Giants Vs Devils - League - 6th Nov 22 - 16:00 FO

No doubt the usual suspects will claim tiredness, fixture congestion, playing with injuries, we don’t have a "Devine right to win" or some other bollocks but for the "enlightened ones" this is the eventual destination you arrive at when you repeatedly fail to address obvious and fundamental problems!
You then compound those problems by re-signing many that weren’t good enough for long enough last time around and then put an untried rookie in charge.

FFS! Many of us could see this coming down the tracks A LONG TIME AGO!!

kingmo19.1

Sad to say but we’re seeing a power shift in British Ice Hockey at the moment! Belfast have really been in control since we threw away the league by losing in Coventry.

Playoff wins just cloud the reality.

Over a full season, the Giants and Steelers have had our number for a good few seasons now.

Pembo

Don’t worry, they’ve watched a lot of tape we’re just playing rope-a-dope, this is all going to end well, we’re about to smash the Belfast laptop & unleash Beast-mode Ben Davies.

Hedd Wyn John

Sad to say but we’re seeing a power shift in British Ice Hockey at the moment! Belfast have really been in control since we threw away the league by losing in Coventry.

Playoff wins just cloud the reality.

Over a full season, the Giants and Steelers have had our number for a good few seasons now.
You're forgetting the 2020 covid season where we almost had the league in the bag.

The shift has taken place since then.

jenks33

No doubt the usual suspects will claim tiredness, fixture congestion, playing with injuries, we don’t have a "Devine right to win" or some other bollocks but for the "enlightened ones" this is the eventual destination you arrive at when you repeatedly fail to address obvious and fundamental problems!
You then compound those problems by re-signing many that weren’t good enough for long enough last time around and then put an untried rookie in charge.

FFS! Many of us could see this coming down the tracks A LONG TIME AGO!!
Scandalous how many of last seasons roster came back. Our goalie was our best player and we still finished 14 points behind the winners!

And I’ll say it again about the play off win. We scraped through against Glasgow in the quarters and Guildford should have beaten us in the semis.

ASHIPP

Finding replacements going to be that simple at this time of the season? Many would love Matt Register here....he's playing somewhere else now.

If the Team had lost 3-1 and put up a fantastic fight that would be acceptable to many. It's the Giants, they are current league champions and playing well.

I see the scores against the Giants from other teams in recent games, then look at tonight's. Some of those teams played shortbenched. They fought and kept the score down.Are there multiple reasons for tonight's shocking result? Fatigue, multiple injuries, poor tactics, poor netminding...or can it be pinpointed to one thing?

God help us in the QF of C Cup if we are drawn against the Giants. They continue to be our biggest nemesis.

Diafol

By rights I should be in a good mood.
I'm in a beach bar in Tenerife, the sun is warm and I've had a few beers.
Instead I'm posting on an Internet forum about how bad my team is.
More beers needed methinks.