladies night. Again I do agree with you on one thing, this is a forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion, just don't take it personally when someone expresses a view that isnt the same as your own.

Oh and I'll be very happy at the end of the season if we do the treble and conference. Who I have to kiss is my business!
:p
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p