Increased activity outside IAW …..

Earnie

Hi Steve - by the time they have translated the article into Welsh they will have lost track of what the subject matter was. Their interpretation will be bizarre , guaranteed.
(and that’s from a Welsh speaker)

Diafol

A letter in this morning's I newspaper:

"As we watched Andy Murray and a court full of excited cheering tennis fans on Monday, I asked my husband why theatres, music venues and churches are still unable to welcome back full audiences.

He said because they are inside venues and Centre Court is outside.

And then they closed the roof..."

Kevlar68

What gets me is with all these places like Wimbledon and wembly yesterday if you saw the fans no social distancing, no masks, singing, screaming and hugging BUT to bend all the governments own rules they label them "test events".
Even with it being an outdoor event with that many people that close with no mask projecting mouth particles further than 2 meters due to shouting and singing how is that safer than being in an arena fully masked up?

moggy#9

What gets me is with all these places like Wimbledon and wembly yesterday if you saw the fans no social distancing, no masks, singing, screaming and hugging BUT to bend all the governments own rules they label them "test events".
Even with it being an outdoor event with that many people that close with no mask projecting mouth particles further than 2 meters due to shouting and singing how is that safer than being in an arena fully masked up?
It's all about political influence. Perhaps the devils would have more luck if they affiliated to the wru.

august04 2.0

It looks like the UK government have decided that England will have to learn to live with Covid, and are opening up fully on July 19, restrictions in schools included (although won’t really effect schools much until September) - reportedly with the blessing of CMO Prof Chris Whitty. You would assume the Wales CMO, Dr. Frank Atherton, would be following the same advice from SAGE as Prof Whitty, so will we be doing the same in Wales?

august04 2.0

Well if we don’t, I’d like Dr. Frank Artherton to explain what scientific evidence he’s following that's so different from Prof. Whitty, who himself has been cautious throughout the pandemic. That shouldn’t be too much to ask.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #316
Surely Drakeford should be consistent in his cold location logic! The rink is cold = closed. Walk down the frozen isle at my local Tesco Extra and it’s like the Antarctic!

So why isn’t that closed and the shop made to present customers with frozen items rather than allow them to walk down there and browse, wallow away, chat etc for a good 15-20 mins? Isn’t that of equal risk?

Hmmm!

august04 2.0

Heledd Fychan kindly raised the issue in the Senedd today. From the ministers response, I'd anticipate a partial opening to professionals only from the next review. Vid here or shorter version on twitter. https://t.co/BcIF1soWls?amp=1
The question is at 4 h 21 minutes but the very brief answer was right at the end. Still banging on about cold temperatures, which doesn't fill me hope that they’ve got the message about the ability to change the temperature within the arena and the state of the art air conditioning/airflow capabilities.

Kevlar68

I cant see why we can't open to start with to double jab spectators showing proof of jabs and all spectators no matter what age wear masks at all times.
I would think a high percentage of fan base have had double jab.
It's a start at least and i think it would be over 50% of fan base.

Wannabe2

I cant see why we can't open to start with to double jab spectators showing proof of jabs and all spectators no matter what age wear masks at all times.
I would think a high percentage of fan base have had double jab.
It's a start at least and i think it would be over 50% of fan base.
All or nothing mate, from all perspectives.