Increased activity outside IAW …..

It’s a joke ! Getting beyond now ! All of our life’s are getting controlled by idiots that people vote for ! When they are going to admit that they are in the wrong I don’t know , we need to get on with our life’s I don’t know about everyone else and I will have slate for this but just get on with our life’s we are not born to be locked up and not doing things we love ! I personally just carnt see no end too it

Have you looked at Todd on the Heart News Wales twitter feed interview?
That shiny white stuff that goes almost up to the box doors is not dirty grey concrete base is it.?
So if that is ice why hasn’t the lines and sponsors been painted in to it ?? The concrete looks as if there is ice on the rink but ay o not getting into a arqument about something so petty

Diafol

From tonight's "BBC Wales Today":

"The First Minister says that Wales' two ice rinks have yet to reopen due to scientific advice.
Mark Drakeford says senior Welsh Government advisers have highlighted particular dangers posed by very cold and closed environments but he says they're talking to Ice Arena Wales in Cardiff Bay about the possibility of reopening it for professional sporting purposes".

matbur

For those who have lost loved ones due to Covid this will sound quite stupid, but the Devils stopping playing has actually been one of the toughest things I've personally endured during the whole lockdown situation (which has also included a loss of income). Watched the Devils is something that my other half and I look forward to each week and following the highs and lows of the team is just a big part of our lives - it's left a huge hole, so when I say I miss hockey and can't wait to get back to the arena, I sincerely mean it.

However, and I don't wish to get too political, I feel as a nation, Wales have managed the difficulties of the last year or so reasonably well. I agree at times it feels the approach has been cautious but there hasn't been anything like the flip-flopping and like what has been witnessed over the border and safety does seem to the priority, which ultimately is the right thing to do.

Obviously frustration and confusion reigns, but there isn't always a 'correct option' - the people in power making these decisions are constantly weighing up risk against multiple factors whilst having a duty to public health and normal life.

I just feel quite conflicted as I know I'm going to struggle if we're still unable to have that normality of Devils hockey to look forward to each week when the season should be starting, but I just want the government to make the right decision for public health reasons.

matbur

Probably mid/late July, but having fans in is another problem. No fans no club.
If the current trend of cases are doubling every 7-10 days (as I understand it) continues, we'd be looking at a 300% plus increase of cases by then.

Also, we need to factor in after that, we're heading back into autumn/winter again. I don't feel optimistic unless they can say enough people are vaccinated.

moggy#9

For those who have lost loved ones due to Covid this will sound quite stupid, but the Devils stopping playing has actually been one of the toughest things I've personally endured during the whole lockdown situation (which has also included a loss of income). Watched the Devils is something that my other half and I look forward to each week and following the highs and lows of the team is just a big part of our lives - it's left a huge hole, so when I say I miss hockey and can't wait to get back to the arena, I sincerely mean it.

However, and I don't wish to get too political, I feel as a nation, Wales have managed the difficulties of the last year or so reasonably well. I agree at times it feels the approach has been cautious but there hasn't been anything like the flip-flopping and like what has been witnessed over the border and safety does seem to the priority, which ultimately is the right thing to do.

Obviously frustration and confusion reigns, but there isn't always a 'correct option' - the people in power making these decisions are constantly weighing up risk against multiple factors whilst having a duty to public health and normal life.

I just feel quite conflicted as I know I'm going to struggle if we're still unable to have that normality of Devils hockey to look forward to each week when the season should be starting, but I just want the government to make the right decision for public health reasons.
I had no problem with the cautious approach when it was what the evidence suggested was right and vaccinations were yet to come. What's happening now though seems to be more about dogma and a lack of leadership.

moggy#9

I respectfully disagree, the landscape is changing as numbers are increasing again.
The statistics suggest that the vaccination programme is breaking the link between infection and hospitalisation. Of those being hospitalised the average age is now, I believe, under 30. Given the progress of vaccination and other measures, and the evidence of the trial events I think that there is scope for the rink too be open.

august04 2.0

I respectfully disagree, the landscape is changing as numbers are increasing again.
Case numbers are increasing but the most vulnerable in Wales are protected and that’s why hospitalisations and deaths still remain very low. Drakeford keeps banging on that we’re 3 weeks behind England and Scotland but hospitalisations and deaths are still low there too, despite increasing case numbers. That’s why both those countries have the confidence to have given dates to end restrictions, allowing businesses to try to prepare for normality again. The link between case numbers and hospitalisations has been broken. Do we publicise how many people catch other respiratory viruses or other illnesses every day, like we still obsessively do with this virus? No, we don’t. It’s time to get on with life. If the NHS was under pressure (as was supposed to be the whole reason anyway for the initial lockdown), I’d have a different opinion and might agree more with you, but that is simply not the case now given the successful vaccination roll out. This reduction in our civil liberties is just not acceptable anymore. For those who don’t agree, then you have the choice to stay locked away.