Giants webcast

Well I watched the whole match, and Ben Bowns didn’t lose us the game, what did however was playing against a team who have been together much longer than us, who had settled lines, who had 4 more import skaters than us, and who were playing at home. On another night and on a level playing field the result could have been far different. Let’s judge the team and players in another 4/6 weeks time, think we may just be, me included expecting too much too soon. I once made a comment on why we signed a player who in my mind was pretty garbage after him being here for 3 weeks, that player turned out to be one of my all time favourites, a certain Mr Ian McIntyre, let’s hope we all have more positive views in a few weeks time.
is a week longer together than Devils?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #122
Okay stalker a week. With settled lines, 4 more import skaters, and playing at home. Feel better now . We will still finish the season higher than you Sherlock.

Last edited:
Okay stalker a week. With settled lines, 4 more import skaters, and playing at home. Feel better now . We will still finish the season higher than you Sherlock.
Why the aggressive/sarcastic sounding post?
Claret Giant only made a couple of factual comments?
I think it was 3 extra import skaters Friday, not sure about last night

Samael

Why the aggressive/sarcastic sounding post?
Claret Giant only made a couple of factual comments?
I think it was 3 extra import skaters Friday, not sure about last night
Tbh claretgiant lurks here a lot and pounces on things and likes to gloat. While l don't agree with Wannabe 90% of the time, his response to this antagonistic little sh.. Er giant's fan, is warranted on this occasion.

So was Bowns really that bad last night?[/QUOTE]

People see games differently. From sitting behind Bowns for 2 periods, he looked "uncomfortable" for some reason. Exhibition game or whatever, I was surprised to see him start to be honest. Was he bad. Hmmmm. He could definitely have been better.

BostonBart22

So was Bowns really that bad last night?
People see games differently. From sitting behind Bowns for 2 periods, he looked "uncomfortable" for some reason. Exhibition game or whatever, I was surprised to see him start to be honest. Was he bad. Hmmmm. He could definitely have been better.[/QUOTE]
He made some excellent saves friday night tbh, obviously outskaters are rusty as with netties, there's a lot of pressure on ben this time as his last season with us wasn't the greatest, may need a fresh start again with a new nettie coach, that may help

Wannabe2

Thread starter #128
Me and Claretgiant have a long running feud going back many years, many years,hence the stalker comment, to which I have had the pleasure of not having to speak to for a long long time,this feud has nothing to do with Friday whoever, it was a conversation between me and it, and no bugger else, but some people can’t keep their nose out of other peoples business. Thanks Samael we ain’t bosom pals but you know exactly where I am coming from. Anyway have a great season all.

Samael

I don't know the ins and outs of any feuds and l don't want to. All l know is what l see and claret is a smug little trouble maker. Shame Belfast don't have their own forum really where all the Jim mcdonalds could congregate nicely.

Last edited:
, there's a lot of pressure on ben this time as his last season with us wasn't the greatest, may need a fresh start again with a new nettie coach, that may help[/QUOTE]

For sure, you don't become a bad goaltender over an off season, just a rusty goaltender. Back up seemed pretty confident in positioning etc. They could be a really good tandam.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #131
I don't know the ins and outs of any feuds. All l know is what l see and claret is a smug little trouble maker. Shame Belfast don't have their own forum really where all the Jim mcdonalds could congregate nicely.
They did years ago think it was called View from the Bridge, after the bridge in their arena, that’s where the feud was born, started by that little shit, which fortunately went to sleep for many years, but now has raised its ugly head, anyway it is what it is.

Samael

They did years ago think it was called View from the Bridge, after the bridge in their arena, that’s where the feud was born, started by that little shit, which fortunately went to sleep for many years, but now has raised its ugly head, anyway it is what it is.
Shame it isn't a thing any more, the Belfast forum l mean. It's always interesting reading interpretations of league activity and games from other fanbases.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #133
It was a pretty good forum and pretty entertaining except for the troll of course, but obviously most posters were good folk and very switched on. But then it dissapeared , bit like the Blaze forum, great shame.

Tbh claretgiant lurks here a lot and pounces on things and likes to gloat. While l don't agree with Wannabe 90% of the time, his response to this antagonistic little sh.. Er giant's fan, is warranted on this occasion.
You state this as fact but surely it’s just your opinion?
Whatever the history his remarks were in response to two totally reasonable and accurate posts!

Me and Claretgiant have a long running feud going back many years, many years,hence the stalker comment, to which I have had the pleasure of not having to speak to for a long long time,this feud has nothing to do with Friday whoever, it was a conversation between me and it, and no bugger else, but some people can’t keep their nose out of other peoples business. Thanks Samael we ain’t bosom pals but you know exactly where I am coming from. Anyway have a great season all.
If it’s a conversation between you both and no one else then take it privately.
If you post on an open forum then you better be prepared for people to comment, be it good or bad.
No surprise for it to be you to be you to throw the first insults of the season huh.

Samael

You state this as fact but surely it’s just your opinion?
Whatever the history his remarks were in response to two totally reasonable and accurate posts!
Well it's fact that claret winds people up, shit stirs and gloats. It's my opinion Wannabe's response was justified given the posts I've seen from claret in the past. That OK with you? That is rhetorical BTW.

Well it's fact that claret winds people up, shit stirs and gloats. It's my opinion Wannabe's response was justified given the posts I've seen from claret in the past. That OK with you? That is rhetorical BTW.
That’s not what you stated in your original post I commented on. If it was I wouldn’t have said anything.
You’ll see that if you re-read it.
Don’t come round here with your big words either :)