Jeff Pierce joins the Devils!

wildthing74

Sounds like a perfect fit for that line and looks like were going for a bigger forward line to drive the net.
Stats are good and looks like G may have unearthed another possible gem.

osh

What's so wrong with J.B's opinion ? I think he's got it wrong myself, as stated, no one knew what Pelle would do last year ( can't see him repeating it with Belfast as other teams are more aware of him now, which could mean someone else on his team may be the stand out scorer) but Pierce comes with good recommendations from fellow players so that means so much more than either mine or anyone else's opinions tbh. So, let's allow j.b his opinion, and hope he is proven wrong.

Wannabe2

Looks like another great signing by the guvnor, welcome to Cardiff Jeff, you will have a blast here. The 1st line is shaping up nicely, as is the whole of this seasons signings, good times to be a Devils fan.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Rempel16

Nothing wrong with an opinion Osh. Everyone is entitled to one.

In J.B's case, I am fed up of reading comments that debilerately play down signings, or question how much we are spending, but then respond with 'blinkers' on about their own team (that is if the Blaze are actually J.B's team - I have my doubts).

Tried getting decent debate but it just seems the poster is intent on disagreeing without seeing the point.

Anyways, back to Pierce..... I'm definitely excited by this signing, and considering that 3-4 weeks ago it was looking bleak as to whether we would have a team, i'm actually starting to believe that we could be up there competing for top 3 again.

Wannabe2

Rempel16 said:

In J.B's case, I am fed up of reading comments that debilerately play down signings, or question how much we are spending, but then respond with 'blinkers' on about their own team (that is if the Blaze are actually J.B's team - I have my doubts).

Tried getting decent debate but it just seems the poster is intent on disagreeing without seeing the point.

Anyways, back to Pierce..... I'm definitely excited by this signing, and considering that 3-4 weeks ago it was looking bleak as to whether we would have a team, i'm actually starting to believe that we could be up there competing for top 3 again.
Even higher than that i reckon. ;)

Wannabe2 said:
Rempel16 said:

Even higher than that i reckon. ;)
You say that every season,

HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

I like this signing myself, i dont think we can expect him to just fill the void Pelle has left but if he can fill 2/3 of it then i will be happy, so long as we can bring in another player to fill that final 1/3 of scoring! if you get what i mean........ :lol:

I've just spoken to a friend who played for the Jackalopes last season and he reckons that Jeff is a top signing. So well done G and Franny! I'm really looking forward to see who the rest of their signings will be!

I work with sawyers ex and they're still very good friends, she has spoken to Justin and seen pierce play and were in for a treat with how much they big him up, very skilful and very quick and Sharp minded

E.D.S.

J.B said:
E.D.S. said:
A certain Mr Fulgram went from hero to zero in the space of 12 months.
Did he? :? Many fans thought he had a better season last year than he did in the title winning team and scored more points.

Just giving my opinion as that is what forums are for. As I said, looks decent but doesn't leave me going "wow". Sorry about that.
I was referring to his stats which is what you're quite keen to judge a player on. Was it 50 goals 2 years ago and how many last year?

ASHIPP

J.B said:
Looks like he should be a decent player but if he is expected to play on the 1st line and replace Pelle, perhaps would have hoped for slightly better?
Oh dear, J.B. You should know by now that who a player is partnered with can have as much influence on statistics as his own individual skill. :roll:
If a pairing clicks, the line will be effective. :cool:

Jeff is joining the Devils via the MBA programme and will have a particular role to fulfill on the team. Very excited to see how he's going to contribute, particularly having played with Chris Frank before. Well done to G and Franny for securing another exciting player to the roster.

Welcome to The Devils and Cardiff, Jeff. :cool:

TheStub

The thing that impressed me is his point production. Compared to Pelle, they are both around the point a game mark at CHL level (with Pierce slightly ahead - even in his slowest season) and both are almost 50/50 goals and assists.

Very similar stats. Almost identical. With good setup men, a larger body may do even better than Pelle, although Jon was very strong on the puck.

If we saw a Matzka esq - and how I hope the Matzka rumor is true - play making center I can see that line being equally productive, even if it is Max and the centre poaching more goals.

drainage

I am starting to feel a whole heap better about the team now !! what a difference a couple of weeks and signings make..... things looking better in my view and starting to look forward to new season :)

E.D.S. said:
J.B said:
I was referring to his stats which is what you're quite keen to judge a player on. Was it 50 goals 2 years ago and how many last year?
Believe it was 43 last year in the league and 48 the year before. Not quite sure of the relevance though?

I gave my opinion and clearly most of you don't agree. Fair enough. Surprised that anyone could think I'm not a Blaze fan though :?