Giants Vs Devils - League - 6th Nov 22 - 16:00 FO

lloyd_jeff

Difficult situation, you’re either going to appease fans, piss off players or appease players, piss off fans. To be honest nothing really needs to be said as it’s pretty obvious to everyone & any statement isn’t going to change that.

kingmo19.1

Difficult situation, you’re either going to appease fans, piss off players or appease players, piss off fans. To be honest nothing really needs to be said as it’s pretty obvious to everyone & any statement isn’t going to change that.
I think the first option you highlighted is completely appropriate.

Alternatively, they just turtle, brush it under the carpet then and pretend it never happened! Hmmmm!!!

BostonBart22

out of curiosity, did the captain try to motivate the troops during the game or intervals, or not? if not he should have been throwing the water bottle around the place. smashing his stick on the boards or did he go missing as well.
No way in this world Ritchie would to that, nothing against Ritchie , he's done a great job over the years, but as I said in a previous post think it's time fir a change of leadership on the ice more vocal in situations like sunday and some of the other drab games at home, got nothing to lose now the damage is done , let's change the C a d A's even if it's shuffling them around ...just a thought...

Gospel

Taking a look at the teams stats just the league says a lot.

We allow a huge amount of shots on goal per game and the more shots you face the more goals your going to concede. That doesnt tell the whole story though as when you watch games we allow so many shots in front of goal. Your not going to win games that way. Our D collapse right on top of whoever is in goal making life very difficult. The forwards flounce around but are just not effective in anything defensively. Some goals we've conceded have been soft but give the goalie a break and push out and pressure the puck.

Going forward we are not shooting more than any other team and we dont screen the goalie very much at all either. Our shots are either from the outside or we are looking for that picture perfect goal every time. When you do that every time its easy to know whats coming and set up for it. Before the season wasnt it mentioned that we would be going a 'bit up heavier' up front this season. Looks like they meant we are just getting heavier players as they dont seem to be doing anything different than last season!

In my opinion (and its worth diddly squat) the players are playing and setting up as the coach wants and it isnt working. A3 games in 5 days isnt great that falls to whoever organised that, but the team on the ice is down to the coach ad the coaching team. HOWEVER, if your mentally exhausted after 1 game and then quit halfway through another then thats entirely down to the players. Grow a pair of kahunas and start laying hits, make an effort to show your hurting and playing for the Devils actually means something to you.

hip check

Taking a look at the teams stats just the league says a lot.

We allow a huge amount of shots on goal per game and the more shots you face the more goals your going to concede. That doesnt tell the whole story though as when you watch games we allow so many shots in front of goal. Your not going to win games that way. Our D collapse right on top of whoever is in goal making life very difficult. The forwards flounce around but are just not effective in anything defensively. Some goals we've conceded have been soft but give the goalie a break and push out and pressure the puck.

Going forward we are not shooting more than any other team and we dont screen the goalie very much at all either. Our shots are either from the outside or we are looking for that picture perfect goal every time. When you do that every time its easy to know whats coming and set up for it. Before the season wasnt it mentioned that we would be going a 'bit up heavier' up front this season. Looks like they meant we are just getting heavier players as they dont seem to be doing anything different than last season!

In my opinion (and its worth diddly squat) the players are playing and setting up as the coach wants and it isnt working. A3 games in 5 days isnt great that falls to whoever organised that, but the team on the ice is down to the coach ad the coaching team. HOWEVER, if your mentally exhausted after 1 game and then quit halfway through another then thats entirely down to the players. Grow a pair of kahunas and start laying hits, make an effort to show your hurting and playing for the Devils actually means something to you.
A lot of sense spoken there.

moggy#9

The players wanting a coach is not ever a good thing. It means they feel cozy and safe, that should never be the case in professionall sport. Their must be an air of disapline, respect and fear that if they don't do their job they are out. To many players think they are doing ok if the coach doesn't be nasty sometimes.
Really? Fear? This isn't Manchester United or an NHL team. How well do you think recruitment will go if players feel bullied? That said, I think that a coach being respected is more important than being one of the boys. Yes, is fine being friends, but that ends at the doors to the rink. The church has to be ready to do whatever is necessary to get wins, and the players have to understand that.

ASHIPP

Really? Fear? This isn't Manchester United or an NHL team. How well do you think recruitment will go if players feel bullied? That said, I think that a coach being respected is more important than being one of the boys. Yes, is fine being friends, but that ends at the doors to the rink. The church has to be ready to do whatever is necessary to get wins, and the players have to understand that.
Its very difficult to be liked and respected at the same time.

Think with experience Andrew Lord grew into that situation over time. There were probably difficult situations over the years which he would have had to address. The first time is the worst time but, handled properly, people do respect honesty and action. No doubting Lordo was liked and respected..but he had to earn it by facing up to cicumstances, making unpopular choices and drawing a definite line between friendship and authority.

It's how Dupont starts handling situations this season and acting upon decisions that will determine whether he will be respected. Like any team member making a step up, he will have develop a different type of relationship/way of behaving now with players who were his team mates.

terry hunt

I see that Dundee have released their captain Fabrizio Ricci.
I apologise for the repeat but takes some guts to make changes of this scale.
I thought only the Steelers/Panthers went in for this.

lloyd_jeff

So the rumours about Skalde, anyone think the problem wasn't Skalde ?

Is the team running the show, this is the 2nd Coach who’s struggling to get these guys playing. It’s predominantly the same team. We know their not shit, when their on it they’ve shown moments of brilliance. I’d love to be a fly on the wall because whatever it is someone’s taking the piss, just can’t be sure who.

BostonBart22

All the interviews with skalde after a defeat, and i could think about a dozen games, quote.."..we started slow."..same old excuse, so isnt it down to skalde to sort that out before they hit the ice..he had to go ..

lloyd_jeff

All the interviews with skalde after a defeat, and i could think about a dozen games, quote.."..we started slow."..same old excuse, so isnt it down to skalde to sort that out before they hit the ice..he had to go ..
Absolutely, now this is yr 2, Skalde is gone, so was Skalde at fault in yr 1 or was Skalde prevented from taking action to “motivate” the team.