Icetime TV

Cup finals like this need to be televised, end of. Premier Sports, Frontrunner, BBC red button - anywhere, to allow people to watch it. Streaming is just too unpredictable, in EIHL circles anyway, and I've had many problems at the likes of Blaze and Storm webcasts this season. Now it's Icetimetv's turn I'm afraid, who have done the game a dis-service tonight. The only disappointment of a great event.
I agree , I am not bashing Icetime TV who generally provide a good service.The EIHL should have sought out a provider for the CC Final and Play Off weekend before the start of the season to televise the games not rely on an individual Team's webcast company who do a good job on normal Devils games but had a larger than normal audience and it appears the service just couldn't cope.

James

Administrator
We had the same issue with MNL some years ago. The connections to the Database max out. It's just a server setting to increase them but you have to know to do it. Thats why they were asking you not to refresh I assume. It's the logging in part not the stream that was the issue in that case (based on assumptions)

Devil_Abroad

I am a total techno phobe so apologies for the vagueness of this response. I stream it to my TV via apple TV. If I stream it from my Apple Air Book laptop thing, it's very stop start. If I stream it from my iPad (I think it's an iPad 3) it's perfect. No idea why. I don't tend to get any problems with Ice Time TV. In the early days, yes, but not any more. Other streams from Manchester and Edinburgh are hit and miss but never with Ice Time. Bizarre.
How about when you watch back from Demand? Same for me when watching live - MacBook, iPad, iPhone, or iMac - all fantastic when watching live. But when watching back on demand al the games on all Apple devices stop after 20 - 30 minutes - I then have to refresh and start again. Weird. Not a problem on Windows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E.D.S.

How about when you watch back from Demand? Same for me when watching live - MacBook, iPad, iPhone, or iMac - all fantastic when watching live. But when watching back on demand al the games on all Apple devices stop after 20 - 30 minutes - I then have to refresh and start again. Weird. Not a problem on Windows.

I've never watched it back to be honest no doubt I will with this one though.

Not to jump on IceTime's backs, but it doesn't look as though you can access the On Demand copy of the game at the moment either. I missed the third period yesterday and had intended to watch it back when I got in, but clicking on the link to do so just leads me to a page which claims I'm trying to access protected content... I've e-mailed them to see if that's going to change, surely they can't charge £10 for the webcast and then charge again for on demand.
It's live now and available to watch again

Devil_Abroad

I've never watched it back to be honest no doubt I will with this one though.
Just watched 3rd period and celebrations as I was out and missed it. Same just happened lol

Amazing performance - all game they were awesome - but to play that quality Steelers off the ice in periods 2 and 3 was unreal.

E.D.S.

Just watching the highlights back tonight and got to agree with some other posts... I enjoy the commentary as always but the camera work was awful. Far too close and zoomed in. Makes it difficult to view.
Do we know if this was the usual camera man?
Can we get this sorted for next week please? A sport as fast as hockey clearly needs to be filmed from a wide perspective/zoomed out. Thanks

Hi all,

To help explain. Unlike the regular games there were two main cameras used as it was a special game.

In an effort to get highlights out as quickly as possible only the tight camera angle has made the highlights which is fine for zone coverage for the most part, but isn't ideal for transition plays. Those of you who watch NHL coverage will hopefully know what I mean and what the intention was.

The wide angle camera would work in tandem with the closer shot.

I believe we'll be putting out another cut with the additional camera angle edited in when time allows.

With only one camera Howard shoots a compromised angle on our usual game coverage.

Just wanted to make clear that there was nothing wrong with the camera work itself and that Howard as I'm sure you all know has for years filmed devils games superbly and that a decision was made to have two main cameras (one tight and one wide) for this game.

Many thanks, Aled

solelace84

I admit that when I was watching the stream, I did say that the camera angle seemed closer than usual.

I quite frequently use icetime to to watch the games I can't attend and rarely have a problem! Always a top quality webcast, best in the league I'd say!

However, it does seem somewhat odd that for a league that's progressing so much in terms of quality of hockey and interest, that there was no BBC or other coverage available. Maybe that was a choice the clubs made in order to capitalise on webcast £££. Who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

We had the same issue with MNL some years ago. The connections to the Database max out. It's just a server setting to increase them but you have to know to do it. Thats why they were asking you not to refresh I assume. It's the logging in part not the stream that was the issue in that case (based on assumptions)
Correct... I physically couldn't get onto IceTime TV Website to access the Webcast! I assume the people who logged in early were ok as IceTime TV were telling people not to log out or refresh for risk of not getting back in. I was on holiday and tried to login a few minutes into the game, I just kept getting a "Error establishing a database connection" message!

Devil_Abroad

Hi all,

To help explain. Unlike the regular games there were two main cameras used as it was a special game.

In an effort to get highlights out as quickly as possible only the tight camera angle has made the highlights which is fine for zone coverage for the most part, but isn't ideal for transition plays. Those of you who watch NHL coverage will hopefully know what I mean and what the intention was.

The wide angle camera would work in tandem with the closer shot.

I believe we'll be putting out another cut with the additional camera angle edited in when time allows.

With only one camera Howard shoots a compromised angle on our usual game coverage.

Just wanted to make clear that there was nothing wrong with the camera work itself and that Howard as I'm sure you all know has for years filmed devils games superbly and that a decision was made to have two main cameras (one tight and one wide) for this game.

Many thanks, Aled
Thanks Aled, makes sense for the extended highlights

Maybe consideration could be given to the live broadcast in future where more than one angle is used for software that allows a 'director' to move from one camera to the other? The girls at home found it very difficult to watch at the time (I of course adjusted well to it), and one gave up and just listened.

Top quality commentating again; love how the 3 of you interact so effortlessly.

One last thing, the interviews at the end came across on one stereo channel rather than both or mono? With only one ear piece in at the time I wasn't bright enough to work it out until the very last interview on the ice! Hehe twpsyn twp de