Giants webcast

RedDevil17

we were never going to win in belfast 2 imports down and against a 15 or 16 import man squad.its just a friendly which means nothing.remember we lost 8-1 in sheffield in the cc well that team won the league and cc cup.id be concerned if we were losing to them with 14 imports like it will be when we face them in the league.
Absolute rubbish. No matter whether it’s preseason or not I want to see a little bit of effort and passion, I saw very little of either and certain individuals should not have been brought back. The 14 vs 16 import thing is an excuse.

august04 2.0

we were never going to win in belfast 2 imports down and against a 15 or 16 import man squad.its just a friendly which means nothing.remember we lost 8-1 in sheffield in the cc well that team won the league and cc cup.id be concerned if we were losing to them with 14 imports like it will be when we face them in the league.
I agree that the score lines in both games mean nothing, but if I was Brodie DuPont, I’d like to have seen some signs of what might be to come from my team. I have no absolutely no idea what to make of this team having watched the first two games.

moggy#9

I think that I'm less concerned about the losses than their manner. Yesterday was dreadful, and by all accounts tonight was just as bad. Not panic stations yet, but an awful lot of work to do.

Belfast have obviously benefited from their chl prep, as we did in the early season last year, but there's more of a gap than I expected.

Diablo3

I think that I'm less concerned about the losses than their manner. Yesterday was dreadful, and by all accounts tonight was just as bad. Not panic stations yet, but an awful lot of work to do.

Belfast have obviously benefited from their chl prep, as we did in the early season last year, but there's more of a gap than I expected.
The gap was Reid and Coughler. DuPont won't have learnt much about his side this weekend because his two main goal scorers were missing

Wannabe2

Thread starter #87
Absolute rubbish. No matter whether it’s preseason or not I want to see a little bit of effort and passion, I saw very little of either and certain individuals should not have been brought back. The 14 vs 16 import thing is an excuse.
In fairness it wasn’t 14 v 16 imports, it was 12, however its been a very poor weekend, I also don’t know what to make of this team, hopefully good things to come.

Diablo3

In fairness it wasn’t 14 v 16 imports, it was 12, however its been a very poor weekend, I also don’t know what to make of this team, hopefully good things to come.
Let's get the full lines out there and then we can judge. I have to say Kerlin, Haywood and Kelly shone this weekend

The_Stick_

You can’t make anything out of a team that is not at full capacity, whilst also playing in a meaningless friendly. I completely agree that we could of shown more effort, but we played a Belfast team, playing 1/2 imports more than normally allowed, whilst also playing without 2 of our best imports.

Diablo3

He did, but it's like moving between the Championship and the Premier league, you only find out how quick it is once you get there. I have a feeling he will be fine in the EIHL with a few games under his belt

yes i agree that the effort should be there but im not to worried about the result.we were missing 3 imports with our top scorer missing.the lines were messed up and it showed.i think that by the time we start the league with a full squad we will be a far better team.i fancy us to beat belfast once they can only play 14 imports as they'll only have 3 lines to our four and we'll grind them down.

Gisland

yes i agree that the effort should be there but im not to worried about the result.we were missing 3 imports with our top scorer missing.the lines were messed up and it showed.i think that by the time we start the league with a full squad we will be a far better team.i fancy us to beat belfast once they can only play 14 imports as they'll only have 3 lines to our four and we'll grind them down.
Giants can play 4 lines if needed.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #98
We were missing 2 imports not 3.