Icetime TV

Russky

Praise where its due re: great coverage to the Icetime team and those involved in ALL aspects of the production. The game commentary was amazing and the post game interviews were awesome. Well done to all involved.

Rob Batch

Russky, it sounds like you were incredibly fortunate with the Icetime TV coverage you had. Looking at twitter, I was one of many to have hardly (if any) coverage!

I am delighted with the victory for the Devils tonight. However, I am angered and appalled by the disgracefully unprofessional actions by those at IcetimeTV today. I was not fortunate enough to secure a ticket. Despite this, I thought I was in safe hands knowing I could watch and support the team on IcetimeTV. How wrong was I? I caught perhaps 10 minutes of the game, and even that was with heavy interruptions and pauses. I missed all 3 Devils goals and not only am I extremely disappointed to miss seeing the large majority of a game where the Devils won a trophy, a group of friends and I were even charged £10 for it! Judging by twitter, hundreds of us were left in the lurch by an unprofessional group who were clearly unprepared for the amount of viewers who would be accessing the stream - it's a cup final, how can you be left surprised by this!? Before anybody disagrees with that point, the tweets IcetimeTV sent out prove how unprepared they were. 'We are just resetting server guys' in the middle of the game; 'the site has crashed'; refusing to put the stream on YouTube when fans desperate to see the game requested it.

The bits I did see included interviews with people who's microphones were turned off; the entire stream's audio failing on numerous occasions; and the three presenters shouting things after the game on the ice when clearly unaware they were on air. Unprofessional and I'm appalled that I've been charged £10 for the 'privilege' of missing seeing my team win a cup. Refunds all round!
I'm really gutted you had that experience, really gutted.

Russky

I actually missed the 2nd period myself as my internet decided to play up. I got it back just before the end of the 2nd. I was happy I managed to see 2/3rd of the game and the end of game celebrations and interviews. I am sorry and am totally sympathetic for others who had a less fortunate and annoying experience with the webcast.

Last edited:

Rob Batch

I've had issues throughout the season with 'away' webcasts so I know how frustrating it can be. For me the webcast worked great, I am genuinely upset if anyone had problems.

I think you can rest assured that there will be an 'internal investigation' by Icetime tv into the problems people experienced especially if the feedback they had received was none too favourable.
Twitter is full of hate!
They might have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get their rep back....

Rob Batch

I feel a bit bad now. Asselins Stick the end was not painful although there was alot of talking, mainly to happy players etc. Might have been more hilarious to interview Thommo ! I only know how gutted I would feel if I didn't see the game.

I feel a bit bad now. Asselins Stick the end was not painful although there was alot of talking, mainly to happy players etc. Might have been more hilarious to interview Thommo ! I only know how gutted I would feel if I didn't see the game.
I expected it wasn't that bad, just pissed off fans who didn't get to see the whole game I imagine.

Russky

Twitter is full of hate!
They might have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get their rep back....
twitter is one of the many available mediums for people to express their displeasure and at something or another. As I say, Icetime tv will be aware of people having issues with this particular webcast and will do their best to put things right in some way or another.

twitter is one of the many available mediums for people to express their displeasure and at something or another. As I say, Icetime tv will be aware of people having issues with the webcast and will do their best to put things right.
Should of just YouTube streamed it to please the masses