Ladies night

Finny

When you consider how many different owners we've had in recent years I've always wondered how they've been able to explain Ladies Night to them

"So Mr New Owner, each year we have a Ladies Night where female fans pay £40-£50 for a posh meal and various entertainment"
"That sounds nice. What do the male fans do?"
"Oh they're not allowed to go."
"Really? Even their partners?"
"Especially their partners"
"So it's just female fans?"
"Yes. And the players"
"Oh. And the players' partners I assume?"
"Good god no."
"So it's just Ladies. And Players."
"And Alcohol"
"But no partners?"
"Correct"
"Hmmm, but it's a posh event yes?"
"Very posh. The players even start off in Tux's"
"Great! Wait.... start off in Tux's......what do they end up in?"
"Well that depends how much gets drunk. Most of them don't end up completely naked.....unfortunately..."
"I'm not sure about this. Does it happen before or after the season starts"
"Oh we put it bang in the middle of the season just as things start to get to really important"
"Dear lord! Really? And this doesn't affect their performance at all?"
"Not at all........Well........our form dips every year immediately after it. To such an extent that most fans claim it's a curse. But it's probably just a coincidence"
"Hmmmm........ and we did this back when we won league titles?"
"Errr....no. In fact we haven't won a league title since we started doing it."
"..........."
"Tell you what. You have a think and we'll just go ahead and book it all just in case...."

Electro

When you consider how many different owners we've had in recent years I've always wondered how they've been able to explain Ladies Night to them

"So Mr New Owner, each year we have a Ladies Night where female fans pay £40-£50 for a posh meal and various entertainment"
"Yes. And the players"
"Good god no."
"And Alcohol"
"But no partners?"
"Correct"
"Well that depends how much gets drunk. Most of them don't end up completely naked.....unfortunately..."
"Oh we put it bang in the middle of the season just as things start to get to really important"
"Not at all........Well........our form dips every year immediately after it. To such an extent that most fans claim it's a curse. But it's probably just a coincidence"
"..........."
"Tell you what. You have a think and we'll just go ahead and book it all just in case...."
You forgot to mention it happens in a hotel.

I wonder how many guys have just had a wake up call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dread to think

By the way I have never or will I ever attend one of these evenings, the name alone puts me off.

I simply enjoy the game like any other Ice Hockey fan.

Last edited:

Sheincar

Thread starter #29

"Yes. And the players"
"Good god no."
"And Alcohol"
"But no partners?"
"Correct"
"..........."
Slightly accurate but you conveniently ignore last season's Gentlemens' Evening which was poorly attended, presumably as so few gentlemen around. Also players no longer provided with Tuxedos. You seem to be judging the event on the Fleur Burge seasons.

drainage

"Yes. And the players"
"Good god no."
"And Alcohol"
"But no partners?"
"Correct"
"..........."
Fairly sure the gap between last league win and starting ladies night doesn't mean ladies night = losing league it may be an inconvenient truth but am sure ladies nights are a relatively recent phenomenon when compared to last league win feel free to correct me

I don't agree it causes players to lose form but if it can be proven it does then look to the professional players that allow it to ! But my biggest issue is with your reference to slappers and then the inference the players call female fans that

There was rightly a lot of outrage at the use of term some woman recently .... Correctly seen as undermining females involved in sport. Referring to female fans who elect to put money into the club and attend ladies night as slappers is to me equally offensive , I won't be going though personal choice but many who will are in fact simply fans another inconvenient truth I suspect

Chris

Administrator
Right...

Finny i've edited your posts, whilst I don't necessarily disagree with you I think @DevilDom might have summed it up best in his post :):
Lots of good points Finny, very badly put though!

I'd wear a crash helmet and cricket box at the weekend if I were you!
A user has been banned and all posts deleted, this version of the forum helpfully makes it very clear what users have shared accounts, we haven't needed to use that until now. But if you need to create another account to say something that you wouldn't post from your main account then maybe it's not such a good idea to post at all.

Otherwise, all things resumed, although it would be nice if everyone could keep it civil :)

Samael

oh FFS I missed all the drama, I'm dying to know what Kanye's ego (lol @ that user name btw) said, although I can guess the tone of it.

Anyway, the whole concept of ladies night (or gentleman's for that matter) is naff. What EXACTLY have they got to do with Ice hockey? What is their relevance?

I'm not going to suggest it has an impact on performance because there really is no proof, and while the EIHL isn't a professional league, it's getting there and the players adopt a professional attitude these days what with physio, training and diet. Events like these though really are a step backwards to the days where players had day jobs. I personally think these sorts of "events" are a relic of old days and need to die out as they do nothing to promote the Cardiff Devils as a professional club of the modern era in a league aspiring to be viewed as professional.