Inferno Exclusive!! - The REAL reason the game is delayed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

august04

Does this mean that we can now forget the cancelled ferry/stormy weather theory?!
If true, someone needs to be given their P45. Interesting to note that the Devils website never went down the "bad weather" line, describing the problem as "transport issues". I suppose that could cover this scenario!!

Bezza

If a mistake was made by whoever with regards to the transport of the team/Equipment then I am sure lessons will be learnt. For people who 'listen to gossip' to say that it must have been the driver with the equipment's fault, are being very unfair. What ever happened it is down to the club to deal with in the appropriate manner .... but to call for him to be sacked is wrong!!!!!
Does it really matter now, if it was the fault of ...'the weather, 'the cancelled ferry' 'the driver' etc etc .... what's done is done ..... we need to get over it and look forward to the coming games this weekend!!! :p RED ARMY!!

Chris

Administrator
I've just trawled through pages and pages of yada yada...and all I'm thinking about is poor Paul and Trebsy. Spare a thought for these 2 guys who have been up since the crack of dawn, driven to Belfast Port to be told the ferries were cancelled, had to sort out another route, drove from Belfast to Dublin, got the ferry across to Holyhead, have been driving since half 3 this afternoon to get down to Cardiff so there can be a game, they are both absolutely knackered, I'm sure they'll both enjoy reading all the moaning about not receiving a damn phone call!!!!

Well done guys, you're superstars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx
So in one post the guys are taking too much stick, then someone goes on to say the ferry may have been missed because the kit guys were not up in time due to the events of the previous night and you come out with...
Yep with us. LOL, it was worth it though!!!!!!!
Really failing to see how that could possibly have been worth it for the people who waited for the game to start, those who managed to make the game or those who didn't manage to make the game...

chris :?

Finny

Thread starter #24
Calling for a person to be sacked for one mistake is a bit OTT. I would expend them to get a severe warning though.

If it wasn't the first such mistake they had made though, then that would be a different matter..

DevilDom

Finny said:
Calling for a person to be sacked for one mistake is a bit OTT. I would expend them to get a severe warning though.

If it wasn't the first such mistake they had made though, then that would be a different matter..
Sorry I disagree. For the vast majority of people if they were unable to do the main function of their job (i.e. get the kit back to the rink in time) because they were too drunk to get up in time (to catch the ferry) and this cost the organisation they were working for a significant amount of money (in lost revenue) then I think that amounts to gross misconduct for which 90% of people would be fired for without warning. This also doesn't take into account the impact on the teams performance and the affect of a half-empty rink on team moral / support in trying to win the game.

I wasn't initially that bothered by the game being put back, but when I found out this was the real reason I was livid.

Jones72

:shock:

I was sat here earlier, working away, when I thought I felt an earthquake.

Now I know what it was...the seismic effect of simultaneous collision between multiple jaws and the floor in and around the Cardiff area.

I was going to quote...but I don't think I need to. Great stuff!

DevilDom

James said:
Was he drinking because he missed the ferry or missed the ferry because he was drinking ?
From what I heard the ferry was missed in the morning because the driver was hammered the night before and didn't get up in time. I believe the original plan was to get the ferry straight after the game, however that was missed due to face-off being put back by the Giants.

drainage

I'd prefer to take Finnys theory -

Brad wanting to watch Dr Who - :lol: :lol:

Driver missing ferry due to a big night on tiles - :x :x :x

IF (and thats IF) its true what a spectacular own goal ..... you couldnt make that up !!

osh

Surely until the organisation reveals what actually happened, a lot of gun jumping is going on. Accusations and counter accusations are being made and others are feeding off what could or should have happened etc. I'm sure that the organisation are hugely embarrassed by the whole affair and I feel they should release a statement one way or another to put us all out of our misery. I'm sure lessons have been learned and a contingency plan put in place for future matches in Belfast. Zero points, a lousy weekend all round really eh

ASHIPP

A statement of some sort would probably be appropriate from the Club. I know a lot of Cardiff based Devils fans didn't return to see the game last night. Imagine how frustrating it was for those fans who had travelled from far away who didn't have any option but to kill 3 extra hours waiting for face-off...and having to travel home for work the next day! I travelled from Plymouth yesterday - won't tell anyone what time I got home! Not to mention Panthers fans who had no option either. :x

