Giants Vs Devils - League - 6th Nov 22 - 16:00 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils head across the water to Belfast for the next and final game in this crazy run, getting almost a week off till the next game. Giants are currently mid-table but with loads of games in hand due to their CHL adventures, Devils will be looking to gain some consistency.

BostonBart22

Didnt look good with Bowns unable to finish game, maybe a tweak , would give him sunday off and maybe next weekends games in readiness for cc cup weekend , kozun start and bring in kerlin from bristol as # 2 for sunday

BostonBart22

Not seen a replay, but from my view in block 7, our 2nd goal was definitely a high stick from where I was sat.

It was reviewed and given tho!
Even commentator suggested high stick and was shocked it was given, take that though as we been on the wrong end of laptop decisions last few seasons.

Gavevs88

Ahhh yeah sorry, I assumed you meant the 3rd that wasn't given at first. Yeah the high stick one was surprising, but yeah we are due some good luck with those ones.

ASHIPP

3rd game in 5 days for our Guys ...crazy. o_OAgainst Giants, it's the toughest of the 3...away and it's the Giants.

But you never know. Hopefully confidence will be high on our Team after Wed and Fri. Keep it very tight defensively, stay disciplined and be dominate with puck possession and on the pp. Anything could happen.

Good Luck Devils.

Last edited:

Mooney#16

Have to ask before I go all in on Todd but who the hell signed of on this fixture schedule the Devils are currently on. It’s absolute madness. Why would you put Giants as the last game of a 3 in 5 in November which is Devils notoriously terrible month for form. From the outside Devils fixtures the last few weeks have been the work of a lunatic and really screwed the players and coaches in the hoop. And all this leading into the conti cup for a 3 in 3. There will be injuries by the end of that and the fixture fairy will be the one to blame. Rarely do I believe in excuses for teams but Giants away is a battle at best of times. The players have been proper screwed over here by someone.

moggy#9

Have to ask before I go all in on Todd but who the hell signed of on this fixture schedule the Devils are currently on. It’s absolute madness. Why would you put Giants as the last game of a 3 in 5 in November which is Devils notoriously terrible month for form. From the outside Devils fixtures the last few weeks have been the work of a lunatic and really screwed the players and coaches in the hoop. And all this leading into the conti cup for a 3 in 3. There will be injuries by the end of that and the fixture fairy will be the one to blame. Rarely do I believe in excuses for teams but Giants away is a battle at best of times. The players have been proper screwed over here by someone.
You're right that the fixture list does seem crazy, though admittedly there are constraints such as the number of weeks available in the season, and dates when certain venues are being used for other things. All that said, Belfast seem to have a habit of playing things to their advantage.

Of course, if we were able to utilise a full squad to have a complete bench every game, this in itself wouldn't be quite the same problem.

Mooney#16

The arena teams date availability is one of the single biggest obstacles to growth in hockey. It’s THE reason we can’t have series style play offs. It doesn’t wash with me at all that they are pandered too because of flaws in their business models. However for a 3 in 5 why you would put Belfast at the end of it is crackers. Coventry, Guildford, Scotland even but Belfast with one arm tied behind your back in terms of fatigue and injuries just means you aren’t giving the team the best crack at a fellow title contender.

You only have to look at Sam Jardine. Clearly playing injured and only a matter of time before he goes pop long term on current fixture rate. I know it’s in fashion to criticise players but they really have been dealt a crap hand here if the expectation is they deliver success.

Ejercito Rojas

Thinking back at the fixture schedule that the Devils have endured you’d be expecting us to have played significantly more games than our rivals but that is not the case. To date we have played 21 combined league and C Cup games.
Compare that to our rivals
Guildford 21
Sheffield 19
Coventry. 19
Belfast have played 16 but they’ve also had 6 CHL games on top of that.
The Scottish teams have along with Belfast played a couple less because their CC group only required a 6 game schedule and not 8 like ours.

I believe that the Continental Cup represents our best chance of silverware this season, as our team seems more suited to a less physical more open European style of play.
Should we get through the semi-final group as we all hope, we have now cleared a weekend in January for the final group stage without having to re-schedule any further games.
I believe Todd has front loaded the fixtures to give ourselves an easier workload in the run-in from the end of January onwards, which is when the transfer deadline has passed to bring in any injury cover.

Yes, it’s not ideal but if you want to win trophies you have to do some heavy lifting!

BostonBart22

Yes , devils gotta fit in all these games as we got to free weekends not involved in the lge , that's the price we pay for being in Europe, if we don't make the next stage in January wouldn't be surprised we rearrange a home game for the coffers coming in.

lloyd_jeff

Depends what the reasons are, sport results or money and who ultimately has the final word, all teams I’d imagine want to earn the most money they can whilst giving their team the best schedule. Accommodating every club must be an absolute nightmare, I’d be surprised if some clubs motivation is screwing over the nearest competitor, Belfast certainly seem to have the schedule advantage this month.