Icetime TV

KaneDevils

Seems odd to me that some missed virtually the whole game, others missed bits and for some it was perfect.
For me it was a bit ropey. Started fine, then kept on getting blurry purple bits, and random split second stoppages. Then it crashed completely for about 5 - 10 minutes. When it returned it reverted back to how it was at the start. Overall, a 7 out of ten.

Very sad that some of you missed almost the whole game, but I don't get how so many of us had different experiences. Just to add, I only have standard broadband with sky. The only explanation I can muster is that those who had a perfect webcast have fiber and those who missed out completely are with a low key provider, such as talk talk?

Gaz G

I've got bog standard broadband with talk talk and I mean bog standard. Don't know if it makes any difference but I made sure anything else that can connect to our wi-fi was turned off. Worked great.

Seems odd to me that some missed virtually the whole game, others missed bits and for some it was perfect.
For me it was a bit ropey. Started fine, then kept on getting blurry purple bits, and random split second stoppages. Then it crashed completely for about 5 - 10 minutes. When it returned it reverted back to how it was at the start. Overall, a 7 out of ten.

Very sad that some of you missed almost the whole game, but I don't get how so many of us had different experiences. Just to add, I only have standard broadband with sky. The only explanation I can muster is that those who had a perfect webcast have fiber and those who missed out completely are with a low key provider, such as talk talk?
On a weekly basis it's never great for me, but I have put that solely down to my pretty poor basic connection ( SKY basic, I cannot get fibre in my area) but today was something else... huge periods of the game when it just showed as a connection error. I got the last 10 minutes and the celebrations, thankfully. Hope it gets looked in to though

Rob Batch

I am surprised I had no issues but others did. Normally it's the other way round for me. I thought it was because I lived in Essex, it was further to travel, down the cable or whatever! Techno-retarded..

KaneDevils

My download speed is like 4. Something, not sure if that's good or bad? The last webcast I purchased was near perfect.
All a bit odd at the differences experienced.

It's still pains me that it couldn't be televised what with like a hundred odd channels constantly screening utter shit.

I watched the game in Shooters bar, part of the bierkeller complex, the bar were charged £500 to stream it, everyone was charged £5.00 to watch it, and there were big chunks missing and lots of downtime. I think on the whole ice time TV should be making it up to people in some way, surely they can't charge for a game that for the majority of people, they didn't provide?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Failure to fullfil their end of the contract....some law guy should know more
The stream was "not fit for purpose"
For some viewers!
Others can tug them selves to sleep over the goals they got to see lucky b******s

Devil_Abroad

I tested it on four different devices (broadband and Phone) when it was apparent some were having problems and they announced they were working on it - all four worked. Maybe they had more than one server and some of us were fortunate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russky, it sounds like you were incredibly fortunate with the Icetime TV coverage you had. Looking at twitter, I was one of many to have hardly (if any) coverage!

I am delighted with the victory for the Devils tonight. However, I am angered and appalled by the disgracefully unprofessional actions by those at IcetimeTV today. I was not fortunate enough to secure a ticket. Despite this, I thought I was in safe hands knowing I could watch and support the team on IcetimeTV. How wrong was I? I caught perhaps 10 minutes of the game, and even that was with heavy interruptions and pauses. I missed all 3 Devils goals and not only am I extremely disappointed to miss seeing the large majority of a game where the Devils won a trophy, a group of friends and I were even charged £10 for it! Judging by twitter, hundreds of us were left in the lurch by an unprofessional group who were clearly unprepared for the amount of viewers who would be accessing the stream - it's a cup final, how can you be left surprised by this!? Before anybody disagrees with that point, the tweets IcetimeTV sent out prove how unprepared they were. 'We are just resetting server guys' in the middle of the game; 'the site has crashed'; refusing to put the stream on YouTube when fans desperate to see the game requested it.

The bits I did see included interviews with people who's microphones were turned off; the entire stream's audio failing on numerous occasions; and the three presenters shouting things after the game on the ice when clearly unaware they were on air. Unprofessional and I'm appalled that I've been charged £10 for the 'privilege' of missing seeing my team win a cup. Refunds all round!
I'm with you dude. Almost exactly in the same boat, had friends over to watch the big game then looked a total fool when i couldn't even sign in to icetime tv. Had a look on here and seen that some were having the same issues. I've never had any issues with the webcast before but it just sucks it had to happen for this game.