But it's not all bad news - I had a sexy dream featuring Brad Voth last night (I AM female, by the way!) so I can still smile (a lot, infact!) about the whole thing! ;)

drainage

ASHIPP said:
A statement of some sort would probably be appropriate from the Club. I know a lot of Cardiff based Devils fans didn't return to see the game last night. Imagine how frustrating it was for those fans who had travelled from far away who didn't have any option but to kill 3 extra hours waiting for face-off...and having to travel home for work the next day! I travelled from Plymouth yesterday - won't tell anyone what time I got home! Not to mention Panthers fans who had no option either. :x

But it's not all bad news - I had a sexy dream featuring Brad Voth last night (I AM female, by the way!) so I can still smile (a lot, infact!) about the whole thing! ;)
Dream about Brad eh - please tell me Mr T and Dr Who werent in it :lol: :lol:

DevilDom said:
Shiney35 said:
DevilDom said:
I know the real reason the kit was late.

I was told by a source at the clube that the driver got drunk in Belfast last night and missed his ferry this morning!
Yep with us. LOL, it was worth it though!!!!!!!

Well, it might have been worth it for you, but I'm sure the Devils management arn't thinking that this morning with the lost revenue from the game and the possible impact on the performance, especially as some players only had a few minutes warm up. I would estimate that last nights attendance was about half what it would have been had the game started on time. Add in the knock affect of all the extras bought at the rink and it adds up to a costly piss-up by you and your friend for the club.

Get a life, my comment 'it was worth it' was a tongue in cheek post as the nature of all these threads are pretty pathetic. Chris you should know better and know I would not post something inflamatory. I was there with all the devils fans in Belfast and as usual the old rumour mongers are upto their normal tricks. On about sacking people, unbelievable!!!!!! The dirvers were not out getting drunk, so stop the witch hunt now.

The drivers worked their Boll*#s of to get the kit back so that there could be a game last night. About time you all started to give them the respect that they are due. Shame on you Devil Fans who are criticising the drivers.

DevilDom said:
How Sliput can say it was worth it amazes me.
Bit harsh on Sliput to say they never even posted on this thread! :lol:

So we've gone from terrible weather leading to a ferry cancellation, missing a second ferry later in the evening, to having a drunk bus driver who couldn't get out of bed the next morning. Chinese whispers are a wonderful thing!

How about 'circumstances beyond everyone's control' being thrown into the mix as well?!

James

Administrator
Holl_5 said:
So we've gone from terrible weather leading to a ferry cancellation, missing a second ferry later in the evening, to having a drunk bus driver who couldn't get out of bed the next morning. Chinese whispers are a wonderful thing!

How about 'circumstances beyond everyone's control' being thrown into the mix as well?!
Well said. Can we consider what we are saying please and leave it at that. _If_ there are any issues other than 'circumstances beyond everyone's control' then the club will no doubt take appropriate action. I don't want to lock the thread but can people take a deep breath before posting. Failing that we'll have to create some [joke] and [sarcasm] tags for a quieter life :D

Jones72

Holl_5 said:
DevilDom said:
How Sliput can say it was worth it amazes me.
Bit harsh on Sliput to say they never even posted on this thread! :lol:

"An act of God" will no doubt be rolled out as the "latest" rumour at some point, but I am reliably informed that Doug McEwen had absolutely no involvement in the developments relating to the delay of the game what so ever.

[JOKE]

DevilDom said:
I know the real reason the kit was late.

I was told by a source at the clube that the driver got drunk in Belfast last night and missed his ferry this morning!
well i heard from a source at the club that the ferry was delayed?..so i guess no one really knows.
who was your so called 'source'??

Holl_5 said:

completely agree.

ASHIPP said:
Imagine how frustrating it was for those fans who had travelled from far away who didn't have any option but to kill 3 extra hours waiting for face-off...and having to travel home for work the next day! I travelled from Plymouth yesterday - won't tell anyone what time I got home!
Spoke to a few on the way in who were going home, but not living in Cardiff we couldn't really go and come back so after deciding I wasn't going to go skating by myself (I tried to persuade my mother to put some skates on but it wasn't happening), and due to the boredom of sitting down waiting the week before, we walked all the way to the other side of the bay over by the Millennium Centre. Got some lovely touristy type photo's of the Millennium Centre, the Roald Dahls Plass thing, and a few statues, only problem is its pitch black and my camera doesn't have a light on it so only I can work out what they are :lol: I'm proud of how far we walked and it certainly killed the time and boredom :D Good thing it wasn't raining!

Finny said:

Apparently not their first mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.