Give Brent a chance

KaneDevils

Paul Sullivan said:
KaneDevils said:
I know aye. Didn't take me long to smell them grapes mind ;)
You really need more facts. Fired because of opinions, not forming opinions because of firing.

But you keep playing blind man's bluff.
Do you care how I'm treated in my workplace Paul? No. Guess what?
SNAP!
Try filing an 'unfair dismissal' dispute instead of blabbing about it on here.

Finny

Ocko said:
But the second best team in the league in December with arguably the hardest fixtures. We would have been looking a lot better had it not been for the mess Adams created.
Really?
Even if we include the debacle of the final Fife game, Adams won 7 of the 16 games he was in charge. Of those 9 games we lost, we were without LaCosta for 4 of them. We were 5 points off 4th place.

Since Adams was sacked we have won 9 of the 18 games. Of the 9 games we lost LaCosta /Cook played in all of them. We're now 13 points off 4th.

Paul Sullivan

KaneDevils said:
Paul Sullivan said:
KaneDevils said:
I know aye. Didn't take me long to smell them grapes mind ;)
You really need more facts. Fired because of opinions, not forming opinions because of firing.

But you keep playing blind man's bluff.
Do you care how I'm treated in my workplace Paul? No. Guess what?
SNAP!
Try filing an 'unfair dismissal' dispute instead of blabbing about it on here.
As soon as you stop using my status as leverage against my posts I'll stop replying to it :roll:

So - what are your thoughts regarding Finny's latest post?

Wannabe2

Finny said:
Ocko said:
But the second best team in the league in December with arguably the hardest fixtures. We would have been looking a lot better had it not been for the mess Adams created.
Really?
Even if we include the debacle of the final Fife game, Adams won 7 of the 16 games he was in charge. Of those 9 games we lost, we were without LaCosta for 4 of them. We were 5 points off 4th place.

Since Adams was sacked we have won 9 of the 18 games. Of the 9 games we lost LaCosta /Cook played in all of them. We're now 13 points off 4th.
Tough to argue with those facts.

KaneDevils

Let's assess at the end of the current campaign.
Whoever is coach there will always be something or someone to moan about, from tactical knowledge, to personal gripes to people's dress sense.
I will believe what I believe to be right, not what I'm instructed too.

Sheincar

Finny said:
Ocko said:
Really?

Thank you. Confirmed my suspicions.

Finny said:
Ocko said:
Really?

But things must be better under Pope because Paul Ragan said so on Devils TV :? :lol: :lol:

Gazza272

Finny said:
Really?

I think it was clear to everyone that what really ticked off Ragan was the September where we only won 3 of our first competitive 8 games, crucially not one competitive win at home, in fact we only won 2 competitive games at home in G's games that is always going to put pressure on yourself. Coming off the back of a poor end to 12/13 it was the worst possible start for G and it would have taken another world record run to change Ragan's mind I think. Of course we all know that the major reason for this was down to Lacosta going down and also I don't think Ross coming and then leaving immediately helped the D to gel all that well.

From there on the relationship was too shattered and fragmented to ever recover. We can all sit here and trade stats on wins and losses till the cows come home. It was never about results. It was about a business relationship gone sour.

I do find it interesting though that we have basically been rubbish all year. Maybe the guys we have in certain areas are just not good enough. And maybe the coaches we have had this year just aren't weren't good enough this year.

brent on holiday again,unbelievable...scotland,last month,u.s.a,this month.think i will go and work as a coach for the cardiff devils.i can let faulkner and co do my work,whilst i have another break.part time poper.knew he wouldnt be able to stand the strain...

august04

devildiva said:
brent on holiday again,unbelievable...scotland,last month,u.s.a,this month.think i will go and work as a coach for the cardiff devils.i can let faulkner and co do my work,whilst i have another break.part time poper.knew he wouldnt be able to stand the strain...
Can't the coach wait until the off season for his holidays?!

apparently not.well,not pope anyway.would love to know what pope has over regan though.never seen a coach at cardiff go off on his holidays mid season.he will be going again soon.like i say,part time coach.at least adams didnt wander whenever he fancied it...

Mooney#16

This team and club is currently not a team. Ragan will hate to hear it. Poper will hate to hear it and more importantly the players will hate to hear it. I've played sports to national levels and hockey for nearly 18 years and that from top to bottom is a divided camp. I'll quantify it. The ownership and coaching staff are pulling in what they believe to be the correct direction. The players by the looks of it have decided to free style the play. When a team mate gets knocked out and no one reacts the alarm bell goes of on the mind set of that group. Fair enough it was early season but it hasn't been addressed. To get humped 9-2 and not lay a marker down is also a disturbing sign. That game should have got nasty in the third but it was a roll over. Now I'm not laying blame at the players or coaches door as I don't have any inside knowledge but the indicators of a lack of team mentality are there.

Now the fanbase is also not aiding this. Currently all the praise is flowing in Brent's direction and criticism to the players. Ragan also seems to be doing this which I dare say wrecks team moral. The praise should go to all and criticism go to all. That's how a successful team will work. If any truth exists in Faulkner running training etc he should have had it publicly acknowledged before now on behalf of all the players. Now I'm not attacking anyone person. It's not my place. But I know enough to know the team is not all pulling in the same direction. Maybe all the talk of business, employees and customers are robbed the Devils of its sporting mentality. Team first breeds success not success breeds a team.

Mooney#16

I'm not sure I mentioned Regan as a bad seed. Precisely my point. If this is a close club and team no one should be of greater importance than anyone else. Everyone has their specific role and they need to be doing it to the best of their abilities. The trade mark of a good team is after all that the end result is a sum of all efforts combined not capped at the abilities of your greatest asset.

The divisions in the club maybe small to the point of insignificance or vast but unless you work within it you genuinely don't know. My over riding feeling. Success actually hinders progress here. Regan is a successful guy with a successful formula in business. He trusts his instincts but does he question them also. Same with Pope. Same as with G. Same for all the players. The club needs to become a team. Everyone needs to get each others back, confidence and respect and then realise the competition is with the other nine teams not within the Devils itself.

Mooney#16 said:
Regan is a successful guy with a successful formula in business. He trusts his instincts but does he question them also.
Well he shouldn't trust his instincts, because although he has been successful in some of his business interests he certainly hasn't in all of them. He has no experience in sports business yet still bangs on about the Devils breaking even, the Devils have never broken even in their history, even when BT where main sponsors! Off course in his arrogant way, I'm sure he knows best :DWD