Happy for those who got to watch the game but also fully understand why so many feel annoyed and angry that they couldn't, me being one of those.
Luckily for me after literally trying to get it to work for 2 hours my friend managed to sign up and we ended up buying the £10 webcast to watch about 10 minutes of hockey. On one hand I am happy that we managed to see the end of the game and us lifting the trophy. But on the other, very disappointed and angry that this was so poorly managed and confusing as hell as to why it would work fine for others, not so well for some, and outright not work for what i am guessing, was a lot of people....
It might sound silly but what really annoyed me....actually, even hurt...was when i was trying to sign in and watch it but couldn't, was the fact that I in someway couldn't be part of what was happening. I couldn't support my team, after watching them play over the years and going through the bad times of a few years ago, I couldn't get to see them play and i felt totally helpless.
Maybe a bit over the top or what have you, but a loyal supporter being denied in a way of supporting the team sucks. Like i said i managed to get the last 10 minutes but still leaves a bad taste in the mouth on what was an amazing performance and result.

august04

Cup finals like this need to be televised, end of. Premier Sports, Frontrunner, BBC red button - anywhere, to allow people to watch it. Streaming is just too unpredictable, in EIHL circles anyway, and I've had many problems at the likes of Blaze and Storm webcasts this season. Now it's Icetimetv's turn I'm afraid, who have done the game a dis-service tonight. The only disappointment of a great event.

matbur

Another thing Ice Time need to sort out is their microphone volume levels, someone starts speaking and you struggle to hear them so turn up the volume, then another person talks and it's really loud.

I know they're a small company doing this stuff and probably learning the ropes as they go but presumably they are benefiting from the additional interest in the Devils this year and need to be taking their production delivery to the next level.

Russky

I agree the game should be televised free to air so that's BBC and Frontrunner in the running. Last year the BBC televised it via the BBC. sport website, I was able to access it on my tv via my bt youview box. Yesterday I watched it via icetime webcast up to halfway through the first period break when my internet went down. I missed the second period due to my internet crashing, which coincided with icetime TV's server problems, My internet came back after about half an hour or so. As soon as it did I was able to re-access the webcast in the last minute of the 2nd period. From then on it was fine. I was more annoyed with BT for my internet crashing but I still managed to see 2/3rds of the game and all the post game celebrations and Interviews.

I have a great deal of sympathy for ALL those who were a lot less fortunate than myself.

If you bought the webcast , give it a few days and the whole game should be available on their (similar to) ON Demand service which you can get via the Icetime tv website. Also Frontrunner's highlights show this week might feature the Cup final at some point

E.D.S.

I am a total techno phobe so apologies for the vagueness of this response. I stream it to my TV via apple TV. If I stream it from my Apple Air Book laptop thing, it's very stop start. If I stream it from my iPad (I think it's an iPad 3) it's perfect. No idea why. I don't tend to get any problems with Ice Time TV. In the early days, yes, but not any more. Other streams from Manchester and Edinburgh are hit and miss but never with Ice Time. Bizarre.

I bought mine a few days before and the stream was a bit flakey throughout the match. It did freeze once or twice and I was a bit annoyed but overall a good service.

Not to jump on IceTime's backs, but it doesn't look as though you can access the On Demand copy of the game at the moment either. I missed the third period yesterday and had intended to watch it back when I got in, but clicking on the link to do so just leads me to a page which claims I'm trying to access protected content... I've e-mailed them to see if that's going to change, surely they can't charge £10 for the webcast and then charge again for on demand.

pjj365

In more general terms we seem to have suffered with "poor" webcast around the league this year

Is it just Devils or have others suffered - do we know?

I'm guessing that servers and bandwidth are just not up to the demand our fans (and maybe others) put on them. Success brings different problems

Not to jump on IceTime's backs, but it doesn't look as though you can access the On Demand copy of the game at the moment either. I missed the third period yesterday and had intended to watch it back when I got in, but clicking on the link to do so just leads me to a page which claims I'm trying to access protected content... I've e-mailed them to see if that's going to change, surely they can't charge £10 for the webcast and then charge again for on demand.
In fairness to them, they've just announced on Twitter that the game is available to watch back via On Demand now.

Diafol

The finals from 2015 and 2016 are on YouTube in full, so I'd assume yesterday's game will be put up at some point.

When's the DVD coming out ? I want one :)